Wiki Posts
Search

SFO/ORD/LAX/DFW AA Admirals Club MR DOs throughout January

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2012, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Thanks. I am on 1665. We were 2 hours late almost, and I had a 70 minute turn planned, so if they swap planes I am on the red-eye, I guess.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
What is flt 618 out of SFO showing tonight? I will be late for that, unless it's the same plane I am on right now, halfway there.
I am sitting in front of the gate, Looking at the situation here, it seems like it will be on the same plane. See you on board 618
Old Jan 26, 2012, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Hertz 5*, HHonors Diamond
Do you folks want me to continue the spreadsheet into February and March?

Quite a few people have sent me itins that include Feb and/or March DEQ11 flights. When I've written back to say I'm not tracking those months, I've been asked by many if I'm going to make separate lists for those months too, since a lot of us (myself included) will continue to take advantage of DEQ11 into February and March. I know I've enjoyed meeting fellow FTers on the TEQM flights, and many of you have said you've enjoyed it too.

So after a lot of thought, I've decided that I will make February and March lists if enough people want me to, but there will be some provisos:

1. No stats. The lists will just show FT handles of who is on what flight and AC membership/willingness to guest in nonmembers. It's going to take some time to put everything together from January anyway -- if I ever want to get my life back, I have to draw the line somewhere

2. As with January, this is only for flights between the DEQ11 cities (and positioning flights ORD-DFW, LAX-SFO, and the reverse). No other flights will be listed.

3. If someone sends me the wrong data or not enough data (e.g., just a flight # with no times, or times with no flight #), I won't add that person to the list and I won't engage in a PM exchange to acquire data missing from the first PM. I've spent way too much time this month looking up flight schedules, fixing incorrect flight numbers and/or city pairs, et cetera. I just don't have the time to keep doing that for two more months.

4. I won't be soliciting anybody to ask if they want to be on the list, like I've been doing with January. If someone wants to be on the list, that person will need to send me a PM. If someone only posts in the threads I will create, I won't add that person to the list and I won't spend time combing the DEQ11 thread (or elsewhere) looking for people's flight plans to add to the list.

So start chiming in now if you want to see a separate thread with a February list and a separate thread with a March list. I'll do it if 25 or more people say they want to see it/participate in it. If it's less than that, I don't think it's worth the effort.

What say you all? Send me a simple yea or nay PM now and I'll start totting up the FT handles to see if we have enough who want the threads started. Please do NOT start sending me your February and/or March schedules just yet. I'll post back here in a day or two and let you know if enough people have expressed interest and, assuming at that point that there are enough, you can start sending me your schedules then and I'll make two new threads here in Community Buzz to host the lists.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 6:28 pm

Programs: *G, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, BW Plat
Lucky just blogged about the new int'l 777-300ER premium classes. Save your SWUs for it!
Old Jan 26, 2012, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by 2millionquest
Quite a few people have sent me itins that include Feb and/or March DEQ11 flights. When I've written back to say I'm not tracking those months, I've been asked by many if I'm going to make separate lists for those months too, since a lot <snip>.

I'm all up for a continuing list. Flights run into February. . Thanks again for the hard work!
Old Jan 26, 2012, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Thanks. I am on 1665. We were 2 hours late almost, and I had a 70 minute turn planned, so if they swap planes I am on the red-eye, I guess.
I think we are okay: FA said same plane and same crew going back to ORD.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:05 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Six down....

Finished six tonight. For to go, two ORD LAX and ORD SFO.

Starting to get a bit tired, think picked up a stomach bug .

o another note, if you are tired and fell run down, try this.(oldIndian remedy).

FOLD both your ears, EVERY WHICH WAY YOU CAN.

get energizes in less than 60 seconds !!
Old Jan 26, 2012, 8:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by 2millionquest View
Quite a few people have sent me itins that include Feb and/or March DEQ11 flights. When I've written back to say I'm not tracking those months, I've been asked by many if I'm going to make separate lists for those months too, since a lot <snip>.
Thanks for all you've done. I just PM'd you, as you requested, but want to post here also. Lot's of FT people met each other this month thanks to you and Win. It made my flights more enjoyable and got me into the AC. Made some new friends.

I think Feb travel has a few advantages for those of us that had limited time in Jan. No TEQM, but less EXPs, so easier upgrades. And for me, TRDM since I'll finally be PLAT due to 5 Jan round trips.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Morning Calm, Marriott Plat., Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Legendary poster
Lucky just blogged about the new int'l 777-300ER premium classes. Save your SWUs for it!
Wow these look great! Hopefully they will start expanding routes to new places.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Flt 618 just made it back to ORD from SFO.

Never been in ORD at almost 1:30 am.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 1:07 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
I had 2 in the LAX AC and shamelessly used both of them at 4:30 AM.
I should've loaded up in the AC. AA is still apparently charging for booze on this routing. I also upgraded my return, but it is money well spent since the flight is oversold.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 6:02 am

My luck may have just run out.

1341 had a mechanic on, but we still pushed back on time. Unfortunately, we are now back at gate and they are bringing the mechanics back on.

I think my return flight 556 is the same aircraft....hope that holds true.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by HMPS
Finished six tonight. For to go, two ORD LAX and ORD SFO.

Starting to get a bit tired, think picked up a stomach bug .

o another note, if you are tired and fell run down, try this.(oldIndian remedy).

FOLD both your ears, EVERY WHICH WAY YOU CAN.

get energizes in less than 60 seconds !!
Well, on the plane, it's almost like my office.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WanderLuster
My luck may have just run out.

1341 had a mechanic on, but we still pushed back on time. Unfortunately, we are now back at gate and they are bringing the mechanics back on.

I think my return flight 556 is the same aircraft....hope that holds true.
Yes, it has repeatedly been the same plane turning around for me; usually also the same FAs. You got the same MX cancellation as I got yesterday, but at least they had the decency to give me a day's notice. Then there was a 2-hour delay departing. So my nice planned 0650 out-1640 return became:

1600 out
0130+1 return

I think we MR-types are breaking the planes.

I cannot believe I am the only FTer doing the early ORD-SFO and immediate return Saturday.

OP updated with info as of last night. 194 participants now!
Old Jan 27, 2012, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Weather forecast for DFW, SFO, LAX, even here in BOS looks great this weekend. Keep the fingers crossed! A little snow for ORD but nothing the folks at O'Hare can't handle!

SFO: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...37876892089844

DFW: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...04360961914062

ORD: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick....9071044921875

LAX: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...42094421386719

BOS (for me selfishly interested): http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...01905822753906

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.