Community
Wiki Posts
Search

An open letter to the members of FlyerTalk

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2010, 10:58 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Man, what some folks will do to get out of moderating OMNI.

Your sage advice and overwhelming kindness and consideration for others will be sorely missed around here.

I wish you the best of success and happiness both personally and professionally. Let's hope our paths cross often in the future.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 11:02 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Thank you for everything, Randy.

FlyerTalk seems different already knowing that you will be leaving. You led us with integrity, kindness, and humor and you will be greatly missed. Now it's time for every FlyerTalker to uphold the values and principles you have instilled in the community to ensure it's continued success.

I wish you the best of everything for the future and thank you for everything you have done in the past.

Bon voyage!
Old Nov 7, 2010, 11:05 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Randy,

It was an honor and a pleasure for Kathy and me finally to meet you last year during the First Star MegaDo and to thank you in person.

As others have also said, FT has truly changed our lives.

We thank you once more and wish you all the best. ^

Brian aka Fredd

edited to add: a good purpose for my/our 7000th post.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 11:13 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Randy:
Thank you for Flyertalk & all you've done. Thanks to this web site I've learned much & have friends I don't deserve to have.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
Thanks Randy for all you have done here with Flyertalk. It's a wonder community and has created many friendships along the way. The best of luck on your future path.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 11:16 am

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ClubCarlson Concierge
Oh how you will be missed

Randy,

As a relatively new FT member, I have not had the opportunity to spend time with you like many of the FT veterans. Those who have been able to get significant time, advice, and memories with you are truly blessed. The recent SMD2 was my first opportunity to spend some time with you to create some of those memories, and I am so glad that I had that opportunity. I did not know at the time just how special it would be to be in Randy Class for the SMD2. It was already such a great experience for me, but now it means so much more. I will forever associate the two words "Randy" and "Class", as you definitely seem to find a way to insert an amazing level of class into all that you do.

Congratulations on moving on to the next phase of your life Randy! And THANK YOU for taking so many others along for the ride over all of these years. I hope you still join us at events from time to time. I know that you will always be welcomed with open arms.

Peter
Old Nov 7, 2010, 11:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Johnny Jet
Congrats! You are going out on top
Ain't that the truth. Wow. Major congrats. Can't imagine Flyertalk without you.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Thanks Randy!
Old Nov 7, 2010, 11:37 am
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Randy, you are a role model for all of us in how to conduct a business and a life of honesty, integrity and generosity. Thank you for the adventures and friendships that Flyertalk brought into my life.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Randy, from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!!!

FlyerTalk.com has been, as others have already said above me, one of the most influential things in my adult life. I've made lifelong friends, had adventures I could never have dreamed of, and done it all in fantastic style.

Thank you for bringing this community together. I'm honored to have had the opportunity to serve as both a moderator and a TalkBoard member - but most honored to have had the pleasure of your acquaintance.

As I said recently in another thread, I look forward into popping into the House of Miles again on my next trip to COS - and I hope you stay in touch with us all so we can see where your next entrepreneurial adventure takes you. I have a feeling you still have some good tricks up your sleeve!
Old Nov 7, 2010, 11:58 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Randy-

You will be missed by countless numbers and although we have not yet met (n.b. yet ), we did share phone tag voice mails about my upcoming Good Morning America piece back when I was a rookie goalie on Flyertalk and the advice you gave me to "simply be yourself" may sound so very simple but it it made the whole thing very easy for me and quelled my fears of not making Flyertalk proud and that is something I will always remember. Thank you for allowing me to become part of the family ^ and there will always (n.b. always) be a tootsie-pop in my bag waiting for you!

David
Old Nov 7, 2010, 12:06 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
You will be missed indeed ...

I am a working class man/family but nowadays we travel like millionaires ... first class all the way thanks to you and thanks to flyertalk ^

Congratulations and thank you again for everything.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 12:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
It must be rewarding to see your creation go on and to have had such an influence on so many.

Thanks and good luck.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AE
What is there to say but an inadequate "thanks". You've provided not only an invaluable resource but hours of entertainment! Happy (con)trails!
Old Nov 7, 2010, 12:47 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
I found Flyertalk in April 2001, by a post in one of www.clarkhoward.com travel forums. I went to get more information on a bargain airfare to Europe and got alot more than I bargained for. (in very positive ways!!).

Right away, I bought a $97 LAX-MIA on CO, got 2 bumps, an op up to BizF and a fun trip. Also got in on a $137 DEN-FRA LH fare that earn EQM's. And to get to/from DEN, I didn't go nonstop, I went to SEA, PHX, SFO, etc coming & going. Also status matches, SIN trips, etc. I has been alot of fun. Knowing about airline lounges is great!!

I have heard of Randy but I didn't get to meet him until I went to the Freddies. The first one I went to was in Colorado Springs (2003?) & got to visit the House of Miles. ^ Also visited relatives in nearby Woodland so that was a great trip!

There comes a time where it is time to do other things. My father (and late Mom) owned a successful store and Dad decided he wanted to retire. He stays in a cabin along a Michigan lake and winters in Florida. He has flown a couple times to CA (once for my wedding and another time for my Aunt's funeral). He dislikes the TSA so flying isn't for him unless he can't drive there.

Bottom line: A major thank you for all the effort & passion that goes into FT. We all benefited. Now my wife gets to go to places (Europe, etc) with me in comfort due to all the points. ^ Keep enjoying life!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.