An open letter to the members of FlyerTalk

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

An open letter to the members of FlyerTalk

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2010, 11:27 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG/Marriott PLT
Randy, really apprecite for what you have done to this community and you must be so proud to have created such a successful forum.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 11:36 am

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
Randy,

FlyerTalk has, as it has for so many of us, changed and enriched our lives forever. It is difficult to state how all our lives have been so much improved by our experiences here. From new friends, new adventures, sharing the love and joys of travel, improving the travel experience for us all, and the daily fun here, thank you truly for imagining, creating and nurturing our online (and in part, real life) community. We together have turned our interests and time into something much much greater: a place for those who love to travel and how to share that love.

Best of luck in life's next endeavors for you and yours.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 12:31 pm

Randy, thank you for everything that you have done. Your knowledge, expertise, and FT helped me so much when I first started flying. I am here to help repay all those people including you for all the great information I received.

I wish you well in your "new" life.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 1:41 pm

Programs: Delta, United, Virgin America, British Airways, JetBlue, Alaska
good luck my friend

Hey Randy. Your creation and generosity have improved the lives of many, especially mine. Thanks for all the help over the years and good luck with what's next. I'll never forget the time you and I sat next to each other on the Concorde! I've got great pic of you in the cockpit at the end of that flight-- but can't figure out how to upload on here....
Take care,
Chris M

Last edited by ticketatl; Nov 8, 2010 at 6:17 pm
Old Nov 8, 2010, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA
Thank you for opening us to the possibilities in life

Change happens. We don't always like mergers or departures. But change is always a part of our lives. Best of luck in all that you do. I don't think that you will be able to be in an airport where someone won't recognize you and your warm friendship. I found your friendship the moment I walked into the LH JFK lounge. You saw an unfamiliar face and came to welcome me in. I will always remember that.

With Flyertalk you have open me up to the possibilities of life, especially in the discovery of new places, cultures and friends via international air travel.

Thank you and safe travels through life's journeys.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA GLD, HH, TSA Disparager Gold
Randy,

It honestly brings tears to my eyes to read of your leaving. I wish you happiness and light in your future endeavors. FlyerTalk means so much to me and it is hard to explain to non-FTers why. Thank you for providing such a great experience for all of us over the years. It is hard to imagine FT without you.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:03 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Randy, the Thank yous are all for you in giving us FlyerTalk! It's hard right now to imagine FT without your guidance but I do respect your desire for change and moving on. May the wonder and joy of travel always be yours.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 7:08 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Randy - thank you for everything you have done for FlyerTalk and for me personally. I appreciate it more than you know and you will be sorely missed!
Old Nov 8, 2010, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you for everything, Randy. Truly amazing what you've done with your dream - very inspirational!
Old Nov 8, 2010, 7:56 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
Randy,
Thank you for creating this site, this community. I lurked here for years before my first post, now I spend more time here that anywhere else in cyberspace. I hope to express my gratitude in person one day.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 3:56 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Thank you for everything you've done for me and the other members of the FT community.

Other than wishing to convey my thanks for all that you've done to enrich our lives, this development has left me at a loss for words.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 6:07 am

Programs: EY-Gold LH-SEN AA-Gold HHonors-Gold National-ES
Thanks Randy!
Old Nov 9, 2010, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Thumbs up

Vielen Dank für alles!
Old Nov 9, 2010, 8:15 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG PtA
May lady luck smile upon you ever so more

Randy,

thank you for creating this place that has offered so much to so many people and grown into such a wonderful community over the years.

I wish you best of luck in all your new endeavours beyond FT, and do hope to see you at the dhammer53's last BRT next year, you know he deserves the honour of your presence.

Thank you for all you have knowingly or unknowingly done for FT'ers alike.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 9:47 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Thank you Randy, for creating Flyertalk, and all the best for your future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.