StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2010, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Just paid for the charter. WHen and how are we being billed for the TATL group flights from LH, LX, etc?
Old Sep 29, 2010, 7:16 pm

On the TATL - Is the OS one officially dead in the water? Should I be switching that to the LH or LX flight? And if I go LX then I can't go CO on the way to IAH right?

This post is throwing off my posting karma in the PWP to win, but oh well.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 9:19 pm

Programs: *Alliance
Talking

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
18 ^ Paid and looking forward to the Do.
..and then there were 19! Decided to make the ultimate sacrifice and miss Halloween in San Francisco so I could be in NYC on the 31st. Is the rumor true it will be a "Randy Look-alike" costume contest????
Old Sep 29, 2010, 9:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA gold, A3 gold
nevermind
Old Sep 29, 2010, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
I'm all set now

Last edited by Renard; Sep 29, 2010 at 9:59 pm
Old Sep 29, 2010, 11:17 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by hughw
Just paid for the charter. WHen and how are we being billed for the TATL group flights from LH, LX, etc?
We actually need to get ticketing to complete for the group booking by October 3, So I will contact you today to check the reservation and send your CC data to LH so they can issue the ticket.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 11:57 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Fixed the 20$ paypal fee entry, again, it must be the sleep deprivation. All people paying from now on will charged correctly. Five lucky souls got a early payment bonus
I confess, I am one of the lucky souls
Old Sep 30, 2010, 2:08 am

edit:

got the 3rd email, updated the data on lh site, looks good.

Only, I really do not want to email you the thing you requested by email.

There's got to be a more secure way to do that, Oliver. email is not secure. one possibility is to use a virtual account number, but it might not work on the other end, and it's still not secure to send it by email.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Sep 30, 2010 at 3:52 am
Old Sep 30, 2010, 2:45 am

Programs: M&M Sen, SPG Gold
Can return flight leg booked on group fare be rebooked?

I'm currently considering extending my stay out West post the event as I might be able to secure some business meetings. I do not know the exact schedule yet, however. As you indicated that the group fare needs to be ticketed by Oct 3, will I be able to change my return flight leg once the tickets have been issued? If yes, under what conditions? Thanks for clarifying that prior to ticketing!

Last edited by chrisflyer; Sep 30, 2010 at 2:52 am
Old Sep 30, 2010, 5:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Only, I really do not want to email you the thing you requested by email.

There's got to be a more secure way to do that, Oliver. email is not secure. one possibility is to use a virtual account number, but it might not work on the other end, and it's still not secure to send it by email.
No problem, contact LH Groups Sales via email and set up a time you can call them to verbally send them the data.

Originally Posted by chrisflyer
I'm currently considering extending my stay out West post the event as I might be able to secure some business meetings. I do not know the exact schedule yet, however. As you indicated that the group fare needs to be ticketed by Oct 3, will I be able to change my return flight leg once the tickets have been issued? If yes, under what conditions? Thanks for clarifying that prior to ticketing!
Last year we allowed changes and they were very time consuming. Changes may be allowed this year, I have to check, but there has to be availability and there will be a 300$ change fee charged by LH.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 5:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExecPlat
Can anyone confirm that the only option if we are flying Y for FRA-IAH is LH? Or is CO still an option? If either are possible, are there any restrictions such as having to fly JFK-FRA on LH/CO in order to get the fare? I'm leaning towards flying SQ for JFK-FRA and am trying to figure out my options for FRA-IAH.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 6:06 am
Original Poster

for CO on FRA-IAH we only have C (Z) space available, no Y. You have to book a roundtrip, no one way possible under the group fare.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 6:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExecPlat
for CO on FRA-IAH we only have C (Z) space available, no Y. You have to book a roundtrip, no one way possible under the group fare.
So just to confirm, LH on FRA-IAH in Y as a one way is not an option either without flying LH for JFK-FRA? Is that correct?
Old Sep 30, 2010, 6:10 am

Oh well, that settles it. I'll have to fly FRA-IAH on LH then.

I assume booking the LH fare one-way for FRA-IAH is alright? If not, then I might be hosed....
Old Sep 30, 2010, 6:21 am

Programs: SAS EB Diamond, CC Concierge, Hyatt Diamond
I have updated the info for both me and haakonks_p01 now.

In our case this means that we are no longer using the TATL group fare. We have booked the TATL tickets with award points etc.
What do we do with the mail about "group booking for ticketing and enter the SFPD data" we recived today?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.