Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radisson Paper Valley Hotel - Appleton Wisconsin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2012, 5:38 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond

Have a stay coming up this weekend, anyone stay at this property?

I did call to see if parking was free, hotel answered that there is no hotel parking lot, parking is on the street or in the parking garages (ramps) next to property for $2 overnight.

Radisson Paper Valley Hotel
333 W. College Avenue
Appleton WI 54911
Old Oct 25, 2012, 8:20 pm

I have a son in college in Appleton and have stayed at several places there, but not the Radisson. I look forward to any report on your stay. My recollection is that parking overnight on the street is not permitted, so be sure you check before you leave a vehicle on a side street. The hotel is in the center of town, so you won't be far away from whatever takes you to Appleton.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xooz
My recollection is that parking overnight on the street is not permitted, so be sure you check before you leave a vehicle on a side street.
will do, as we are arriving very late in the eve, would stink to wake up to a ticketed or towed car.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:15 pm

Yes, I would use the garage Inexpensive and would Keep the car from frosting over etc...
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:25 pm

Programs: SK EB*G
Stayed at the property once last fall. Thought it was quite good, while not very recently refurbished nor a luxury hotel we found out room very clean and properly maintained. The pool area looked pretty impressive for a hotel pool, but I never got to use it. The location is, as said, walking distance from most of the stuff in Appleton (not that there is that much) - the parking in the garage across the road worked well, space never seemed to be an issue.

Did not try breakfast or dining at the properties, can't speak for that.

As for other restaurants nearby, there was a brewpub reasonably close (borderline walking distance depending on your preferences, I guess) that had a nice selection of beer I got wasted trying to taste my way through... Stone Cellar, I think. They also had great sandwiches in a caf catering to students somewhere down the main road (same side as the garage) - I can't remember the name of that one, though.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 1:57 pm

Hi there -

I'm from Appleton, and have stayed at the Paper Valley hotel many times. Definitely one of the nicer properties in the area, great restaurants nearby, lots to do in the downtown area. I would park in the garage - it is cheap and will ensure you do not get towed. The hotel could use a bit of updating - but nothing that would ruin a stay. Whenever NFL teams come to town to play the Packers, they stay at the Radisson and bus up to Green Bay. My recommendation - stay for the brunch if you can.

Hope that helps!
Old Oct 28, 2012, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

appreciate the input all.^

for $2, garage is for sure the way to go, I'm sure someone will be able to save the $2 by finding a spot on the street/elsewhere but upon our arrival at 11pm, I wasn't up for the challenge.

Pool did look nice, sadly did not get to use.

No recognition of club carlson status (my whopping gold status) at checkin. Not that I expect a party but a simple, "I see you are a gold member w/Club Carlson, thanks for your business" type statement is something I expect from companies I do repeated business with.

Anyone else hear the trains? ~4:30AM & 5:30AM I heard fairly clear two different frieght trains, one most have been going quite slow so was blowing it's horn repeatedly (I stopped counting at 25 blasts). I don't think there are RR tracks next to the property but they certainly were close enough that it woke me up (I'm not a light sleeper).

Bed was just ok for comfort, pillows (although 4) were just not comfortable to me, could not find a 'good one' and I don't think I'm that picky.

Wall heat/ac unit thermostadt is quite clicky, air is audible but not overly loud.

There was a single bottle of water in the room.

We left by 7am so didn't get to try breakfast.

Lobby is fine but hallways/rooms could use some updating.

Overall I was ok with the stay and if I had a need in the area I would consider the property again.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 5:15 pm

My son said the train noise is a regular visitor to his dorm room... and roughly the same times you mentioned. He agreed that they for some reason are required to blow their horn at EVERY crossing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.