Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West - CLE Ohio

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2012, 6:16 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond

Have a stay coming up at this property.

Any stay reviews, restaurants nearby?

Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West
25070 Country Club Boulevard
Olmsted, OH 44070
(440) 734-5060
Old May 31, 2012, 10:47 pm

better than expected

I stayed there on Christmas day last year to take advantage of round one of the Big Night Giveaway. I was upgraded to a suite just for being a member of Club Carlson awards program (non-status), although I suppose it was a bit slow that night. Suite was a bit dated but absolutely obliterated my expectations; it had a balcony, fridge, and it seemed clean.

Lots of mid-range mall type restaurants nearby (e.g. Maggiano's-type, sports-bar-type + fast food), and an all night Greek diner that we found if you go up to Lorain Ave then head east a bit.

But yeah completely shattered my expectations; try to get an upgrade!
Old Jun 1, 2012, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by concuss
But yeah completely shattered my expectations; try to get an upgrade!
Welcome to Flyertalk concuss & thanks for the feedback, I will try for upgrade.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 5:16 am

Stayed there recently for a night. Don't know when you're going but they are undergoing a major renovation in the lobby/ground floor area and you have to use the back entrance. The reception is also a temporary one, and the restaurant is relocated.

When I arrived around 4pm they tried to put me on the 1st floor which I refused, so they put me on the 6th floor after checking for quite some time with housekeeping. When I went upstairs housekeeping people were just chatting. Sleep Number bed did not work.

I am a Club Carlson member, but it was not acknowledged.

I don't know, I just felt that the staff didn't care much (although they would repeat the usual "was your stay alright" and that kind of stuff), also, I found it overpriced for what it is. YMMV, of course.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aleph08
Stayed there recently for a night. Don't know when you're going but they are undergoing a major renovation in the lobby/ground floor area and you have to use the back entrance. The reception is also a temporary one, and the restaurant is relocated.
Thanks for the heads up on the construction, it is still going on and the Temporary Entrance is clearly marked, on the awning, so my guess is this contruction will be going on for awhile if they changed an awning.

as a result of the construction there is a spin the wheel set up at registration, one can win 500, 1000, or 2000 Club carlson points, or a free breakfast. I won 500, better than a sharp stick in the eye

I was upgraded to a 6th floor room which I don't know exactly what the upgrade was so I asked, registration desk said that I was upgraded to a renovated room. There was a bottle of water in the room.

I was quite pleased with my room, linens & beds were of high quality, I'm a sleep number bed fan (have one at home), my bed worked fine. Carpet was clean. There was minimal noise despite being on a very busy street & across from a mall.

Bathroom was so-so, Speakman showerhead, decent enough soap/shampoo.
Towels were of very good quality & there were a lot of them!

I did not eat in the hotel restaurant, there is a Red Robin restaurant next door to the hotel and one is in the middle of chain hell, so I'm sure one can find most chain places.

Personally for dinner, I chose to have a delightful drive south on Valley Parkway which is a BEAUTIFUL drive through a metro park, most of the road hugs along a river/stream. So nice & peaceful. My eventual stop was 20 minutes away, call B Spot which is a chef Michael Symon burger joint. I did have a very good burger there, beer selection is quite nice and varied. www.bspotburgers.com

Property has free parking

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Jun 5, 2012 at 3:23 pm
Old Jun 5, 2012, 4:28 pm

Glad you had a nice stay.

Yes I noticed the wheel but despite my waiting time because they had to find a cleaned room at 5pm, they didn't offer me to turn it. So there. As I wrote, YMMV, and it may depend on the person who was in charge of check-in.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aleph08
Yes I noticed the wheel but despite my waiting time because they had to find a cleaned room at 5pm, they didn't offer me to turn it. So there....
oh, the registration person didn't offer me the wheel either. I knew it had to be something with checkin so asked, "what's with the wheel?" and then came the response that due to construction, folks get a spin.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 2:11 pm
wcj

Stayed for a one day trip to the metro park. Rooms were decent, but construction detracted from the hotel more than I was anticipating -- not so much aesthetics but amenities. Had the neice in tow. I prepared her for lack of pool, but I didn't notice the lack of hair dryers, which is big for 13 yo girl with wet hair. Im not sure that I've ever seen a hotel without a hair dryer. Buffet did not look promising, so passed. Wasn't overly impressed with staff, but overall an okay stay.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 1:13 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 9/20 - 9/21

Location: The hotel is located a little northwest of CLE across from the Great Northern Mall. It's about a 10 minute drive to the CLE Rental Car Center and about that to CLE itself. Downtown Cleveland is 20 minutes away and the hotel's position next to I-480 makes driving around here pretty easy. Also it's proximity to the mall means there are plenty of places to eat and drink and even a movie theater in walking distance of the mall.

Hotel: The hotel is old and aging poorly. It has a large parking lot at least and then a shabby lobby with a small bar and restaurant in it. There's a lot of meeting and event space on the ground floor. There are two elevators but they run extremely slowly.

Check In: Handled by a nice agent who got me in my room quickly which I certainly appreciate at night.

Room: Large at least but like the rest of the hotel, pretty shabby. The bed was comfortable and there were outlets next to it as well as a desk, couch, coffee table (nice to have the waters a Radisson Rewards member is supposed to get on it), a bathroom with an older style shower and decent sized TV. Sound proofing is not very good.

This hotel is one of the cheaper options for CLE which is why I ended up here. For a quick overnight, especially at $85, it's good, just don't expect too much luxury
Old Sep 24, 2018, 12:59 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Since someone mentioned this hotel, let me recommend the best Mexican restaurant nearby in North Olmsted, OH. (in fact the best in the region).

https://nuevoacapulco.com/

This is a must go if you're staying near CLE, especially near Radisson Hotel. Go north and along Lorraine Rd for 3 miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.