FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West - CLE Ohio
Old Jun 5, 2012, 2:33 pm
Sweet Willie
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aleph08
Stayed there recently for a night. Don't know when you're going but they are undergoing a major renovation in the lobby/ground floor area and you have to use the back entrance. The reception is also a temporary one, and the restaurant is relocated.
Thanks for the heads up on the construction, it is still going on and the Temporary Entrance is clearly marked, on the awning, so my guess is this contruction will be going on for awhile if they changed an awning.

as a result of the construction there is a spin the wheel set up at registration, one can win 500, 1000, or 2000 Club carlson points, or a free breakfast. I won 500, better than a sharp stick in the eye

I was upgraded to a 6th floor room which I don't know exactly what the upgrade was so I asked, registration desk said that I was upgraded to a renovated room. There was a bottle of water in the room.

I was quite pleased with my room, linens & beds were of high quality, I'm a sleep number bed fan (have one at home), my bed worked fine. Carpet was clean. There was minimal noise despite being on a very busy street & across from a mall.

Bathroom was so-so, Speakman showerhead, decent enough soap/shampoo.
Towels were of very good quality & there were a lot of them!

I did not eat in the hotel restaurant, there is a Red Robin restaurant next door to the hotel and one is in the middle of chain hell, so I'm sure one can find most chain places.

Personally for dinner, I chose to have a delightful drive south on Valley Parkway which is a BEAUTIFUL drive through a metro park, most of the road hugs along a river/stream. So nice & peaceful. My eventual stop was 20 minutes away, call B Spot which is a chef Michael Symon burger joint. I did have a very good burger there, beer selection is quite nice and varied. www.bspotburgers.com

Property has free parking

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Jun 5, 2012 at 3:23 pm