Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Double Cash MasterCard unlimited 1% + 1%

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Double Cash MasterCard unlimited 1% + 1%

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by trikotret
I haven't called in yet. I don't have my card with me. It's at home. I hardly use it lol

Update us when you successfully receive confirmation that you will be converted
Old Aug 29, 2014, 4:58 pm
Suspended

This card looks very interesting. However, I'm not looking for a HP right now and the only Citi card I have is a grandfathered 5x TYP Forward. No way I'm PCing that thing.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 12:21 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Im confused about this part of the t&c:
Cash Back on Payments: You will also earn 1% cash back on payments you make that appear on your current month's billing statement as long as the amount paid is at least the Minimum Payment Due that is printed on your billing statement and there is a balance in the Purchase Tracker. The balance in the Purchase Tracker is reduced by eligible payments you make. When the Purchase Tracker reaches $0, you won't earn cash back on payments until more eligible purchases are made.

Are you expected to carry a balance to get the additional 1%?
Old Aug 30, 2014, 12:23 pm

You can either pay off in full each month or carry a balance. Either way you earn the 1%.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Sweet. This is the perfect "We dont accept Amex" partner.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 12:30 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by cardtracker
You can either pay off in full each month or carry a balance. Either way you earn the 1%.
If you carry a balance then you are doing something wrong.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
If you carry a balance then you are doing something wrong.
While I generally agree, this isn't a hard and fast rule.

With this card:

0% Intro APR on purchases & balance transfers for 15 months
So if you can invest it decently, or if you just want more cash for MS floating, this could be a time to carry a balance.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Talking

Originally Posted by josephstern
While I generally agree, this isn't a hard and fast rule.

With this card:

So if you can invest it decently, or if you just want more cash for MS floating, this could be a time to carry a balance.
While technically yes, this would set a bad example, especially with all the noobs and college students around. I for one, swore that I wasn't going to use my MS knowledge for purposes of skipping payments or otherwise acquiring debt by floating what I didn't feel like paying by the due date. This is a perfect example of why self control is vital when MSING
Old Aug 30, 2014, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Agreed - not for noobs.

But a lot of people made pretty decent money years ago when deposit accounts had a feature called "interest" with this method.

I've been too risk-averse in the past, but I'd do it now, if it was worthwhile.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 3:02 pm

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Originally Posted by josephstern
Don't forget
Balance transfer fee – either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer
This game was MUCH more lucrative when they had smaller transfer fees.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So don't do it as a transfer. Buy GCs at 1%, get 2% cashback, and go to WM to get MOs for 70 basis points. Save balance transfer fees and make almost 1%.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by nrdk
Interesting.

No mention of network affiliation (Visa/MC), and no mention of Chip type (Sig vs Pin).
It's most likely chip and signature like all of Citi's (and the other US banks, for that matter) cards.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I was about to apply then noticed the 3% foreign transaction fee. No thanks. Too bad that, would've leapfrogged into my primary International card and been my backup domestic card behind Starwood Amex. So close Citi... but no cigar.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I was about to apply then noticed the 3% foreign transaction fee. No thanks. Too bad that, would've leapfrogged into my primary International card and been my backup domestic card behind Starwood Amex. So close Citi... but no cigar.
Agreed it is disappointing but it isn't a surprise, Citi loves FTFs...
Old Sep 1, 2014, 2:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Sarfa33
Besides it being the ugliest card in the history of the universe , any thoughts?

-S
That was my first thought too. Do they actually pay people to design these cards? It would be almost embarrassing to use. It's o.k. for internet transactions, but arff, arff, that card is a dog.
Originally Posted by trumpet205
Doesn't say what network it is on.
I can hardly wait to see people post pictures when it arrives. Is this going to be another card with the MC logo on the back? Not that this is the only thing that makes it ugly...

Originally Posted by roki
How to have unprofitable products they later discontinue/gut?

Secured Card 5% CD Rate
Forward 5x
Thank You 5x
Thank You Premier / Prestige Flight Points & Companion Pass
Banking TY points
LOL! Don't forget Citi Cashreturns, unlimited 5% cash back for the first 90 days. Judging from the forums, Citi had lots of people who signed up, put a new car, or their entire wedding on the card, then canceled. Did not last long

Originally Posted by rgAAFT
Do we know for certain yet if the points will be redeemable at .01 cent per point and not more/less?
Read the application. These are not points, this is cash back. Fine print says redeemable as a check sent or a statement credit. So yeah, Citi will give the full penny in value.

Originally Posted by alexlar2007
When converting Citi Dividend card to Citi Double Cash Card, I wonder if accumulated cash back balance is preserved and transferred.
Even if the CSR said it would, I would not take the chance. If the CSR is wrong, then you'd be SOL. I'll redeem all my cash back on my current Citi MC before I PC to this new one.

Last edited by jn in ca; Sep 1, 2014 at 2:39 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.