FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi Double Cash MasterCard unlimited 1% + 1% (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1606843-citi-double-cash-mastercard-unlimited-1-1-a.html)

Sarfa33 Aug 28, 2014 12:04 pm

Citi Double Cash MasterCard unlimited 1% + 1%

I just saw this card for the first time. It's still not on the Citicards site, so it must be brand new. Posting here in case anyone is interested.
2% unlimited cash back with no annual fee. I found this link through an affiliate site, but I've removed the affiliate code from the link.

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...al/default.htm

Besides it being the ugliest card in the history of the universe :p , any thoughts?

-S

anks329 Aug 28, 2014 12:09 pm

Looks like an awesome complement/replacement for the Fidelity 2% Amex for the places that don't take Amex.

nrdk Aug 28, 2014 12:10 pm

Interesting.

No mention of network affiliation (Visa/MC), and no mention of Chip type (Sig vs Pin).

trumpet205 Aug 28, 2014 12:29 pm

Doesn't say what network it is on. Redemption threshold starts at $25, much lower than Dividend and Fidelity AMEX ($50).

I already have Fidelity AMEX so this doesn't make me want to have the card, unless there is more perks about this card.

jjmiller69 Aug 28, 2014 12:34 pm

Nice find this will fill the gaps for a lot of people. WTG

abbazappaplant Aug 28, 2014 12:55 pm

delete

x712xdamx Aug 28, 2014 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by anks329 (Post 23439119)
Looks like an awesome complement/replacement for the Fidelity 2% Amex for the places that don't take Amex.

Exactly... Great find OP!!

trikotret Aug 28, 2014 1:22 pm

Citi 2% Unlimited Cash Back Card

this can replace the Barclaycard for people who don't travel often

snackboxes Aug 28, 2014 1:44 pm

Looks interesting... To me it would definitely replace Fidelity 2% and Arrival+.

Pecan Pie Aug 28, 2014 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by snackboxes (Post 23439668)
Looks interesting... To me it would definitely replace Fidelity 2% and Arrival+.

looks like my arrival+ is not going to be renewed after the first year..
has anyone actually tried to apply for this card?

silver6054 Aug 28, 2014 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Pecan Pie (Post 23439991)
looks like my arrival+ is not going to be renewed after the first year..
has anyone actually tried to apply for this card?

A few people on myfico have (by apping today). Apparently PCs aren't possible till later in Sep.

roki Aug 28, 2014 3:13 pm

Wonder if they'll have a signup offer for it? I'm planning to get the Arrival, but it may get canceled in month 11 in exchange for this puppy. Already have 5 Citi cards, though...if there is no signup offer, I might PC my Premier to it (since I have the Prestige).

trikotret Aug 28, 2014 3:27 pm

Citi 2% Unlimited Cash Back Card

so citi will transfer products. I have a premier

VizeL Aug 28, 2014 3:31 pm

Damn, this does seem to beat out the arrival in a couple areas...

Contemplating getting it now -- any downsides anyone can think of? (except Citi aspect)

roki Aug 28, 2014 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by VizeL (Post 23440253)
Damn, this does seem to beat out the arrival in a couple areas...

Contemplating getting it now -- any downsides anyone can think of? (except Citi aspect)

Arrival wins for year one (obviously with the signup). After that, the additional 0.2% from the Arrival would only offset the annual fee from the arrival if you spent >$44,500/year.

Arrival wins with no FTFs, Chip+Pin (I think?). Also, the Arrival is a WEMC, and no one knows what this card is yet.

But, most people have no FTF cards, and plenty of WEMCs. From a numbers game, this card wins from year 2 onward infinitum.