Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)

Subscribe
Anybody got second approval for business card in last few weeks?
Quote: Just applied for the business card for wife and was immediately denied. Called the automated recon line and the reason was "Too few satisfactory accounts." She recently emigrated to the US so she only has a credit history of 1 year and some months. She is an authorized user on my United ME card and has her own Amex Rewards Gold card, but that is it.

Called a live person and they said I needed to fax/mail her equifax report to the correspondence department. Before I do that, my question, is should I just try and call again, and keep repeating until someone approves her application or will I need to get her free Credit Report from Equifax, mail it, and then call again to see if they approve?

First post on flyertalk, please let me know if this is not the right place for this question.

Thanks much!
Welcome to Flyertalk! You may find more helpful info on other sites with more threads dedicated to building a credit history from scratch such as creditboards.com, as well as in this and other threads on building credit: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...edit-card.html . I suggest getting a lower-tier card such as the Chase Freedom as it sounds like she doesn't actually have a credit card of her own, then trying for a Citi personal card after 6 months or so of (small) use on the Freedom.
Quote: Welcome to Flyertalk! You may find more helpful info on other sites with more threads dedicated to building a credit history from scratch such as creditboards.com, as well as in this and other threads on building credit: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...edit-card.html . I suggest getting a lower-tier card such as the Chase Freedom as it sounds like she doesn't actually have a credit card of her own, then trying for a Citi personal card after 6 months or so of (small) use on the Freedom.
Hi KennyBSAT - thank you for the kind welcome! She does have her own Amex Gold card- or does that nor count as a credit card since it is a charge card?

Is there a way to get approved for this card without waiting? I was hoping to do that with points accumulating cards vs regular ones. I will get her the freedom, of course, for the long run. She will also get an auto loan very soon. Was hoping to not waste a hard pull.

Thanks for the advise.
I opened a Citi AA Business card on Sept 15th, 2013. I received the 50,000 miles and closed the card on November 10th. Although I have been following this site for the last 5 months or so, I am not sure if I should apply for a new business card.
can anyone help?

Thanks
Quote: I opened a Citi AA Business card on Sept 15th, 2013. I received the 50,000 miles and closed the card on November 10th. Although I have been following this site for the last 5 months or so, I am not sure if I should apply for a new business card.
can anyone help?

Thanks
Following for 5 months and still not sure?

From the wiki right up top:

"Business AA cards: have been churnable repeatedly without restriction other than the general Citi application rules. Apply once every 91-95 days. Some people have had problems if both the business account (16 digits) and the individual card accounts (16 digits each) are not closed first. Other people have been unable to churn these at all."

It's been long enough, so you are good to reapply. Just be aware that you may do everything right, and still not get approved, and no one, including Citi CSRs, will be able to tell you why. The CSRs may give you a "reason", but not likely the correct one.

Then again, you may get an easy approval.

Best of Luck...
There have been recent reports of the AA business no longer being churnable. Some say they were told the same business and others the same EIN. Go back to ~ page 242 and read forward

Quote:
The lady confirmed that the new policy was only one business card with the same tax ID every 18 months. She said they had to do what AA told them since AA was giving the points. He asked for special consideration and was told no, that Citi has to do what AA tells them, that no one can vary from policy. Only one bonus every 18 months. She said he can apply again in April after he's been Citi business card free for 18 months.

This is the first time I have ever heard a Citi rep stae that these are the terms.
I have applied for Citi AA Personal Visa, AmEx and Business Visa cards in 2011 and got 225,000 miles. I have cancelled the Business and Personal Visa cards in 2012. I am keeping the AmEx card and the annual fee was waived every year for this card. I applied for the Platinum Personal Mastercard yesterday with link #4 provided at the beginning of this thread and was immediately approved. Can I apply for the Platinum Personal Visa and the Business Mastercard soon?
Quote: I have applied for Citi AA Personal Visa, AmEx and Business Visa cards in 2011 and got 225,000 miles. I have cancelled the Business and Personal Visa cards in 2012. I am keeping the AmEx card and the annual fee was waived every year for this card. I applied for the Platinum Personal Mastercard yesterday with link #4 provided at the beginning of this thread and was immediately approved. Can I apply for the Platinum Personal Visa and the Business Mastercard soon?
From FAQ #1 of the wiki: Note: You cannot circumvent this rule by applying for a card type different from your previous Citi AA card. If your last personal AA card was a Visa, the waiting period for your next personal AA card will be the same regardless of whether you apply for a Visa, MC, or Amex.

No on the personal (until 12-26 months after your last approval under the current rules, unless you get a targeted offer) and maybe on the business. I would say it's worth a shot for the business given the timeline, but YMMV with Citi business apps.
edited
I just clicked the 50k personal Visa link, and it appears to be dead. Is there another?
Quote: Anybody got second approval for business card in last few weeks?
I got it within last 2 weeks. My previous one was in late 2012. I believe I literally got it before they closed the loophole. Good luck!
Quote: I think the problem is not meeting the spend but the fact that if you spend $1000 a mth which is also the credit limit means you are max out the credit line which is not recommended.
biz credit utilizations are not reported so no big harm...
app denied
I got this in the email,
Unfortunately, we can't approve your application
Thanks for your interest in the CitiBusiness(R) / AAdvantage(R)
World account. We reviewed your application and can't
approve it because:

o This specific offer is valid only for first-time
CitiBusiness/AAdvantage1 cardmembers. Our records
indicate that you previously had a CitiBusiness/AAdvantage1
account with us.
Quote: I got this in the email,
Unfortunately, we can't approve your application
Thanks for your interest in the CitiBusiness(R) / AAdvantage(R)
World account. We reviewed your application and can't
approve it because:

o This specific offer is valid only for first-time
CitiBusiness/AAdvantage1 cardmembers. Our records
indicate that you previously had a CitiBusiness/AAdvantage1
account with us.
I find it interesting that they denied the whole app becasue you had the card in the past, I have heard people getting the card, but not the points. I would call the Recon line and find out the real truth.
Quote: I find it interesting that they denied the whole app becasue you had the card in the past, I have heard people getting the card, but not the points. I would call the Recon line and find out the real truth.
?? Unlike Chase and AMEX, I'm not aware of a reported case of Citi giving a card and then not the bonus.