FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Dec 30, 2013, 8:44 pm
KennyBSAT

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by johnsamy
I have applied for Citi AA Personal Visa, AmEx and Business Visa cards in 2011 and got 225,000 miles. I have cancelled the Business and Personal Visa cards in 2012. I am keeping the AmEx card and the annual fee was waived every year for this card. I applied for the Platinum Personal Mastercard yesterday with link #4 provided at the beginning of this thread and was immediately approved. Can I apply for the Platinum Personal Visa and the Business Mastercard soon?
From FAQ #1 of the wiki: Note: You cannot circumvent this rule by applying for a card type different from your previous Citi AA card. If your last personal AA card was a Visa, the waiting period for your next personal AA card will be the same regardless of whether you apply for a Visa, MC, or Amex.

No on the personal (until 12-26 months after your last approval under the current rules, unless you get a targeted offer) and maybe on the business. I would say it's worth a shot for the business given the timeline, but YMMV with Citi business apps.