Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Best Rate Guarantee is offering free room again!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Best Rate Guarantee is offering free room again!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by robertwcook16
I have done 3 so far and if I file the claim in the evening, I usually hear from them via email before 11:30am the next day. I think they are based in Phoenix so there is a time delay.
Great, thanks! I filed them this morning CET, so I guess they are probably still sleeping. I guess I might hear from them by tomorrow morning CET.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got my first BRG approved

I filed a claim this morning and just now I got a confirmation e-mail:

This program has been designed to allow you, our valued guest, to receive the best possible online rates at over 5,000 Choice Hotels International properties worldwide. We have located the published rate that was submitted on your claim form and are pleased to let you know that your reservation confirmation number xxxxxxx at the Comfort Inn xxxxx CA for arrival on xx/xx/xx for 1 night, has been changed to reflect a free night for your stay.

Please print a copy of this confirmation letter and bring it with you to the hotel.

Any changes made to the reservation may void this rate.

If you have additional questions, please see our Terms and Conditions page.

We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and look forward to doing so in the future.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:05 am

They have been very easy to deal with so far. I have had 3 approved in the past 4 days for a NYC trip in April. The last one that was approved this morning had a little snafu as they added on another day to my reservation on the paid side. I just called their customer service and they readjusted it. So far this is a GREAT BRG !!!!!! Thanks Choice Hotels...
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The only draw back of this BRG is that you need to find a comparison site that shows the same currency. I didn't realise and got rejected for 1 of my claims.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nacho
The only draw back of this BRG is that you need to find a comparison site that shows the same currency. I didn't realise and got rejected for 1 of my claims.
The only drawback? So you can confirm that you get points for your free BRG stay?

A BRG policy which said "your stay is reduced to $1 per night" would earn 1 points, enough for "stay 2 earn 8000" promos. But the BRG policy is that you don't have to pay for your night at all, so how does it work with points and most imporantly "stay X earn NNNN" promos? (That's been asked before in this thread but so far I dont remember seeing an answer.)
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
The only drawback? So you can confirm that you get points for your free BRG stay?
Aren't you a bit greedy? I don't mind paying $1, if this is all I have to pay then I can live without the points. I think that $1 is just a way not to crash the system. When I got my IHG BRG approved for IC SIN, the rate was reduced to $0.01.

I think you should ask Choice directly about this, and please do let us know the outcome.

Now that I have tried filing several claims for hotels in Europe, they take the currency thing really strictly, worse than IHG. All my claims are denied based on either they couldn't find the rate or it's the 'wrong' currency (even though I told them to pick the right currency as I did with IHG or Marriott). Anyone with any luck getting a BRG approved outside the US?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:44 pm

I am seeing two Choice rates for a room, Best Available (65euro) Advance purchase (fully prepaid and non refundable) (58euro). Does that mean I would have to find a 3rd party offer of less than 57euro, or am I forced to compare the Advance purchase price?

Thanks
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by jbminger
I am seeing two Choice rates for a room, Best Available (65euro) Advance purchase (fully prepaid and non refundable) (58euro). Does that mean I would have to find a 3rd party offer of less than 57euro, or am I forced to compare the Advance purchase price?

Thanks

You would base it on the Best Available rate as the advance purchase requires a Choice Returns membership. All 3 of the claims that I had approved have been the Best Available rate and were totally cancellable reservations. Also, The first day of the reservation is adjusted to 0.00 while the rest of the reservation is adjusted to the lower daily rate found on another site and made into another separate reservation with a separate confirmation number.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
Can you provide more detail on the basis of your rejection?

At the bottom of the Choice hotels search you can change the currency to whatever currency you want, so I am not sure that I fully understand this aspect of the T&Cs.

If I search for a hotel in paris, it originally displays the price in euro, but I can then select USD at the bottom of the page. Any clarification would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Old Mar 8, 2012, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you for your interest in participating in our Best Internet Rate Guarantee program.

Here's the rejection mail I got from choice:

The competing website information you submitted is not for the same currency as your reservation at www.choicehotels.com or one of our brand websites. Please know that we are bound by our terms and conditions and your submission did not meet the requirements. We are therefore unable to process your submission.

If you do find lower rates at this hotel on a competing website for the room type(s) that are guaranteed, that you reserved at a Choice Hotels International affiliated website, within the 24-hour time frame, please resubmit your claim form.

If you have additional questions please see our terms & conditions page.

Thank You
Even though the competing site can display the same currency as the hotel.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 1:01 pm

Programs: Southwest A+ & CP, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Choice Gold, UA, US Air, Hertz, National
Originally Posted by sdsearch

A BRG policy which said "your stay is reduced to $1 per night" would earn 1 points, enough for "stay 2 earn 8000" promos. But the BRG policy is that you don't have to pay for your night at all, so how does it work with points and most imporantly "stay X earn NNNN" promos? (That's been asked before in this thread but so far I dont remember seeing an answer.)
I got a BRG confirmation email. Price is $0.00 plus $0.00 in tax, and the email says the rate is not eligible to earn airmiles. Therefore I highly doubt the free rooms will quality for the "stay 2 earn 8000" promo.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pavemental
I got a BRG confirmation email. Price is $0.00 plus $0.00 in tax, and the email says the rate is not eligible to earn airmiles. Therefore I highly doubt the free rooms will quality for the "stay 2 earn 8000" promo.

Mine 3 claims are all $1, and none of the e-mails or confirmation state anything about not eligible for anything.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:59 pm

Narrowing the rules

For the first week or so of the new Choice BRG offer, they accepted claims where the Choice Refundable rate was higher than the competing website, but the Choice non-refundable rate (which requires Choice Privliges membership was not). I had a number of these approved.

NOT ANY MORE

Instead, they are moving to a model more closely resembling the IHG model. If IHG has a non-refundable rate that is lower (and in most cases it does) the claim is rejected.

All good things have to START COMMING TO AN END. My next prediction: they will limit the number of approved claims that you can have in any given month (much like that Wyndham BRG did).
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I also notice from this morning that choice has put in a price that is slightly higher than their members only price but lower than the 3rd party site. It was more difficult to find lower price - well well well they can't keep giving out free nights.

Also the currency thing makes you not able to BRG properties easily in Scandinavia.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
Originally Posted by LegalEagle
For the first week or so of the new Choice BRG offer, they accepted claims where the Choice Refundable rate was higher than the competing website, but the Choice non-refundable rate (which requires Choice Privliges membership was not). I had a number of these approved.

NOT ANY MORE

Instead, they are moving to a model more closely resembling the IHG model. If IHG has a non-refundable rate that is lower (and in most cases it does) the claim is rejected.

All good things have to START COMMING TO AN END. My next prediction: they will limit the number of approved claims that you can have in any given month (much like that Wyndham BRG did).
if this is true, than the brg is worth nothing. it was fun as long as it lasted. maybe i should have claimed more. ... can anyone else confirm that the lower membership rate does indeed count, now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.