Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Anyone else having problems with a SOS rate?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2016, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM (NW+DL) FI Gold

My college alumni association provided a SOS (Significant Organization Savings) code many years ago for choice hotels, and it has always worked.

My last booking using this code was 4 weeks ago, and it worked fine. I enter the code in the drop down rate box as "special rate/ corp. ID", click confirm, and get 15% off the best available rate.

Now, when I do all the above, and click "confirm" it takes me to the best available rate, not the SOS rate as it did before.

I'm curious if anyone else has encountered a problem with booking a room with a SOS code.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Yes, it seems to be a known problem, I have tweeted about it and have followed up for the last 2 weeks and all they tell me its known and they are still working on it.
mMy college SOS also doesnt work.

its a real shame they cant get this fixed, I dont understand why its taking so long.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 7:26 pm

I'm having the same problem also.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 5:45 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
My SOS rate has morphed into a "Preferred customer savings rate" ( its still the same discount ). This is working for me. Have you checked on whether you can see that rate?
Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:10 am

There is one hotel in my travel loop that seems to not honor any special rates, but only on Friday

I enter my rate code, and the thing say "sorry, that rate is not available"
it will not work for AAA, Senior, govt rate or anything

any other day of the week, I can get a discounted room there, but not on Fridays

can Choice do anything about this?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MiaSkye89
There is one hotel in my travel loop that seems to not honor any special rates, but only on Friday

I enter my rate code, and the thing say "sorry, that rate is not available"
it will not work for AAA, Senior, govt rate or anything

any other day of the week, I can get a discounted room there, but not on Fridays

can Choice do anything about this?
No, because "not honor" is incorrect. "Not honor" would mean it would allow you to book, but when you got to the hotel they would raise you rate, saying the rate you booked wasn't valid. But that's not what you're describing.

Any hotel can limit discounted rates under various circumstances. There is nothing that says every hotel has to provide every discount rate all the time on every room.

Just be glad it's the exception (both which hotel and only 1 night of the week), and not the rule.

I have seen individual hotels in various programs block various discount rates under various circumstances.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 6:11 pm

FYI My SOS rate still doesnt work
Old May 1, 2016, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by miadukes
FYI My SOS rate still doesnt work
Doesn't work in what way? There are multiple steps do it, and I'm not clear on which step it is failing for you.

First, it's not called SOS (by Choice) any more.

The steps:

1. From the rate drop down, select Special Rate/Corp ID.

2. Enter the (formerly) SOS code.

3. They'll tell you the name of the organization the code is associated with ask you to verify.

4. It now says you have an SC15 rate. Do the search.

5. After it draws a results page, it now probably changes to say you have Preferred Saving Rate. But that's really the same as SC15 (which is the same as what SOS used to be).

Btw, some of this, like various things on the website, may not work if your cookies are "stale". So try it in a private/incognito window, and if that helps, then delete all our Choice-related cookies, and from then on it will probably work in a normal tab/window. But some days Choice only works in some browser types and not others, so if all else fails try another browser type.

It's been working for me, often in Firefox, but some days only in Chrome. It wasn't working for me for a while in Firefox (on any day) until I cleared out my Choice-related cookies.
Old May 1, 2016, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Doesn't work in what way? There are multiple steps do it, and I'm not clear on which step it is failing for you.

First, it's not called SOS (by Choice) any more.

The steps:

1. From the rate drop down, select Special Rate/Corp ID.

2. Enter the (formerly) SOS code.

3. They'll tell you the name of the organization the code is associated with ask you to verify.

4. It now says you have an SC15 rate. Do the search.

5. After it draws a results page, it now probably changes to say you have Preferred Saving Rate. But that's really the same as SC15 (which is the same as what SOS used to be).

Btw, some of this, like various things on the website, may not work if your cookies are "stale". So try it in a private/incognito window, and if that helps, then delete all our Choice-related cookies, and from then on it will probably work in a normal tab/window. But some days Choice only works in some browser types and not others, so if all else fails try another browser type.

It's been working for me, often in Firefox, but some days only in Chrome. It wasn't working for me for a while in Firefox (on any day) until I cleared out my Choice-related cookies.
I've been using the rate for a while, I know how it works, and now it doesnt. It doesn't matter what browser, incognito or not.

I put it in I see the name of my organization and then when I hit confirm, it goes back to best available rate. every.single.time.on.every.single.browser.

I already wrote to choice and they know its a problem but its been like 2 months and they stil cant seem to fix it. SO it leaves me wondering if the code no longer works, but then why not just tel me that our code is no longer in use. 2. the organization still has it up as a valid code and it also does show up by name when i plug it in.

so I have been searching using another code from a different organization that yields the same exact discount.

But its been very frustrating.
Old May 6, 2016, 1:51 pm
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

miadukes, we're very sorry for the inconvenience that you've experienced. Could you please send me a private message with information on your special rate so that we can look into this for you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.