FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone else having problems with a SOS rate?
Old May 1, 2016, 11:34 am
miadukes

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Doesn't work in what way? There are multiple steps do it, and I'm not clear on which step it is failing for you.

First, it's not called SOS (by Choice) any more.

The steps:

1. From the rate drop down, select Special Rate/Corp ID.

2. Enter the (formerly) SOS code.

3. They'll tell you the name of the organization the code is associated with ask you to verify.

4. It now says you have an SC15 rate. Do the search.

5. After it draws a results page, it now probably changes to say you have Preferred Saving Rate. But that's really the same as SC15 (which is the same as what SOS used to be).

Btw, some of this, like various things on the website, may not work if your cookies are "stale". So try it in a private/incognito window, and if that helps, then delete all our Choice-related cookies, and from then on it will probably work in a normal tab/window. But some days Choice only works in some browser types and not others, so if all else fails try another browser type.

It's been working for me, often in Firefox, but some days only in Chrome. It wasn't working for me for a while in Firefox (on any day) until I cleared out my Choice-related cookies.
I've been using the rate for a while, I know how it works, and now it doesnt. It doesn't matter what browser, incognito or not.

I put it in I see the name of my organization and then when I hit confirm, it goes back to best available rate. every.single.time.on.every.single.browser.

I already wrote to choice and they know its a problem but its been like 2 months and they stil cant seem to fix it. SO it leaves me wondering if the code no longer works, but then why not just tel me that our code is no longer in use. 2. the organization still has it up as a valid code and it also does show up by name when i plug it in.

so I have been searching using another code from a different organization that yields the same exact discount.

But its been very frustrating.