Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Buy points with extra 50% ending Oct 20, 5pm EST

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:03 am
Original Poster

For just 8 hours, buy up to 50,000 Choice Privileges points and receive a 50% bonus!
Offer valid from 9:00am EST to 5:00pm EST.

The clock is ticking! During this 8-hour flash sale, Choice Privileges members can buy up to 50,000 points and receive 50% more.

Buying points is the quick and easy way to get to your next free night, faster. Or use your points toward gift cards, airline rewards, travel rewards or even more! Whether you're purchasing points to top off your own account, or to give as a gift to friends and family, be sure to buy before time runs out on this bonus!

Points are normally $11/1000 points.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Strange. No email notification of this from Choice or points.com, nothing on the Choice FB page, and no idea of this when I logged into my account or even on the first page you click through to when you want to buy points. Maybe a Twitter only promo? When I clicked through to an actual purchase page, however, the 50% bonus was offered.

Not anywhere as good a deal as Daily Getaways, but $11 for 1500 points is OK if you're a few points short of an award.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:59 pm

Choice Points to SWA for CP?

I would really consider this sale if anyone can confirm that transferring Choice Points to Southwest still count towards Companion Pass. Might be a good idea to buy approximately 18k Choice Points and transfer them over to SWA at the beginning of the year if close to the required 110,000 SW points needed for the CP.

Can anyone confirm if Choice Points transfer over to SWA count towards CP still? Did this a couple years ago successfully, but haven't heard much recently.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:59 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Strange, but while there are standard revenue rate rooms available via choicehotels.com when booking Nordic Choice hotels, the reward nights are coming up as blocked for all the Nordic Choice hotel properties I've tried for stays within even 30 days. Bizarre, and why I am hesitant to jump in on this deal as much as I would otherwise do.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 3:19 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by kohoutc
I would really consider this sale if anyone can confirm that transferring Choice Points to Southwest still count towards Companion Pass. Might be a good idea to buy approximately 18k Choice Points and transfer them over to SWA at the beginning of the year if close to the required 110,000 SW points needed for the CP.

Can anyone confirm if Choice Points transfer over to SWA count towards CP still? Did this a couple years ago successfully, but haven't heard much recently.
This thread, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...thwest-cp.html, certainly updates into the summer of 2014 and given no posts since then, is decent evidence that the option is still available.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: Back to lowly AA Gold (1.8 MM); Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
I understood from this Blog post: http://saverocity.com/thedealmommy/2...-points-bonus/ that the sale would repeat today or tomorrow (Choice's own email was unclear). I don't see Choice listed on Points.com this morning. Would anyone have clearer information?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Biblioman1
I understood from this Blog post: http://saverocity.com/thedealmommy/2...-points-bonus/ that the sale would repeat today or tomorrow (Choice's own email was unclear). I don't see Choice listed on Points.com this morning. Would anyone have clearer information?
I checked around 11 a.m. and saw nothing on the Choice website, even when I clicked through to the point I mentioned in my previous post--just the regular price.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:33 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Strange, but while there are standard revenue rate rooms available via choicehotels.com when booking Nordic Choice hotels, the reward nights are coming up as blocked for all the Nordic Choice hotel properties I've tried for stays within even 30 days. Bizarre, and why I am hesitant to jump in on this deal as much as I would otherwise do.
The Nordic Choice availability went back to normal very quickly. Just weird coincidental timing.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:57 am
Used to be diaworld

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Dontcareist,
Just got an email from points.com saying this is repeating 27th and 29th. These are the same folks who both thought the 23rd was a Wed and not a Thurs and then didn't have a flash sale either day this week, so I'm not holding my breath.

This screams "buggy launch" to me.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 2:23 pm
Used to be diaworld

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Dontcareist,
Originally Posted by The Deal Mommy
Just got an email from points.com saying this is repeating 27th and 29th. These are the same folks who both thought the 23rd was a Wed and not a Thurs and then didn't have a flash sale either day this week, so I'm not holding my breath.

This screams "buggy launch" to me.
OK, I have just spoken with a points.com rep who confirmed my buggy launch theory. They're now going with the 28th and 30th, pending any further crashes.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by The Deal Mommy
OK, I have just spoken with a points.com rep who confirmed my buggy launch theory. They're now going with the 28th and 30th, pending any further crashes.
Looks like you were correct and it's live again

http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/GPBuyPoints
Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:56 am

Programs: Club Carlson Concierge, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Choice Diamond
Just purchased 75k pts. for $550.00, although didnt realize that they would charge HST for Canadian residents, and it is in US$.

Still a good deal as i can find many hotels in Ontario that go for 6000pts per night that would normally charge 100$ or more plus hst. I can get 12 nights for 75K which would have cost 115.00 x 12 = 1,380.00

Pts posted almost immediately to account. It then asked if i wanted to purchase points for a friend. Wondering if i can do so to my wife's account?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
It took 24 hours for the points to post. I wasn't sure how many I really needed but was focused on the waiver of the 20k limit and maxed out. Tokyo and Italy in my future. ^
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:52 am

It's live again until 5PM EST

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.