Wiki Posts
Search

Odd Emails from Choice

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2011, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Odd Emails from Choice

In the last few weeks, I've gotten several emails from Choice that indicate they somehow think that I am a Choice employee. I am a Choice Privileges member, but haven't stayed at a Choice hotel in over 1 year. And I am not and have never been a Choice employee.

Examples are:
Coming Soon - Front Desk Email Collection Incentive
New Front Desk Email Collection Incentive
Does your front desk staff recognize Choice Privileges Elite members?
(Quote from the above: "Our Choice Privileges® Elite guests are an important part of our business and we should recognize their status to show appreciation for their business. The video within the below link demonstrates the best way to treat our Elite members as well as the wrong way.")

I suppose I just need to contact them to tell them to stop sending the emails, but am I wrong to feel a little bit uncomfortable that they've somehow mixed up their customer database (that includes a credit card number) with something else?
Old Jun 24, 2011, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
I'm not surprised Choice has done something like this. Was the message directly addressed to you by name? Did you check the email address to make sure it wasn't misdirected to your mailbox? I get a lot of spam to other people and can't find my address anywhere in the header. One of the fallouts of arpa logic for decades ago. It may be the "employee" no longer has a mailbox on that service.

Did you watch the video? I would think "the wrong way" could be very entertaining.

If it's a one-time shot, then I'd probably ignore it. If it repeats itself, then forward it back and ask them to investigate.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by jemmazee
Does your front desk staff recognize Choice Privileges Elite members?
I've never understood why this recognition was important. I like the free nights, but really don't need to be recognized for my status, lowly Gold though I am. A few days ago at a Clarion Suites I thought that the front desk clerk did it just right. He checked me in, and then told me that there was free beer and wine in the bar for another 55 minutes, and that at 7 free pizza would be delivered. That's recognition I can use!
Old Jun 26, 2011, 8:55 am

Do you have a link to the video?
Old Jun 26, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Ispolkom
I've never understood why this recognition was important. I like the free nights, but really don't need to be recognized for my status, lowly Gold though I am. A few days ago at a Clarion Suites I thought that the front desk clerk did it just right. He checked me in, and then told me that there was free beer and wine in the bar for another 55 minutes, and that at 7 free pizza would be delivered. That's recognition I can use!
Agree, mostly. Except that it would be nice to be assigned a room that recognizes status, instead of it being solely according to rate paid (such as AAA, LPGA or GEICO), meaning the worst in the house -- and I am not smelly or nasty when checking in. And I know for a fact that the latter is policy, that motel's or Choice-wide. (I do receive good room assignments at the motels where I am a regular, though.)

Now, as to another take on the OP's thread title - and why I first came to this thread - I've been getting offers of free songs. Not a bad thing, just a new experience.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 10:28 am

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, AMEX Plat
Wonder if you can redeem your own employee Diamond recognitions cards.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Thanks all for the feedback ... the emails are indeed being sent directly to me based on the header info and I have gotten a couple more in the last week. I sent an email to Choice and will see what they have to say.

If anybody is interested, the video seems to be publicly available on vimeo.com - search for Elite Member Recognition Video. It is a bit over the top, but did make me chuckle once or twice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.