FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Odd Emails from Choice
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2011, 10:00 am
Firewind

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Ispolkom
I've never understood why this recognition was important. I like the free nights, but really don't need to be recognized for my status, lowly Gold though I am. A few days ago at a Clarion Suites I thought that the front desk clerk did it just right. He checked me in, and then told me that there was free beer and wine in the bar for another 55 minutes, and that at 7 free pizza would be delivered. That's recognition I can use!
Agree, mostly. Except that it would be nice to be assigned a room that recognizes status, instead of it being solely according to rate paid (such as AAA, LPGA or GEICO), meaning the worst in the house -- and I am not smelly or nasty when checking in. And I know for a fact that the latter is policy, that motel's or Choice-wide. (I do receive good room assignments at the motels where I am a regular, though.)

Now, as to another take on the OP's thread title - and why I first came to this thread - I've been getting offers of free songs. Not a bad thing, just a new experience.