Reload this Page >

Hong Kong to Guangzhou

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hong Kong to Guangzhou

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2017, 1:45 am

The direct train from Hunghom is best. But more expensive than the bus.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 4:28 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by 889
The direct train from Hunghom is best. But more expensive than the bus.
This is what i found and seems straight forward enough...
https://www.travelchinaguide.com/chi...Hong%20Kong%20[Hung%20Hom]&d=2017-10-17

although there would be another hour's worth of travel from Hung hom to HKIA
Old Jul 15, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
If you are just heading to HKIA to catch a flight getting to the SZ HKIA ferry would make sense.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by tentseller
If you are just heading to HKIA to catch a flight getting to the SZ HKIA ferry would make sense.
Yes, your correct, my flight out is from HKIA. Seems like the boarding point is a little far away in Guangzhou. I would be near the Canton Exhibition center area. Do the ferries leave from the Nansha ferry terminal ?

Last edited by quarryking; Jul 15, 2017 at 8:06 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:31 pm

I've done every single form of transportation between HK and GZ (Foshan). Cheapest is bus, you can get special discounted tickets for $60 HKD, crossing isn't an issue unless you don't speak Cantonese or Mandarin. I've also done subway from HK to Futian Port, transfer to Shenzhen subway, high speed train to Guangzhou South from Shenzhen North, then Guangzhou subway to make it back to my apartment in Foshan.

There's also the option of the train that leaves from Hung Hom and goes to Guangzhou East. The ferry takes you from TST to Shunde but you'll need to cab back to Guangzhou.

The last two are the easiest especially for a foreigner as there are shuttle buses from Shunde that goes go most of the large hotels.

For high speed rail, the trip between Shenzhen North and Guangzhou South is super short. You'll spend more time waiting. Also there have been many instances where people take your seats as they've boarded before you, just stand there and point at your ticket, they'll move.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 4:54 am

Shenzhen N to Guangzhou S is very short, but Guangzhou S is far south of everything and you can wait a considerable time for a departure at Shenzhen N if you didn't book your ticket beforehand: tickets sell-out.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by 889
Shenzhen N to Guangzhou S is very short, but Guangzhou S is far south of everything and you can wait a considerable time for a departure at Shenzhen N if you didn't book your ticket beforehand: tickets sell-out.
Yes, Shenzhen North to Guangzhou South is not the best journey really. Both stations are quite inconvenient from your start and probable destination and you can wait at the station longer than your on the train. Plus, as said above, they are big stations and you could easily get lost.

Far better to take the train from Shenzhen station (which is at Lo Wu) to Guangzhou or Guagzhou East (Which are much closer to the centre than South station).

These options don't save that much money when compared to the Kowloon - Guangzhou railway. For convenience, I'd take that.

BTW, where can you get the bus for 60 HKD? I'm sure I paid about 100.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by TravelDream
Yes, Shenzhen North to Guangzhou South is not the best journey really. Both stations are quite inconvenient from your start and probable destination and you can wait at the station longer than your on the train. Plus, as said above, they are big stations and you could easily get lost.

Far better to take the train from Shenzhen station (which is at Lo Wu) to Guangzhou or Guagzhou East (Which are much closer to the centre than South station).

These options don't save that much money when compared to the Kowloon - Guangzhou railway. For convenience, I'd take that.

BTW, where can you get the bus for 60 HKD? I'm sure I paid about 100.
I use Eternal East buses:

http://www.eebus.com/e/cmspage.asp?c...36&cat_level=2

The times in red are $60. No real qualms, and the border crossing isn't that tricky, but yes I understand how that can be daunting.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 6:59 am

The train from Shenzhen north to Guangzhou south makes sense if you are trying to connect to another high speed train to somewhere.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by quarryking
Trying to figure out the easiest way to head from Guangzhou to Hong Kong.. the bus seems the easiest in terms of just having to board in Guangzhou & alight in Hong Kong..but not sure what the running times are like and whether they're prone to delays as well..?

Is there a regular ferry from the Nansha Ferry terminal to Guangzhou? I'd be staying near the Canton Exhibition center and seems like a one hour taxi ride to the ferry terminal.

Any other ideas ?
Where is Guangzhou are you departing from and where is Hong Kong are you going to?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by cxfan1960
Where is Guangzhou are you departing from and where is Hong Kong are you going to?
Would be staying near the Canton exhibition Center in Guangzhou and headed to Hong Kong just to catch a flight out from HKG at 21.00 hrs.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by quarryking
Would be staying near the Canton exhibition Center in Guangzhou and headed to Hong Kong just to catch a flight out from HKG at 21.00 hrs.
You can take a ferry from Lianhuashan instead of Nansha: http://www.cksp.com.hk/en/route/hk_f...ine_price_hk_m. However, Lianhuashan is quite far away, but Nansha is even farther. There are only a few departures in a day. I am not sure if you can check in for your flight there. Remember you need to arrive at the SkyPier in Hong Kong well in advance: http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/t...prd-ports.html.

Personally, I prefer to take a train from Guangzhou to Hung Hom (Kowloon, Hong Kong: http://www.it3.mtr.com.hk/B2C/frmSch...sp?strLang=Eng), then take the A21 bus to the Airport (about 75-90 min ride). However, you need HKD (I forgot how much, perhaps HKD33) to board the A21.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.