Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Parking at/near ORD" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2002, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Consolidated "Parking at/near ORD" thread

Does anyone know if the "F" lot is open? The last time I went to use it, post 9/11, it had been closed. Thanks.

Park

Added by moderator for indexing

Last edited by cblaisd; Apr 25, 2009 at 12:05 am
Old Jan 17, 2002, 2:59 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
was just at ORD, F still was closed.

E it seems, has yet to fill up since 9/11. I fly frequently and live near ORD and have not seem F in use since then.

After the new lot across the street from E opens, I would find it hard to believe if F ever will open again.
Old Jan 18, 2002, 5:51 pm

E was full for Thanksgiving but they didn't open F. They were giving coupons to park at the regular short term parking lot and to have the price adjusted at the payment time.
Old Oct 3, 2003, 10:12 am

ORD parking

Can someone give me web site for parking at O'hare, please. Thanks

[This message has been edited by adgtravel (edited 10-03-2003).]
Old Oct 3, 2003, 11:23 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold,HH Gold
http://www.ohare.com/ohare/home.asp

bottom right corner

Hope this helps.
Old Oct 3, 2003, 5:38 pm

Thanks for info, lowest price is $13 a day. I can't remember where we parked last time, it has been several years, but we only paid $10 a day with some kind of discount I got from their web site. Has anyone parked for less than $13 a day lately? Thanks
Old Oct 13, 2003, 2:50 pm
glg

The F lot on the east side of Mannheim is the one that used to be cheapest ($8 or $9 2 years ago). It got taken over by TSA. Now E/G on the west side of Mannheim at $13 are the cheapest run by the airport. If you want to try for cheaper, I think one of the rental car agencies is a little south of 190 on Mannheim and offers parking.
Old Aug 3, 2004, 9:35 am

Parking at O'hare?

Where's the cheapest place to park my car for a couple of days at ORD. I'm going to Cali this weekend and will be bringing alot of luggage back as I just moved here to Chicago. Any suggestions?
Old Aug 3, 2004, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Remote is $13 a day, I think. It's connected to the terminals via monorail train. Not a bad setup.

There are other lots off-site that are cheaper. Transportation to ORD is via shuttle bus. Not sure what the savings are, but to me it's a PITA to call the bus, wait for them, etc. etc.

My personal preference is my client's office building at Higgins & Manheim. Free parking, only cost is the taxicab that takes me to my car's trunk.
Old Aug 3, 2004, 10:03 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Moved to the O'Hare forum

Chuck
aka cblaisd
Moderator, United
Old Aug 3, 2004, 10:53 am

I like off site parking for going to the airport (I use Avistar on Mannheim). I drive in to their facility, leave my car and keys, jump in a shuttle, and off to ORD. Works great.

The problem is returning. The long, dark walk to the Bus Shuttle center is, well, long. Then you have to wait for the shuttle. What a pain.

Because of that, I have been taking cabs. Depending on where you live, they have fixed rates that can be very reasonable. The largest company is American Taxi (though I use Blue Cab since they know the streets around Oak Park where I live).
Old Aug 3, 2004, 3:13 pm

Programs: 1MM UA
I think the cheapest is Thrifty if you use a coupon
http://www.longtermparking.com/COUPONS/cpthriftyord.htm
Avistar goes to the bus center, but thrifty goes to each terminal.
Old Aug 3, 2004, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by sosafan
I think the cheapest is Thrifty if you use a coupon
http://www.longtermparking.com/COUPONS/cpthriftyord.htm
Avistar goes to the bus center, but thrifty goes to each terminal.
sosafan,

Thanks for the tip. Thrifty drops off AND picks up curbside? I wonder how they can do this when no one else that I know of (parking, hotel) can. Probably because they are a car rental outfit as well! I will have to try then next time.

-jonu
Old Aug 10, 2004, 6:24 am

Location: Near Chicago and Under the MDW and ORD Flight Paths, IL, USA
Programs: UA recovering Premier
Originally Posted by UNITED959
My personal preference is my client's office building at Higgins & Manheim. Free parking, only cost is the taxicab that takes me to my car's trunk.
Use caution if you get a taxi for that short of a trip. Some of those cabbies have been waiting in the taxi lot for a few hours and if you want a ride to the McDonald's, you may be in for some abuse or worse. These guys want the long rides -- granted, you'll have a "suburban" taxi -- but if they draw you, they may not be happy. Same admonition applies to folks going to Cumberland and the Kennedy in a "city" cab. Those guys want to go downtown.

Also, be real sure that it's ok to park overnight in those lots (some may require stickers or passes for overnight). It would suck big time to find your car towed and have the indignity of the taxi ride to a far-off tow lot, plus the expense of bailing out your car.

I have a friend who parks at one of the hotels at Mannheim and Higgins (I forget which one). They actually will let you park for a relatively small fee and you can ride the hotel shuttle to ORD.

The Cumberland CTA lot is $10.75 a day. The Rosemont CTA lot does not allow overnight parking, but is $1.50 for the day, so it might be a good choice for a day trip, if you can find a spot.
Old May 26, 2005, 5:54 am

Cheap Long-Term Parking at ORD?

My wife and I will be driving from Wisconsin down to ORD to catch a UAL flight to China, and will be gone for almost 3 weeks. Does anyone know what is the cheapest long-term parking alternative in the O'Hare area?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.