Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Let's Welcome the New TSA Administrator...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

... as only we can. For starters, here's my Propaganda Village entry in case it's censored:

Administrator Pekoske,

In order for you to be an effective public servant, I suggest you take the following steps in order to fully understand how you regulate the public you serve and how your employees treat those members of the public:

1. Submit to a full "pat down" every time you fly commercially.

2. Have a checked bag ripped open, ransacked, and a liquid left open to spill all over your suits.

3. Be interrogated by a behavior detection officer.

4. Have a carry-on bag searched out of your sight and discover something really expensive missing.

5. Watch as a female family member is given a "pat down."

6. Watch your employees bring a young mother to tears when her breast milk is confiscated.

7. Watch your employees humiliate a handicapped person and their family.

8. Document instances of "screener discretion."

9. Try to get an answer from @AskTSA that isn't downright insulting.

10. Have the guts to call a "pat down" what it really is and that your employees do, in fact, search human genitals and, on occasion, penetrate a woman's body.

If you have the guts to do all of these things, and more that others may suggest, I trust you will be just as disgusted about the TSA as many of the public already is. The difference is that you can do something about it. We'll be watching and we aren't at all reluctant to provide feedback.

FYI, you might check with the DHS IG concerning the amount of complaints about comments being censored and people being blocked by your employees on official government social media sites.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll be surprised if that sees the light of day and even more surprised if new guy reads it.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 12:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
I would add that he gets the same PreCheck experience as everyone else - including waiting in the regular line if PreCheck is closed.

Last edited by chollie; Aug 12, 2017 at 12:46 pm
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chollie
I would add that he gets the same PreCheck experience as everyone else - including waiting in the regular line if PreCheck is closed.
No should be regular screening only.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
No should be regular screening only.
Right! Only regular screening, not PreCheck. It should be separate. If you go through PreCheck. They won't let pat you down, no body scanners, and no asking about search the bags.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Nickname Contest!!!

I almost forgot! Let the games begin and the winner will be decided by cyber-acclamation.

Past winners include:

Pissy
Kippie
Skeletor
Village Idiot

My entries for starters:

Peskie
Peckie
Pecker (Related, of course, to the British slang expression for "chin" )
Old Aug 19, 2017, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
I almost forgot! Let the games begin and the winner will be decided by cyber-acclamation.

Past winners include:

Pissy
Kippie
Skeletor
Village Idiot

My entries for starters:

Peskie
Peckie
Pecker (Related, of course, to the British slang expression for "chin" )
None of those suggestions connotate the level of disgust I have for his organization. Working on a suggestion but he hasn't shown his colors just yet.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Personally, I will postpone welcoming the new boss until he makes two changes:

1) medical nitro tabs are no longer subject to 'screener discretion'

and

2) no more punitive genital frisks for pax who are physically incapable of assuming and holding the position in the NoS.

The rest of the world manages aviation security without doing these things - with a lot fewer resources than TSA. If Pesky can't do it, then I have no respect for him. He'll just be another in a long line of losers.

Supposedly 20% of TSOs are ex-military, yet when we get someone leading TSA with a military background, instead of whipping the other 80% of TSOs into shape and imposing military discipline and order on the organization, he tries to whip the pax into shape, treating them like a bunch of raw recruits at boot camp.

Last edited by chollie; Aug 20, 2017 at 9:56 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.