Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The return of Code Bravo

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Tanic
Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the airport... Code Bravo is back. All new and improved too.
Says we don't have to freeze just 'cause they tell us to:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/29/bu...road.html?_r=0
Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
What the article doesn't say is that if you don't freeze and TSA can find you later in the sterile area, you and your belongings can be subjected to a punitive 'random' genital frisk and bag search and swab.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by chollie
you and your belongings can be subjected to a punitive 'random' genital frisk and bag search and swab.
I'm pretty sure TSA reserves this right at all times. Of course, I imagine they'd be more inclined to exercise it on people who refuse to freeze.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 11:44 am

Freeze? Everybody clap your hands! (I know I'll be clapping and yelling bravo after!)
Old Jul 22, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA 1P, AA fallen Gold, Marriott Gold, Priority Pass, Hertz #1 Gold
Shout "Bravo Clear!" and continue about your business.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:07 pm

Programs: RFC
Originally Posted by chollie
What the article doesn't say is that if you don't freeze and TSA can find you later in the sterile area, you and your belongings can be subjected to a punitive 'random' genital frisk and bag search and swab.
But the law says TSA can only screen at entry to the sterile area and at the gate. They have no power to do anything anywhere else. The only exception is the few sworn police that are with TSA. They can detain you, but they are sworn police: they need probable cause and all the usual police limitations and conditions etc.,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.