Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is TSA allowed to bring pumpkin pie?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2015, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AllieKat
1. They clearly say disabling liquids, so citric acid in lemons and stuff doesn't count - it isn't a "disabling liquid" any more than water (both can be in certain situations of course, the US is good at that - see: waterboarding).

2. There's a degree of common sense, yes, stomach acid could do some real damage, but use common sense here...
Yes, apply common sense to TSA screening rules. Such as prohibiting a 16 ounce bottle of water unless it is divided into several 3.4 ounce bottles and then placed in a zip top baggie so any explosive force will be contained.

or

Screen travelers with WBI and pat downs while allowing airport employees to use seperate entrances with no screening.

Common sense is not TSA's strong suite.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by AllieKat
1. They clearly say disabling liquids, so citric acid in lemons and stuff doesn't count - it isn't a "disabling liquid" any more than water (both can be in certain situations of course, the US is good at that - see: waterboarding).

2. There's a degree of common sense, yes, stomach acid could do some real damage, but use common sense here...
Since the TSA prohibits water at the checkpoint, there's no way that my stomach acid is getting through.

There's a lot of common sense around here, just very little of it from our friends at the TSA.

Mike
Old Jan 16, 2015, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
This means nothing. It is only a guideline.

"Screener discretion" trumps everything that is published on the website, including rules about medications or pies.

Last edited by chollie; Jan 16, 2015 at 12:20 pm
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:06 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by mikeef
Since the TSA prohibits water at the checkpoint, there's no way that my stomach acid is getting through.

There's a lot of common sense around here, just very little of it from our friends at the TSA.

Mike
My gut also contains flammable gas, I should be banned from flying too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.