Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Am I allowed back in the UK again??

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2014, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Well I located a British Consulate here in California and I will be calling first thing in the morning. I was looking at the visa apps and I don't know which one I am supposed to apply for. It is all confusing.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 1:55 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
That is probably the best thing to do.

They can check what is causing the red flags, and hopefully sort it out for you.

Good luck!
Old Sep 12, 2014, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Thank you CarolynUK
Old Sep 12, 2014, 3:11 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by shells14
I explained I book my tickets online one way a week before I fly with a site I use...
this is only my 3rd time traveling there or anywhere for that matter. I have never been on an airplane before this and am clueless.
the only reason I booked one way tickets is it was cheaper through cheapo air. I go through them cause I use the discounts.
How does one who has never been on an airplane find cheap, last minute, one-way tickets across the Atlantic on Cheapo Air? I've been on Flyertalk for a while and know some pretty obscure tricks to get low airfare, but this makes zero sense. Either you're a genius or "You're Doing It All Wrong!" Feel free to pm me either way.

I just wanted to triple check that's why I started this thread. I am sure I will be ok next time...
Good idea to triple-check, definitely take the advice on this thread and talk to the consulate or get a visa. I agree with everyone else, I am pretty sure you have a high chance of facing some difficulty next time if you don't straighten it out before the trip.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 3:32 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by janetdoe
How does one who has never been on an airplane find cheap, last minute, one-way tickets across the Atlantic on Cheapo Air? I've been on Flyertalk for a while and know some pretty obscure tricks to get low airfare, but this makes zero sense. Either you're a genius or "You're Doing It All Wrong!" Feel free to pm me either way.
I think you may be not assuming that some of these trips to the UK/IRL originated from somewhere beside the US.

Ryanair doesn't fly to/from the US but it's pretty popular -- at least with the young American lasses flying from the Schengen Zone to the UK/Ireland CTA -- for last-minute cheap one-way tickets that are way less than the cost for a roundtrip ticket. She booked Ryanair for at least part of these trips.

Also, there are some excellent one-way travel mileage tricks to get from the US to the UK for very cheap prices. Think 12,500 miles and less than $100 for a last-minute one-way trip.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Also, there are some excellent one-way travel mileage tricks to get from the US to the UK for very cheap prices. Think 12,500 miles and less than $100 for a last-minute one-way trip.
I am clearly not thinking hard enough give me a clue

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/image...ies/tongue.gif
Old Sep 13, 2014, 9:29 am

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
You could fly as a courier to somewhere in Europe, then RyanAir or another cut-rate Euro discount airline to your final destination. Or, just like in the US, there are odd routings that can be cheap. A flight from New York to Kiev on Swiss may be $600, connecting in Zurich. Just the flight from New York to Zurich could be $1,100, so you book the flight through to Kiev, get off at Zurich and take a $100 flight from Zurich to London.

I'm sure that's where the main mistake was made. Trying to be too fine with saving a few bucks on a flight instead of just doing the normal and obvious for a first-time flyer, which is booking a round trip on an airline direct from the US to the UK. She probably mentioned going to see a boyfriend as well, which would be a giant red flag in and of itself. Two big red flags = two denials of entry.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by janetdoe

Good idea to triple-check, definitely take the advice on this thread and talk to the consulate or get a visa. I agree with everyone else, I am pretty sure you have a high chance of facing some difficulty next time if you don't straighten it out before the trip.
Cheapo air was $662 and the last leg of my flight was $61 So to me that was cheap. Also I am a bargain hunter for everything I shop for. Not just flights. Just saying....I hope that makes sense to you. In todays world you have to be thrifty.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 11:14 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Airbridge
I am clearly not thinking hard enough give me a clue

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/image...ies/tongue.gif
One-way flight with checked-in luggage and a throwaway ticket is available for under $240 for JFK to London (with throwaway LGW-CTA). Check the Mileage Run economy deals forum.

Here's something close in price, from that same thread.

Originally Posted by SFO777
Wow, even next day weekend returns.

Old Sep 14, 2014, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by catocony
You could fly as a courier to somewhere in Europe, then RyanAir or another cut-rate Euro discount airline to your final destination. Or, just like in the US, there are odd routings that can be cheap. A flight from New York to Kiev on Swiss may be $600, connecting in Zurich. Just the flight from New York to Zurich could be $1,100, so you book the flight through to Kiev, get off at Zurich and take a $100 flight from Zurich to London.

I'm sure that's where the main mistake was made. Trying to be too fine with saving a few bucks on a flight instead of just doing the normal and obvious for a first-time flyer, which is booking a round trip on an airline direct from the US to the UK. She probably mentioned going to see a boyfriend as well, which would be a giant red flag in and of itself. Two big red flags = two denials of entry.
Yes You are Correct!! The first time I went to visit I flew on a one way and had no problem. But when I went back again and they asked, I did say I was visiting my boyfriend and friends and that is what started this whole thing. I was just being honest and well I guess that blew up in my face.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
One-way flight with checked-in luggage and a throwaway ticket is available for under $240 for JFK to London (with throwaway LGW-CTA). Check the Mileage Run economy deals forum.

Here's something close in price, from that same thread.
I am flying from California and like I said I thought $662 was great. Now I found Round trip for only $1146.00 through cheapo air.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by catocony

The 1st time I had no issues they let me in on a 1way ticket that is why I was so baffled the 2nd time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.