Wiki Posts
Search

Problems in Clark CRK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2014, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Problems in Clark CRK

Hi Everyone !

I dont know if im posting this on the right forum ?

I have some problems whit my girlfrķend leving the Phililipines.

She would come to visit me in Sweden on a 3 month Social
visit visa on February 24, 2014.

Problem was when my girlfriend would leave Philipines (Angeles Clark CRK).
She Checked in. But when she would pass customs They denied her
to pass and to leave the country because she had no
CFO (Commissions on Filipinos Overseas).

Which according to CFO's rules are not needed when a Social visit to take place.

Now she got the CFO Diploma so it shuld not be a problem anymore ?

I will purchase a new ticket to Stockholm but
Does my girlfriends Return ticket (Stockholm ARN) to (Angeles Clark CRK)
June 04 2014 stil work ?

Or have new ticket to be purchased?

The awnsers from the travel agency is not clear (Odenresor Stockholm).

The air line is Qatar Airways.

Thanx !!
//

Christer
Old Mar 17, 2014, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Uh oh. I hope this isn't a girl you met on the internet to whom you are sending money to buy each plane ticket that she is mysteriously unable to use.

http://ghana.usembassy.gov/romance_scam.html

"Next, look over this partial list of indicators. If any of them sound familiar, you are likely the victim of an internet scam.

You met a friend/fiancé online
You've never met face to face
Your correspondent professed love at warp speed
Your friend/fiancé is plagued with medical problems requiring loans from you
You are promised repayment upon the inheritance of alluvial gold or gems
You've sent large sums for visas or plane tickets but the person cannot seem to make it out of Ghana
When your friend does try to leave the country, h/she is detained by immigration officials demanding payment or bribes"

http://www.russian-dating-scams.com/...gs_to_know.htm
Old Mar 17, 2014, 7:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
By the way, there is a very good chance that the return portion of her ticket is now invalid. Or you may be able to get a refund. Check with the airline.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 11:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by jphripjah
Uh oh. I hope this isn't a girl you met on the internet to whom you are sending money to buy each plane ticket that she is mysteriously unable to use.

http://ghana.usembassy.gov/romance_scam.html

"Next, look over this partial list of indicators. If any of them sound familiar, you are likely the victim of an internet scam.

You met a friend/fiancé online
You've never met face to face
Your correspondent professed love at warp speed
Your friend/fiancé is plagued with medical problems requiring loans from you
You are promised repayment upon the inheritance of alluvial gold or gems
You've sent large sums for visas or plane tickets but the person cannot seem to make it out of Ghana
When your friend does try to leave the country, h/she is detained by immigration officials demanding payment or bribes"

http://www.russian-dating-scams.com/...gs_to_know.htm
That sounds exactly right! I'd worry about a scam first off vs any chance it was a "paperwork problem".
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
It's a shame that in today's world, we first think of scam, but The Philippines is a hot spot. I truly hope the OP has met the girl and knows about her. While she might be a kind and loving person looking for true love, one must always be careful that they are not being cheated. I have known men who have been cheated by Filipinas (and crime syndicates without a girl being even involved) in very similar ways. OTOH, this may be a way for her to leave the Philippines and start a new life (the CFO is intended only for people leaving to get married). As to the question posed, missing an outgoing flight usually voids the rest of the ticket; you need to check with carrier to see about any refunds, credits, etc. Since the OP says she got the paperwork, it might be on the up-and-up, but it could be the next stage in a scam (i.e., new ticket for which "something" else happens).

Last edited by relangford; Mar 23, 2014 at 8:15 pm
Old Mar 22, 2014, 8:08 pm

Clark immigration has got a very popular reputation for denying single, young females from exiting the Philippines in order to boost their "denial of human trafficking" stats. It happens at Manila as well, but nowhere near as often. Even with "well seasoned" travelers with plenty of stamps in their passports showing that they are very likely to return will still get denials from immigration.

CFO certificates are only needed for those intending to emigrate for long term relationships or marriages and involves a bit of classroom time to listen to presentations by the Philippine citizen. (this is what that country is like and these are the problems Filiipinos have type lectures) However, your situation is a grey area appearing to make the agent thing she needs a CFO even if she plans on returning if during the exit interview she mentioned she was meeting her boyfriend or romantic interest. The agent may have played "better safe than sorry".

Edit: The above doesn't mean to dissuade you from listening to the previous "keep your 'send more money' radar up" warnings. THAT occurs frequently, too. ("Mahal, my family carabao is sick! And my lola die (for the 3rd time this year)"). Unfortunately, while the Filipino are nice friendly people, there's enough crap going around both in the general populace and government officials to require constant vigilance.

Edit 2: Double check your return ticket anyway. Emirates just announced pulling out of Clark effective the first week of May, with strong rumors of Qatar following suit soon after.

Last edited by RandomNobody; Mar 22, 2014 at 10:51 pm
Old Apr 14, 2014, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
It was be great to get a follow-up from the OP. If you are still around the forum, please let us know what happened.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Thanx for all awnsers !
Everyting is solved whit the ticket. I got help from a nice person at Qatar Airways Stockholm.
He helpt me make the ticket an open ticket, So if problems, its just to re book.
And i know the girl in real life !
And she can never get any money from this anyway.

There is still problems for her to exit the Philipines, She made a new try in Cebu(CEB),The imigration wont let her fly, although she got the CFO certificate. And CFO is not require when you go on a social visit.

Now they want an special invitation
Affidavit of Guarantee and Support. It require to be Authentication by the Philipines Embassy in Norway.

I send the documents to the Embassy 3 weeks ago and still not get it back.
The imigration also say that she needs to have 2000 Dollar or more in cash.( That i dont like )
They are also very rude to her asking what she will do in Sweden. Work as a prostitute ? They go thru all her belongings, locking in her phone,and personal stuff.

This is just a little of the info i find out about this problem....

http://www.philippines-travel-guide....uirements.html
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by bmu916
The imigration also say that she needs to have 2000 Dollar or more in cash.( That i dont like )
Uh oh. Who told you this? Was it her, or someone else in the Philippines?
Old Apr 23, 2014, 6:39 pm

Since you know the girl, it is less likely to be a scam. The Philippines have a real problem with "entertainers" here in Korea (almost all the prostitutes around military bases are filipinas), so their government is taking extrordinary steps to prevent such cases (requiring audition tapes from "singers" and "dancers"). Sometimes innocent people get caught up in these limitations on travel. I still don't understand the CFO certificate since it is for emigration (usually marriage). Be aware, also, that The Philippines requires an exit tax at the airport in cash for their nationals to depart (it has to do with taxes and tax evasion). Good luck, and thank you for the update. Keep us posted.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 10:04 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by relangford
Since you know the girl, it is less likely to be a scam. The Philippines have a real problem with "entertainers" here in Korea (almost all the prostitutes around military bases are filipinas), so their government is taking extrordinary steps to prevent such cases (requiring audition tapes from "singers" and "dancers"). Sometimes innocent people get caught up in these limitations on travel. I still don't understand the CFO certificate since it is for emigration (usually marriage). Be aware, also, that The Philippines requires an exit tax at the airport in cash for their nationals to depart (it has to do with taxes and tax evasion). Good luck, and thank you for the update. Keep us posted.
Do some/all Filipino Citizens need exit visas or official permissions at all times to leave the Islands? I have not been in a while and flew in and out via private channels so I did not get to see all the formalities.

Last edited by FlyingHoustonian; Apr 23, 2014 at 10:09 pm
Old Apr 24, 2014, 6:26 pm

I understand that even businesspeople can have trouble departing The Philippines (suspected of taking money out, or something). It seems to be very uneven and subjective. I do not think there is a formal "exit visa", though. I'll try to find out (I'm a U.S. citizen), but do travel there. The exit tax is levied on all filipinos departing.
Old May 11, 2014, 6:54 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
What is being described here is called "offloading" in the Philippines. I know several Filipina women who had legitimate trips ruined over it. It is theoretically the benevolent government's all out effort to protect it's population from the perils of human trafficking. The theory being that the innocent naive young Filipina is being lured to Stockholm by the OP to be sold into slavery or something and she must be barred from leaving the country for her own protection. But the policy is implemented by officials who are legendary for their corruption and it rife with stories of extortion, bribes, payoffs by REAL traffickers and everything else. CRK is notorious for being one of the most corrupt airports in this regard. CEB probably comes in second. MNL is allegedly less corrupt and would be a better departure choice since theres a problem though it happens there as well. However, since there is a problem, the OP might do well to just go there and travel back with her, from MNL. They are much less likely to try such shenanigans when the foreigner boyfriend is present.

The $2000 would be what is called “show money” in the Philippines. The theory being that if you can afford to travel you ought to be able to demonstrate it. It is not an unheard of request in the Philippines. Unfortunately having a big stack of cash in a situation where extortion is not unheard of is not a good place to be.

Of course while the scenario described is very real, it does also make great material for scams too so be wary. But that no cash has changed hands (or refundable airline tickets “disapearing”) makes the story more believable. I love the Philippines and the Filipino People but it can be a really messed up place sometimes.
Old May 13, 2014, 8:22 pm

It's been two months since the OP, what is the status? Did the girl friend ever make it to Sweden? A little OT, but, IMHO, most filipinas are pretty smart when it comes to "overseas employment".
Old Jun 22, 2014, 6:04 pm

Still nothing from the OP? I guess we have to guess what actually took place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.