Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

DL passenger denied boarding due to t-shirt design

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL passenger denied boarding due to t-shirt design

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
Same reason they will pull you off the plane if you make a joke about a bomb on board.

Seriously, when I look at the shirt straight on, the only words I can make out without twisting my head around are "bomb", "terrorists (misspelled ) ", "gonna kill US...something or other".

I'd pull the guy off too. Stupid TSA rules aside, the guy is a jerk and got the 15 minutes he was looking for. Plus who knows how many miles for his inconvenience.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:17 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by andymo99

First off, his shirt is spot on.
Then maybe you can tell me what "ZOMG" means.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:18 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by mrredskin
whatever that means...

and like it has anything to do with bombs or terrorism...

I'm amazed at those comparing this to being more tame than what is portrayed in movies and other shirts you see. You know what??? They don't mention the "trigger" words that this shirt did.
Paranoid, "gutless little twerps" trigger themselves over anything, everything or nothing at all -- they should take control of their own emotions before worrying about others and trying to micromanage others' legitimate expression of grievance with paranoid nitwits and control freaks.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
whatever that means...

and like it has anything to do with bombs or terrorism...

I'm amazed at those comparing this to being more tame than what is portrayed in movies and other shirts you see. You know what??? They don't mention the "trigger" words that this shirt did.
It means that a woman can produce milk from her breasts, which is pretty a pretty amazing power. It also denigrates men.

You are wrong about "trigger" words. I routinely call the UA website "dot-bomb", to personnel at the airport. Should I be prevented from flying?

Are we merely a nation of "Sheeple" now?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yohanson
Then maybe you can tell me what "ZOMG" means.
http://mashable.com/2011/06/03/zomg-...rd-dictionary/
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by zombietooth
Those who say that you don't have a right to fly, obviously missed the point that once the "offensive" shirt was removed, he did have the "right" to fly.
Again, please point to either statute or court decision that addresses a "right" to fly. Wanting something to be a right doesn't make it so and doesn't provide any legal obligation on DL's part to provide transport to someone intentionally seeking to make a scene.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
he's an idiot. plain and simple. don't wear stupid s*** that a lot of other people don't know the meaning of when it could be construed the wrong way
Yeah, he is an idiots. He can't be inappropriate thing to TSA. Right, he is not allowed to wear a inappropriate TSA shirt. It's not permitted. He have to change a shirt.

Unfortunately, he was denied boarding. He will not able fly for those days. I don't like it for his behavior. He have obey the rules.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by northwest_buckeye
I'm sorry, but I'm not taking Delta's side on this. I'm taking the side of common f**king sense. Don't wear a shirt that you know has the potential to cause drama and attract attention... Which is exactly what this guy wanted.
He didn't even communicate using any angry vulgarities/expletives. Should the above post keep a person off a DL plane operated by the same pilot?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:25 pm

Programs: Delta FO, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Gold, Nat'l Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Paranoid, "gutless little twerps" trigger themselves over anything, everything or nothing at all -- they should take control of their own emotions before worrying about others and trying to micromanage others' legitimate expression of grievance with paranoid nitwits and control freaks.
Cool, I guess I'm a gutless little twerp for thinking the shirt might draw some unwanted attention. Frankly, I could care less about the guys shirt. It's not about that... It's about common sense and knowing how to act maturely in the time we live in. He firmly admits knowing that the shirt he was wearing was mocking air travel security. That leads me to believe one of two things:

1. He was looking for attention, and got it.
2. He doesn't have the mental capacity to realize it might be an issue.

He's either loving the attention or too stupid to figure out the problem.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:27 pm

Programs: Delta FO, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Gold, Nat'l Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by GUWonder
He didn't even communicate using any angry vulgarities/expletives. Should the above post keep a person off a DL plane operated by the same pilot?
Uhh, yeah. Re-read the article:

"I was stunned. “You’re f------ kidding me,” I said in response."

He cussed at the Delta manager. You lose.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by andymo99
Secondly, denying him boarding based on the discomfort of other pax is a very slippery slope. Let them deplane themselves if they don't like his shirt.
A slippery slope in what way? Is there some grave risk in DL seeking to ensure the comfort of the majority of their passengers as opposed to the exceedingly limited minority out to make a nuisance of themselves? I've seen folks kicked out of bars for making an ... out of themselves and annoying those around them. They weren't a danger to anyone, just obnoxious. I suppose that is a slippery slope, too?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Marylou
Same reason they will pull you off the plane if you make a joke about a bomb on board.

Seriously, when I look at the shirt straight on, the only words I can make out without twisting my head around are "bomb", "terrorists (misspelled ) ", "gonna kill US...something or other".

I'd pull the guy off too. Stupid TSA rules aside, the guy is a jerk and got the 15 minutes he was looking for. Plus who knows how many miles for his inconvenience.
He has had more than proverbial 15 minutes of fame. This isn't the first time his name will make some story from major news outlets.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by pbarnette
Again, please point to either statute or court decision that addresses a "right" to fly. Wanting something to be a right doesn't make it so and doesn't provide any legal obligation on DL's part to provide transport to someone intentionally seeking to make a scene.
My first thought was Cohen vs California, of course has nothing to do with the right to fly...this case dealt more with offensive wording on a t-shirt.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by northwest_buckeye
Uhh, yeah. Re-read the article:

"I was stunned. “You’re f------ kidding me,” I said in response."

He cussed at the Delta manager. You lose.
Read again and note that he was already being kept off the flight before he even said those words.

You don't win.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by pbarnette
Completely missed my point. Note that I put "right" in quotations to mock a poster from your side of the argument.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.