Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Just received a shiny new Palladium card with an expiration date 5 years down the road (current card expires in 2 months). Very strange as all of our inside sources had reported that we were all being converted to JPM-R on renewal! Maybe the title of this thread needs to be changed...

Actually a bit disappointed as I was hoping to avoid dealing with a CSR. But there is no way I would keep the Pd and pay inflated $595 AF much less forego 3x travel/dining UR & $300 travel credit.

P.S. Kind of funny it came in the same package as the original card, with the same T&Cs.
Is it still a Visa Signature with your engraved signature?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
Is it still a Visa Signature with your engraved signature?
Yes, exactly the same as the first package a couple of years ago.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 2:47 am

Yes, exactly the same as the first package a couple of years ago.
Even with the exact same engraved signature? I really wish they'd bring that feature to the JPMR if they're still going to do it for renewed Pd cards.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, engraved sig on both cards. But I'm still trying to figure out why this was renewed when we were told the product was being discontinued.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 1:11 pm

Definitely interesting. I wonder if they also had a change of heart on shutting down those people who got the JPMR through the backdoor fax number.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: Cards: JPMR, United Quest, Chase Ink Bus Cash, Chase Freedom U, Citi Costco, AmEx Blue
Yes, engraved sig on both cards. But I'm still trying to figure out why this was renewed when we were told the product was being discontinued.
Did you give them a call? Everything we've heard is the Pd was being replaced by JPMR. Perhaps if you're not a JPM PB client they would let you product change to the CSR or just keep the Pd?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by schalliol
Did you give them a call? Everything we've heard is the Pd was being replaced by JPMR. Perhaps if you're not a JPM PB client they would let you product change to the CSR or just keep the Pd?
Not yet. I already have a CSR so I don't need another one. If they don't permit me to convert to JPMR then I will just cancel. No reason to pay an extra $445/yr for an inferior card.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:38 pm

Not yet. I already have a CSR so I don't need another one. If they don't permit me to convert to JPMR then I will just cancel. No reason to pay an extra $445/yr for an inferior card.
This is honestly beyond weird to me - had lunch with 2 managing directors from my coverage group who were genuinely surprised when I mentioned someone getting a new PD. As in they picked up their b'berry and shot off emails trying to figure out if it was somehow still alive as a product. I actually just moved over close to 3/4 of a million worth of the cl on the PD to my reserve so it actually pissed me off to hear I could've kept it and had both at the same time with no change...
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by dlesin
You (should) be able to use the old Palladium Concierge - which from my experience is much more efficient. I can post the number up if you don't have it/would like it.
I actually called the number listed on the back of my old Pd (which I converted to a JPMR) and the rep forwarded me to the Visa Infinite Concierge team. Weird.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:41 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by MDJennings
I actually called the number listed on the back of my old Pd (which I converted to a JPMR) and the rep forwarded me to the Visa Infinite Concierge team. Weird.
Did they ask you your card number before transferring you?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
What's the word on this? I still have a Palladium.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
Did they ask you your card number before transferring you?
They just confirmed the last 4 digits since I previously used the service when my card was still a Pd. The rep took down a brief initial request (name of restaurant), then transferred me.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:57 pm

Real question:

Do I really need 10+ mil with JPM to get this card?
Would ~1 million in investments + liquid checking work?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:33 pm

Anyone else receive their palladium annual refunded last week? I love JP Morgan
Old Feb 28, 2017, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by crazytravelguy
Real question:

Do I really need 10+ mil with JPM to get this card?
Do you have a current Palladium card? If so, then no.

If you don't, then yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.