Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For ongoing discussion and the current/updated wiki, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. For the archived predecessor thread, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Print Wikipost

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2016, 10:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cdog999
That's what I thought. So, what is the consensus here, is there any chance of getting approved for Ink+ on a recon call for someone that is truly at 6/24. Or would it definitely just be a waste of a HP to apply.

Of course my wife is at a 3/25 right now, but she is adamant that she does not want to do an Ink+ card. Every time we have done one in the past we have had to call and answer a ton of questions and she feels very uncomfortable with that. May end up having her get a CSP before she gets any other cards.

EDIT: Is it worth opening a Chase Total Business Checking account? Anyone able to get a Chase Ink+ offer through this?
I have the same issue with spouse. One thing you could do is have her tell recon rep that she is hard of hearing and would like you to manage the call.
Old May 31, 2016, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I have the same issue with spouse. One thing you could do is have her tell recon rep that she is hard of hearing and would like you to manage the call.
Yeah, that is one option. Problem is she will bring up the fact that we don't truly have a business. My counter is always that we've sold stuff online, etc. But, I think she feels like we are still being a bit deceitful (she used a different word). I was there last time when she called for the Ink Cash card and it was incredible the grilling she got. I think it was about 20 minutes of intrusive questions. The previous year she got an Ink+ card and the recon process consisted of her getting put on hold for a minute and then getting approved for 35K.

Net: I think its probably a lost cause for trying to get approval to do an Ink+ app for her (was going to have to wait until around November anyway to get another bonus so it would be just to be able to do another 50K spend at office supply stores). My ability to get a bonus for Ink+ is in a few weeks, but being at 6/24 has me wondering if there is any way to get the card.
Old May 31, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
Was targeted for the 70k UA card. Already have the card. If I cancel now and reapply in june will I still get bonus or is that too soon?

Also is this targetted offer under 5/24? Not sure since it's semi-targeted.
Old May 31, 2016, 2:05 pm

What does "Pending Partner Verification" from Chase mean?

Asked to expedite a co-branded card (approved as was told, a new number has been generated), first agreed, then was told that the account is "pending partner verification". A rep could not explain what it is when I asked.
Approved or pending?
Old May 31, 2016, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kat007
Asked to expedite a co-branded card (approved as was told, a new number has been generated), first agreed, then was told that the account is "pending partner verification". A rep could not explain what it is when I asked.
Approved or pending?
It would have been helpful had you mentioned the specific card.

Let's assume for example it was a Marriott Rewards credit card, and you provided you existing Marriott Rewards account number. I could imagine in that case that "pending partner verification" is pending verification that the Marriott Rewards account number you provided exists and is indeed yours, since they print it on the back of the Marriott Rewards credit card. Or if you had not provided an existing account number, they would have to have Marriott Rewards issue a new number.

So if that's what it means, it would mean the card account itself is approved but it's pending the verification of information without which they cannot yet manufacture the physical card.

But again, that's just my best guess for what it could mean.
Old May 31, 2016, 6:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Verification Started before 5/22

Hi everyone, I have a pending Ink Plus application that requested me to send in my IRS letter for the business EIN. I faxed it in but waiting for their confirmation. Wonder if once they received it and reviewed my application, will they start using the 5/24 rule or it will refer back to the rules before 5/22 since the application was submitted weeks before 5/22?

Thanks very much for any tips and help. Good luck and have a great day!

Sorry for the repeated post as there are more discussions in here compared to the Ink Plus thread. Hope to get some insights in general on pending Chase application submitted before 5/22. Thanks.
Old May 31, 2016, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by NttDocomo
Wonder if once they received it and reviewed my application, will they start using the 5/24 rule or it will refer back to the rules before 5/22 since the application was submitted weeks before 5/22?
A relative just faced a similar situation - applied for a Chase Marriott card about 2-3 weeks ago. They made a decision - did not approve the application - on May 27. Since she hadn't applied for many cards in the past year, and no Chase cards in over a year, we were assuming that she'd get approved. We are thinking that possibly the denial was due to the fact that the "5/24 rule" (she had well over 5 new accounts in the past 2 years) was in effect on the day they made their final decision.

Hope we are wrong on this.
Hope you get approved for the card; good luck.
Old May 31, 2016, 7:35 pm

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
any data points on Marriott 100k biz offer after 5/22? I'm at like 12 new cards in 24mo...
Old May 31, 2016, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by odin99
any data points on Marriott 100k biz offer after 5/22? I'm at like 12 new cards in 24mo...
The "5/24 rule" is said to now apply to all Marriott cards:

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-...-credit-cards/
Old May 31, 2016, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA Silver, United Explorer, Chase SP, Hertz Gold
Advice for applying for Chase Sapphire

About 2 months ago, I was told that I was pre-approved for a Sapphire card. I didn't think much of it since I wasn't looking for a new CC.

Since then, it looks like I'll be traveling quite a bit the rest of 2016. I'm now debating whether I should apply for a Sapphire.

I currently have 2 CCs, both with a $10k line - Chase Freedom & United Explorer. Credit utilization is about 25%-30% and I have pretty good credit.

The Freedom was converted from a +1 card a long time ago and my last CC application was in 2013 for the United Explorer card. With the bonus from that application, I'm now sitting on 140k miles.

Also, I think I can satisfy the minimum spend of $4k in 3 months for the Sapphire. Is it worth it even if I have a United card? It seems so from my opinion and online reviews. My main attraction is the 1:1 conversion from Ultimate Rewards to miles. Does Orbitz still count as a travel purchase to earn 2x miles? Do they still have a portal to other travel vendors when logged in with a Sapphire card?

Last edited by boilerdam; May 31, 2016 at 10:22 pm Reason: Incomplete opening sentence
Old May 31, 2016, 10:32 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
CSP is a great card, and has many 2X for eating out...

Points can be moved to any Chase Airline or Hotel..including United..

'Had this card for years...miles are easiest, with the sign up bonuses
Old Jun 1, 2016, 12:47 am

CSP can transfer to Southwest, IHG, and BA, as well. All three can give you some nice redemptions. You can always use the card for a year, then downgrade it to the Freedom Unlimited to avoid the annual fee.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by boilerdam
Is it worth it even if I have a United card?
Your call. But if you decide to get CSP, then the UA Explorer is truly obsolete. Given you are a Silver, there is no advantage having the card at all (unless you truly value the 2 UC passes).

It seems so from my opinion and online reviews. My main attraction is the 1:1 conversion from Ultimate Rewards to miles.
While the rest is up to personal interpretation, the main attraction to you is you get better benefits for the same $95 AF, given you are a Silver.

Does Orbitz still count as a travel purchase to earn 2x miles?
It depends on how it is billed.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:31 am

Thumbs down no match on Marriott bus

Got the Marriott bus end of March. Requested match to the new offer of 100K w/ $5k spend and denied twice via SM. Never had that happen before.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: UA Silver, United Explorer, Chase SP, Hertz Gold
Thanks Satman & JeffH1.

garykung, one of the big advantages with UA explorer is that the miles don't expire. Right now, my 140k miles expire in Nov '17. Will that change if i cancel my UA explorer? I'm ok if it remains at Nov '17. Or I can probably wait till jan 2017 and cancel the card when the expiration goes to 2018.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.