Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Bold, Plus & Cash cards--[Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
08/18/2015--This thread is now archived. Discussion is continued here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-cards-summer-2015-onward.html

30K/$300 Ink Cash card with AF waived first yr.

Chase application status hotline: 800-625-5166
Chase Business Reconsideration: 800-453-9719
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Bold, Plus & Cash cards--[Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by FTRox87
same Q, I'm wondering the same.
I'm not sure if it would be easier but I think that they may be able to help you recon if it wasn't an instant approval?

Originally Posted by chasewalker
So I am assuming we can just apply online for the offer that has the fee waived and SM to match the 70K offer?
I'm wondering the same thing, seems more ideal to do this and get the first year AF waived if possible.

Originally Posted by jacobslide
Do you have to fill out the app in person at the branch? And, do you have to wait for them to process?
The offer is in branch.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Darthkim
Well that was the easiest 20k points earned. Just a SM and instantly was awarded the points. Had applied right after the 60k promo ended.
to be clear, you recieved a 20k match on the current 50k offer?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titainum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Delta Diamond
Went into a chase branch, and ended up with a private client banker. He said I either have to have a business account with chase, or open up atleast an llc.

Which was weird, so I just went back and applied online, got decision pending, then called the recon line. They approved me on the spot, but I said after applying I came across the 70k offer and if that could be matched.

The person said it can't be, and that if I want that I need to withdraw my application and re apply at a branch. He also said he just had someone else ask him the same thing and when he tried to put in the request he was told that can't be done, which is why he said I won't be able to do it either.

So now I'll try to go to a different branch, tell them I was approved for 50k but wanted the 70k offer, and basically tell them what happened and hope they'll approve me.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:49 pm

I wonder if you had taken the 50k offer than send a SM asking to match would that have worked.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by shakim
Which was weird, so I just went back and applied online, got decision pending, then called the recon line. They approved me on the spot, but I said after applying I came across the 70k offer and if that could be matched.

The person said it can't be, and that if I want that I need to withdraw my application and re apply at a branch. He also said he just had someone else ask him the same thing and when he tried to put in the request he was told that can't be done, which is why he said I won't be able to do it either.

So now I'll try to go to a different branch, tell them I was approved for 50k but wanted the 70k offer, and basically tell them what happened and hope they'll approve me.
Seems like it might be easier to take the 50k offer and then SM Chase after getting the card for the extra 20k.

It's just not guaranteed that you'd get it.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:52 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I applied for the 50k through Chase's website, called in to verify identity, and was then approved. I asked the phone agent if he could match 70K and he said that he does not have authority to change the offer. I guess SM is the way to go.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:58 pm

So I went into a branch to apply...at first the banker said I couldn't apply because I didn't have a Chase Business Checking account. Then he made a phone call and created me a business profile, then he applied for the card for me. But I wasn't instantly approved, he said I would know in 10 days. Should I call the reconsideration line?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:55 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
interesting that folks are getting so easily approved with the reg online apps... during small biz week, credit analysts were giving new applicants hell for any of the Ink products.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by MissDaisyofTexas
So I went into a branch to apply...at first the banker said I couldn't apply because I didn't have a Chase Business Checking account. Then he made a phone call and created me a business profile, then he applied for the card for me. But I wasn't instantly approved, he said I would know in 10 days. Should I call the reconsideration line?
I called and was approved!
Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA, US, SPG, HH, SW, AT, Chase UR
Do you actually have to have a business to get this card?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:24 pm

Programs: Delta SM, Jetblue, SPG
Originally Posted by Mikeyis4dcats
to be clear, you recieved a 20k match on the current 50k offer?
Yes.

Also, my relationship with chase is about 15 months old. LLC with business checking, Ink cash and Ink Plus. CSP and Hyatt on personal side.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Darthkim
Well that was the easiest 20k points earned. Just a SM and instantly was awarded the points. Had applied right after the 60k promo ended.
Originally Posted by teddy25
Got match after 105 days of original app. 50+10 match (small bus week) +10 today
For the match, do you need to pay the annual fee?

Did you use Other Inquiry / not Listed, or Account Inquiry for the SM?

Mine is less than 2 months old from May 31st so I SMed tonight and hope for the same.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:09 pm

Programs: AOPA
Originally Posted by Happy

Mine is less than 2 months old from May 31st so I SMed tonight and hope for the same.
Just points, no annual fee.

Due to the card act they can't really raise the annual fee from $0 for 12 month.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by teddy25
Just points, no annual fee.

Due to the card act they can't really raise the annual fee from $0 for 12 month.
That is right. I forgot bout the CARD act.

I sent an SM using Other Inquiry not Listed and hope for the match.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:32 am

Programs: Delta SM, Jetblue, SPG
Originally Posted by Happy

I used rewards inquiry in the SM. There was no mention of having to pay the annual fee to match bonus and i wouldn't expect it to show up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.