Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Bold, Plus & Cash cards--[Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
08/18/2015--This thread is now archived. Discussion is continued here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-cards-summer-2015-onward.html

30K/$300 Ink Cash card with AF waived first yr.

Chase application status hotline: 800-625-5166
Chase Business Reconsideration: 800-453-9719
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Bold, Plus & Cash cards--[Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by lw7878
I was turned down for the extra 10K. I was approved for the Ink Plus with 60,000 UR points and no AF just two months ago. BTW, I sent the SM for Account Inquiry instead of Reward Inquiry. Here is their reply.

"Thank you for contacting us about your credit card account. We appreciate the opportunity to ensure you receive any promotional offers available for your account.

The new offer provides 70,000 bonus points after spend of $5,000 on purchases in the first three months from the account open date however the offer does not provide an annual fee waiver of $95.00 for the first year. The offer you were booked into is a different offer of 60,000 bonus points after spend of $5,000 on purchases in the first three months and no annual fee in the first year.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the Secure Message Center."
I got the same reply just now. Looks like they figured it out....but some people got it already....what next? call?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:40 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Should I apply for one? I have Ink Plus World Elite MC from two years ago, and 2 month ago I applied for Ink Bold with 60k bonus, and got approved. Now they are issuing Visas, and it's a different product.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:49 pm

Chase Ink Plus - 70,000 offer!

I just got the same automated-seeming denial for the bump... Disappointing. Probably the first time I've ever been less than thrilled with Chase's customer service... If it was enforced uniformly I'd be OK but it seems very hit or miss as to who's getting the bonus and who isn't.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:57 pm

I was turned down for the extra 10K. I was approved for the Ink Plus with 60,000 UR points and no AF just two months ago. BTW, I sent the SM for Account Inquiry instead of Reward Inquiry. Here is their reply.

"Thank you for contacting us about your credit card account. We appreciate the opportunity to ensure you receive any promotional offers available for your account.

The new offer provides 70,000 bonus points after spend of $5,000 on purchases in the first three months from the account open date however the offer does not provide an annual fee waiver of $95.00 for the first year. The offer you were booked into is a different offer of 60,000 bonus points after spend of $5,000 on purchases in the first three months and no annual fee in the first year.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the Secure Message Center."
+1
Old Jul 26, 2014, 7:08 am
formerly ffactoryxx

I sell stuff on eBay and art forums occasionally and also collect art to sell to but new prints I want. It's not much and only a few hundred a year. In addition I put a lot of my corporate jobs company expenses on personal credit card such as client lunches, cell phone, events that I submit for reimbursement. Can I use this code as a sole proprietor and any expenses on this I want?
Old Jul 26, 2014, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Does anyone know the ability to churn this card?
I have numerous holding companies I use for different ventures. What I've heard is I can get a new card for each EIN even though I'm using my personal SSN as well and I will be able to get the bonus points.
Any truth in this?
Old Jul 26, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: UA, AA, BA, DL
does anyone know when this offer expires?
Old Jul 26, 2014, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by krazieman
Does anyone know the ability to churn this card?
I have numerous holding companies I use for different ventures. What I've heard is I can get a new card for each EIN even though I'm using my personal SSN as well and I will be able to get the bonus points.
Any truth in this?
Yes, people have reported receiving bonuses from multiple Ink apps for their different business entities.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 1:45 pm

I also got this message. To my understanding, If you really need the extra 10,000 pts, you can reply to agree to pay the $95 annual fee. For me, it does not worth it.

Old Jul 26, 2014, 3:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by bulletin2007
I also got this message. To my understanding, If you really need the extra 10,000 pts, you can reply to agree to pay the $95 annual fee. For me, it does not worth it.
Nope, it is not possible to change a AF waived card to an AF charged card until after 12 months...Illegal practice now due to Card Act
Old Jul 26, 2014, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by skibum7732
Nope, it is not possible to change a AF waived card to an AF charged card until after 12 months...Illegal practice now due to Card Act

So it seems trying to get the extra sign up bonus miles via SM is now a dead end.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It has been over 36 hours but I have not gotten reply to either SM - first one sent to Other Inquiry, second one sent to Reward Inquiry. No reply for either.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 8:57 pm

Programs: Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Happy
It has been over 36 hours but I have not gotten reply to either SM - first one sent to Other Inquiry, second one sent to Reward Inquiry. No reply for either.
Same as it has been almost 48 hours.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum
Same.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Of course it's worth it. At an absolute minimum, UR points are worth 1 cpp (statement credit). So in the worst case scenario, you come up $5 by paying $95 for 10k UR points. Of course, if you know what you're doing, you do a lot better than $5.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.