Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have you been blacklisted by Chase?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2013, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA Citi Visa and Amex, Citi AA Biz, SPG, Amex Green, Zync, Discover It (Starbucks Gold) HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by augustus21
A charge off occurs when the creditor declares that a debt is unlikely to be repaid, usually after 6 months (but the debit is still legally valid). This is usually when it is sent to collections. It's perhaps one of the worst things you can ever do to your credit.
My credit has since recovered, I was in my early 20's. And have received credit from many companies, Amex, Wells Fargo, Citi, GE etc...however Chase has sold the debt, so I'm not sure why they are still holding a grudge. Besides the 'state of limitation' on a old collection account has since expired....

It would be nice to get the PRC or Slate or CSP. I guess I'll try again when I'm 60 another 25 years.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA Citi Visa and Amex, Citi AA Biz, SPG, Amex Green, Zync, Discover It (Starbucks Gold) HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jatink129
12 years! Woah!
How often have you tried reapplying? Did you try going the checking account way?

And what exactly is a "charge off?"
This was answered in another post, but its when they declare that they would likely not get paid ever again for a balance. I've had checking accounts, but have never applied for any credit card when I had an active checking account.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:28 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
if you get blacklisted do you have a chance to transfer the UR points?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by caGALINDO
If you actually get blacklisted, I don't think so. The only thing I've heard of is Chase sometimes later sending a check at the rate of $0.01/UR for whatever points were left in your account.
Old May 8, 2013, 2:35 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Citislave
I was banned from Chase back about 7 years ago. At the time, I was young and crazy. Had between 5 and 10 cards open (United, Amazon, Continental, etc.) at the same time. Was only churning, and was paying everything on time. Chase closed all the accounts at once, and never explained anything.
Every year or so, I applied for a card just to see, but always received a denial with "previous unsatisfactory relationship with the bank".
Two years ago, I filed a complaint with one of the agencies. I was contacted by Chase Executive. After two calls, the lady still would not tell me what the problem was (other than churning, I know...). Her last words were "you're free to apply in the future" but that I should not hope much.
So be careful not to mess up with Chase!
Otherwise, never had a problem opening checking accounts with them.
May I ask what agency did you file a complaint to? Thanks.
Old May 12, 2013, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by caGALINDO
nope.
Old May 12, 2013, 2:49 pm

hmm sounds familiar

Originally Posted by texasguy77
My credit has since recovered, I was in my early 20's. And have received credit from many companies, Amex, Wells Fargo, Citi, GE etc...however Chase has sold the debt, so I'm not sure why they are still holding a grudge. Besides the 'state of limitation' on a old collection account has since expired....

It would be nice to get the PRC or Slate or CSP. I guess I'll try again when I'm 60 another 25 years.
My charge-off was about 17 years ago or so. A combination of poor financial management skills, underemployment, living off the credit card, and--yes--failing to pay it back in a timely fashion finally destroyed my credit. But like the Six Million Dollar Man, I had the technology and I rebuilt it. For better or worse I even payed the charge-off that had been sold to a debt collector (it was, for me, the ethical thing to do). Now my credit score (at last check) is above 800, but Chase considers me persona non grata. I tried twice to get a miles card from them and got the derogatory relationship message. But you know what? I just don't care anymore. There are other banks, other options.

The great irony is I currently have an active Chase Slate card that I pay off in full every month. It must be because Chase bought out the bank that issued my former card.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 3:32 pm

Ever recived from Chase reason: "previous unsatisfasctory relationship"

Where person had perfect pay as due record with Chase and every other creditor and has current FICO of 776 and for the last several years always over 735. Prior Chase cards were all paid off on time and closed by customer. Current credit reports flat out and clearly state : "all payment as due, never late." No prior hassle with Chase.

Last edited by best; Dec 4, 2013 at 9:04 pm
Old Nov 3, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
I guess how much manufacture spending was done?
Old Nov 3, 2013, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by best
Where person had pefect pay as due record with Chase and every other creditor and has current FICO of 776 and for the last several years always over 735. Prior Chase cards were all paid off on time and closed by customer. Current credit reports flat out and clearly state : "all payment as due, never late." No prior hassle with Chase.
No prior trouble with Chase and suffered with this, is the first time I recall being reported in this forum.

If this is true, then there may be some mis-coded things in Chase internal system. Though mis-coding is more prevailing with Citi, and very rarely heard happened with Chase. AMEX has had some ID mixed up in the past and caused a lot of grievance among cardholders suffered inexplicable shutdowns only to find out months later that AMEX had mixed up people's IDs. How that could even happen was beyond anyone's understanding.

Did he binge on CGCs?
Old Nov 3, 2013, 4:01 pm
In memoriam

I know couple of folks who have gotten this unsatisfactory thing from Chase. It was not mfg spend that did it.

In each case it was related to their having not paid Chase many years ago--over ten years ago.

While a non-pay that old cannot legally be on your credit report turns out that the time limit on non-pay reporting does not apply to internal bank records. So, while a long ago issue with Chase is not reported to other banks Chase still knows about it and can ding you for it.

But, there are ways around this.

One is to go to Chase branch and open a checking account (assuming you are not on Chexsystems). The rep who helps you open the account will see on their screen a list of special, pre-approved offers for you. They may not be the best offers around, but, taking one and paying the card on time for a few months will go a long way towards making Chase happier with you.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by biggestbopper
I know couple of folks who have gotten this unsatisfactory thing from Chase. It was not mfg spend that did it.

In each case it was related to their having not paid Chase many years ago--over ten years ago.

While a non-pay that old cannot legally be on your credit report turns out that the time limit on non-pay reporting does not apply to internal bank records. So, while a long ago issue with Chase is not reported to other banks Chase still knows about it and can ding you for it.

But, there are ways around this.

One is to go to Chase branch and open a checking account (assuming you are not on Chexsystems). The rep who helps you open the account will see on their screen a list of special, pre-approved offers for you. They may not be the best offers around, but, taking one and paying the card on time for a few months will go a long way towards making Chase happier with you.
Has this been tested? Or just a speculation?
Old Nov 3, 2013, 4:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Why try to "get around" a bank which has fired you and doesn't want you as a customer? Take your business elsewhere.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 4:17 pm

Friend just said that they got same reason letter from Chase, opened a Chase checking account with over $10,000 and then they were approved. Ever heard of that?
Old Nov 3, 2013, 4:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by Often1
Why try to "get around" a bank which has fired you and doesn't want you as a customer? Take your business elsewhere.
Because you want to be a customer and would enjoy very nice sign-up and category bonuses?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.