Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have you been blacklisted by Chase?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2013, 7:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum
Just thinking out loud here...

OP has not pushed the envelope and doesn't know what caused the account closures.

Perhaps Chase made a mistake. Perhaps Chase is crossing your identity with someone else with the same name. Worse yet, identity theft and someone is using OPs identity and has started making a mess of the OPs credit.

The OP should order up a credit report and start looking for abnormalities.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by alben
Just thinking out loud here...

OP has not pushed the envelope and doesn't know what caused the account closures.

Perhaps Chase made a mistake. Perhaps Chase is crossing your identity with someone else with the same name. Worse yet, identity theft and someone is using OPs identity and has started making a mess of the OPs credit.

The OP should order up a credit report and start looking for abnormalities.

They had to make a mistake because identity theft wasnt the problem i have a 3 bureau alert on my credit report.I have excellent credit but chase will not tell me why im banned.Now that i think about it i ordered some madonna tickets when she was performing in yankee stadium for 1700 bucks so i had insurance on the tickets and i decided not to go through with it because my friend i was going with was making excuses on when he was going to pay me back so i got a refund on the 1700 bucks which was front row seats.I dont remember getting miles from it but i dont think thats illegal per the terms as i didnt touch any points if it was given.That's all i can come up with.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Mod. hat on...

Less stop the personal attacks and snide/rude comments. I've deleted a few unnecessary posts & I'll close this if things don't calm down. Please, let's get along and try to be helpful. Otherwise, do NOT post.

Mod. hat off...
Old Feb 24, 2013, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

I'm the op of this thread who just wants to know about any other blacklisted people and all im getting is rude comments and people with sarcastic comments which has nothing to do with getting blacklisted.I hope people stay in topic and if they cant why are they even on this thread if they dont have anything good to say.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jada135
I'm the op of this thread who just wants to know about any other blacklisted people and all im getting is rude comments and people with sarcastic comments which has nothing to do with getting blacklisted.I hope people stay in topic and if they cant why are they even on this thread if they dont have anything good to say.
Information is a two-way street --- if you really didn't do anything wrong to get blacklisted, it's a different solution than if you did do something.

Did you run up high balances on a 0% Slate? Did you make multiple 1¢ purchases on Freedom with Chase Exclusives, getting a 1000% return?

Take note that these aren't "bashing" questions.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amolkold
Information is a two-way street --- if you really didn't do anything wrong to get blacklisted, it's a different solution than if you did do something.

Did you run up high balances on a 0% Slate? Did you make multiple 1¢ purchases on Freedom with Chase Exclusives, getting a 1000% return?

Take note that these aren't "bashing" questions.
i appreciate your questions and i had a slate but never used it once and i didnt do any 1 cent purchases as it was my everyday spend card for supermarkets,airlines ,starbucks that was all i use to spend on.I never abused there program not that i knew how to back then anyways.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 9:38 pm

United Mileage Club

Um... is the whole canceling the United Mileage Club = Chase ban thing a reality across the board? I was planning on canceling mine when the 1 year was up, but I guess I'll pay if it meant that I'd get banned from Chase...
Old Feb 24, 2013, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by Andy Big Bear
It's been noted by other flyertalk members previously. I don't know when it started, and I don't know if that alone triggers it. If you are a Chase Private Client I doubt they would ban your credit card for cancelling it. Also, there's another score you don't see on your credit report that measures your program loyalty. That may be another factor. Lifehacker published an article about getting at those scores a while back, but I don't have the link handy.
Can anyone find the link about this loyalty score? I'm very interested...
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA Citi Visa and Amex, Citi AA Biz, SPG, Amex Green, Zync, Discover It (Starbucks Gold) HHonors Gold
blacklisted

I've been blacklisted over 12 years for a charge off and every application has returned the same thing 'derogatory relationship with bank' I've given up with Chase.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:57 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by texasguy77
I've been blacklisted over 12 years for a charge off and every application has returned the same thing 'derogatory relationship with bank' I've given up with Chase.
12 years! Woah!
How often have you tried reapplying? Did you try going the checking account way?

And what exactly is a "charge off?"
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:02 am

Programs: Work in progress.
Unfortunately you're just misinterpreting our sentiments here.
When we ask you if you did something...that's not an accusation. It's just a question.
There a lot of things that you could have done that YOU thought was nothing major...but could have been a big deal.
Especially since you say that back then you didn't know anything about miles and manufacturing spend etc.
Maybe you were doing something that you didn't think twice about...but could have been a huge flag.

Meanwhile, right now we're kinda flying blind. We don't know what you did/didn't do.
Everytime we ask if you did this or that or didn't do this...doesn't mean that we're accusing you of something.

We're just trying to help and it's annoying to have you scream back at us.

Cheers. ^
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:23 am
Original Poster

i been blacklisted for 2 years and a half i wouldnt care except i want the southwest cards.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 8:02 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
i been blacklisted for 2 years and a half i wouldnt care except i want the southwest cards.
if it's that important to you to have a SW card I would suggest you have your attorney write a simply letter to Chase "just inquiring". Frankly no card is worth all this trouble. There are always work arounds if points mean that much
Old Feb 25, 2013, 8:14 am

Never heard that canceling before free year is up gets you banned. Is this only referring to the UA Club Card with $450 fee? It seems pretty silly to force you to keep it a second year at that price if you don't use it enough.

Also can someone confirm that canceling any other card with an annual fee waived first year before paying the fee for the second year doesn't hurt you.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 8:36 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by terpfan101
Never heard that canceling before free year is up gets you banned. Is this only referring to the UA Club Card with $450 fee? It seems pretty silly to force you to keep it a second year at that price if you don't use it enough.

Also can someone confirm that canceling any other card with an annual fee waived first year before paying the fee for the second year doesn't hurt you.
i think this thread has run it's course

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.