Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase application pending review [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
The thread (and wiki) you should be reading instead of this one is Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present. Do yourself a favor and go there now.
Print Wikipost

Chase application pending review [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2015, 11:46 pm

Applied for two cards. Both pending.

Have only 3 new credit card accounts this year with a 750 FICO. Maybe they don't like people submitting multiple applications simultaneously?
Old Jun 2, 2015, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Light
Applied for two cards. Both pending.

Have only 3 new credit card accounts this year with a 750 FICO. Maybe they don't like people submitting multiple applications simultaneously?
No, my wife never submitted multiple apps and still got rejected for too many cards.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: Delta Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Diplomat, Hertz Chairman's Square, Avis Preferred Plus
Regarding a "pending review" I submitted an Ink app 5/15. Haven't seen anything yet, should i contact recon or just wait for the thing in the mail first?

How long should I wait?
Old Jun 2, 2015, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by thoiboi
Regarding a "pending review" I submitted an Ink app 5/15. Haven't seen anything yet, should i contact recon or just wait for the thing in the mail first?

How long should I wait?
I don't think there's any harm in calling right now. I would ask for a senior analyst. Maybe you can talk some sense into them if they give you the line about too many cards opened. Let us know how it goes.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 12:50 pm

Another denial

Originally Posted by Long Islander
It would be helpful to get some data points to figure out how many apps is too many. Anyone else want to chime in?
Applied for Chase Freedom today, got a pending status, called and was told too many cards in the last two years. Have CSP and United open, closed a Chase Business recently. That's it. Guessing our low card limit is related to our low reported income...
Old Jun 2, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
I apologize if this seems like a silly question-

Any data points on whether a new checking/bank account would count toward the "too many new accounts" denials people have been getting? Or is it purely credit cards? My assumption is "no", but since their standard seems unusually strict, I figured it is worth asking.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Bretmd

Any data points on whether a new checking/bank account would count toward the "too many new accounts" denials people have been getting? Or is it purely credit cards? My assumption is "no", but since their standard seems unusually strict, I figured it is worth asking.
The language in the denial letter was very clear: Too many credit cards opened in the last 2 years. As a caveat, I should note my wife had no other credit applications. On the other hand, others have also gotten the same verbiage and perhaps they had other credit applications as well as cards. The denial language was not generic, such as, "Too many applications for credit in the last two years."
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by Bretmd

Bank accounts do not show on your CR, so completely irrelevent unless a HP was done. However a HP still would not affect "new accounts"
Old Jun 3, 2015, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by travelfreaks
Bank accounts do not show on your CR, so completely irrelevent unless a HP was done. However a HP still would not affect "new accounts"
What is the difference between a hard pull and a soft pull and how do you know which one they did?
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:36 am
RNE

Originally Posted by AtlantaAngel
I had the same thing happen - applied for Freedom card last week. Got a "pending application" so called recon line and was told they could not approve me b/c I had opened too many credit cards in the last 2 years. I have 3 total credit cards with Chase (with a total credit line of only 30K since I lowered all my lines). My credit score is 829. I checked to see how many cards I have opened in the last two years and it is 6 (2 of which were with Chase).
Good to know lowering your credit lines got your application auto-approved. Wait. What? It didn't? How could that be???
Old Jun 3, 2015, 9:31 am

Denial for too many credit cards opened in the last 2 years. The agent gave a number of 10 personal cards + 3 AU (why would AU be considered anyways?), which I said was clearly not excessive for 2 years, but there is no reconsideration or challenge option.

Guess, no more Chase for me. I only have 2 open chase accounts, and this was for the Freedom card, which I have never had.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by vrbaba
Denial for too many credit cards opened in the last 2 years. The agent gave a number of 10 personal cards + 3 AU (why would AU be considered anyways?), which I said was clearly not excessive for 2 years, but there is no reconsideration or challenge option.

Guess, no more Chase for me. I only have 2 open chase accounts, and this was for the Freedom card, which I have never had.
Did you speak with a senior credit analyst? Do you have a Chase checking or savings account?
Old Jun 3, 2015, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by Long Islander
Did you speak with a senior credit analyst? Do you have a Chase checking or savings account?
Did not get transferred to another analyst. Not sure if he was senior.

Yes, have chase checking+savings.

EDIT: To add FICO of 800+
Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:27 am

[QUOTE=vrbaba;24912487]
Yes, have chase checking+savings. QUOTE]

And still you got denied. That's harsh.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: United 1K, American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold
Chase Freedom denied

Because the Freedom bonus sign-up increased recently, I submitted my application for it last night. I called recon today and the analyst said it was declined.

780+ FICO. I have CSP and United Club active with Chase and pay on time. Only six credit cards within the last two years (starting from around December 2013). No apps within the last six months.

The analyst said there is no chance for recon. Now I have an extra wasted hard pull on my inquiry. I'm really bummed.

*Anything* I can do whatsoever? Except garden until next year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.