Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase application pending review [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
The thread (and wiki) you should be reading instead of this one is Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present. Do yourself a favor and go there now.
Print Wikipost

Chase application pending review [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2012, 5:11 pm

approved after 1 day of further reviewed

I called the reconsideration number as suggested, and was informed that the card had been approved. He said there was no immediate approval because of the time required for verification involving both the Chase and BA computer systems. However, my wife was approved instantly, and we both had specified existing BAEC accounts on our form. I suppose it's possible that the Chase system initiates a request to BA for confirmation of the FF account that may time out due to network traffic or some other issue that delays the response, and then gives the "further review" message rather than waiting indefinitely. On the other hand, my last app with Chase was only about 4 months ago, so maybe that raised a flag.

By the way mia, I didn't understand how dropping a Chase card would have hurt my chances in terms of the overall credit they were willing to extend. I had just reduced my overall line of credit by half by cancelling the other card, so wouldn't that have helped if the issue was how much total credit they were willing to give me?

Os
Old Sep 4, 2012, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA
I'm new to FT and the credit card thing, so I'll just add one data point. Applied for Chase UA explorer 2 weeks ago and was instantly approved. Applied for SPG amex on Sat (9/1) and was instantly approved. Applied for Chase Sapphire preferred later on Sat and got "decision pending". I was going to call the reconsideration line later this week, as per advice on FT, but I just got an email saying that the card is on its way. Maybe there was an issue applying over the holiday weekend?

Anyway, I know I'm not going about my applications in the most efficient fashion, but I'm still learning my way. Thanks to all those who have posted on this and other threads, I have learned a lot from you. I hope to be able to add more, once I have more valuable experience.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 1:16 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by Osbaldistone
I just applied for the Chase BA 50k card, and at the end it said my app required "further review". My CR is very good, and this is the first time I haven't received instant approval for a card. My wife then applied and was instantly accepted, although her gross income is quite a bit less than mine and we should have similar CRs.
I had a similar situation when applying for the Chase BA card. I've been a Chase card holder for 7 years (and haven't applied for another Chase card since), have an excellent CR and good income. After reading a few threads on FT, I decided to wait it out to see if I'd get a letter rather than rocking the boat by calling the reconsideration line.

Chase ended up calling me within 48 hours from their fraud department about a recent application. I called back the number through the front end, and it turns out they simply wanted to verify the address where I had told them to send the card since it was different than the one they had on file for my current account. They were able to approve the application over the phone after reconciling the addresses. ^
Old Mar 3, 2013, 7:37 pm

Chase cards - Pending x3 - Now what?

Went to start what was going to be my first App-O-Rama today...but I started and ended with Chase.

Business (an actual LLC with significant income) - applied for Chase Ink Bold and Ink Plus - both pending.

Personal (800+ credit score) - applied for the 50k+5k point promo for the Chase United Explorer card - pending.

SO...I plan on calling tomorrow - but want to know the best way to ask for reconsideration since I applied for 3 cards. It seems like the number is the same for all 3 cards (800-453-9719), and since I don't have a reference number, they'll see that I'm looking for 2+1 cards.

So, looking for help from the FT community. Help, please?
Old Mar 3, 2013, 7:54 pm

Correction - I'm aware that the consumer phone number is different (888-270-2127)

I'm also aware that I wasn't denied - and that I should lead with asking about the status and THEN try pushing for immediate approval.

But I'm concerned about the 3x cards I applied for at the same time, that I'd like to get approved for at the same time.

THANK YOU FT!
Old Mar 3, 2013, 8:19 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by lf23
Correction - I'm aware that the consumer phone number is different (888-270-2127)

I'm also aware that I wasn't denied - and that I should lead with asking about the status and THEN try pushing for immediate approval.

But I'm concerned about the 3x cards I applied for at the same time, that I'd like to get approved for at the same time.

THANK YOU FT!
Why did you apply for a 3rd card when you got a pending on the first two?
Old Mar 3, 2013, 8:21 pm

1) Call in asking for the status of your application. That's all - don't go into details. If needed, and they ask for it, you can say you are doing it to see if there was anything more you needed to provide with the application.

2) As they look it over, they may or may not have any questions about your application. If they do, and they ask why you applied for multiple cards, tell them your own reason, which might be something like this: "I applied for a personal card and 2 business cards yesterday. Personal and business are separate for tax purposes. The business ones are different because I need to separate them by purpose as my business might be getting involved in more things, which need to be kept separate for financial tracking."

I don't think you'll have an issue. At most, they might just try and talk you into getting approved for just 1 of the business cards, which isn't all that bad either.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by DC777Fan
Why did you apply for a 3rd card when you got a pending on the first two?
It's possible he submitted them all at once. Just a guess.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 7:31 am

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
I think you should have continued with your non Chase apps since you will be on the 90 day clock now regardless of whether you get the Chase cards approved. Did you plan on applying for more than those 3 cards? With a 800 score and this being your first appo you should be able to get a few easy victories without even having to call reconsideration...
Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:06 am

Programs: US Gold & AA Lifetime Gold
Chase "pending" Message

I currently have WN Primer (nov 12) and WN Biz (jan 13). Today I applied for Sapphire Preferred and got the pending 30 day message.

I already know all about the whole angle moving credit from an existing card etc etc so I am fully prepared to play that card if necessary .

My question is, is it okay to call recon today or do you recommend some other wait period before calling? Have an international trip on March 16 and would love to have the card in hand so I would like to get the things moving but also don't want to drop the ball either. Thoughts?
Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:08 am
BCF

Programs: AA, US, WN, Marriot, Hilton
Originally Posted by Maz67
I currently have WN Primer (nov 12) and WN Biz (jan 13). Today I applied for Sapphire Preferred and got the pending 30 day message.

I already know all about the whole angle moving credit from an existing card etc etc so I am fully prepared to play that card if necessary .

My question is, is it okay to call recon today or do you recommend some other wait period before calling? Have an international trip on March 16 and would love to have the card in hand so I would like to get the things moving but also don't want to drop the ball either. Thoughts?
I would call now, you have a good reason.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:13 am

My wife got the SP last month and has already hit her $2000 spend.

A) Does it help or hurt to also mention she has an SP and loves it or no?

B) My offer was the $3000 spend. If I was to mention my wife and her recent $2000 offer, any chance they do a "spouse match" ?
Old Mar 8, 2013, 11:08 am

Follow up:

The good news.....I was just getting ready to call the SP recon line but just for the heck of it I signed into my Chase WN account and there was the new card. CL of $10K.

My only concern is that online it is labeled as "Sapphire Card" with no mention of the word "Preferred" which is what I had applied for. Does Chase play the whole Barclay US Air card game where they approve you for a lower tier card without asking first or is "Sapphire Card" a term they generically use for both Sapphire cards? Thanks!
Old Mar 8, 2013, 12:43 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Maz67
...it is labeled as "Sapphire Card" with no mention of the word "Preferred"...
This is normal.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 12:58 pm

Thanks Mia,

Any experience and/or thoughts on the probability of Chase matching the $2000 spend my wife got last month? She had been targeted via mail. Obviously a 2K spend would be better than the 3K I was just approved for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.