Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:59 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by AwardBee
Is it still the case that the "free night" certificate only comes at your 1st anniversary, i.e. no free night during the first year of having the card?
Yes, the annual renewal bonus still comes at the point of the annual renewal.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 7:05 pm

Hi, noobie question but I was wondering if you can book for someone else under their name or does it have to be you who check in? Thanks
Old Jun 20, 2014, 1:11 pm

they told me it would take 8 weeks after i spent $1000 for me to get the 80k points. ..darn it
Old Jun 20, 2014, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by mommy55
they told me it would take 8 weeks after i spent $1000 for me to get the 80k points. ..darn it
at least you can get the platinum status sooner if you send them a secure message, and ask if they can contact IHG directly ... perhaps they can give out the 80k sooner that way too.

That's what I did to get the platinum status sooner.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:37 am

my card got approved and will come in the mail sometime this week.

I will report back on which sign-up bonus I receive - and when the Platinum status is applied to my IHG account.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:50 pm

I was approved for this card Friday. I cancelled the IHG Visa just before the MC came out so it seems I should be good for the bonus.

I used the link in the 80k Wiki

Chases reply to my SM confirming 80K

Our records indicate, the enrollment bonus you enrolled
with allows you to earn 80,000 points after the first
$1,000 in spending within the first 3 months the account
is open. After qualifying, please allow six to eight weeks
for the enrollment bonus points to post to the account.

Please keep in mind that all enrollment incentives are
reserved for new IHG® Rewards Club credit card members
only. This means we reserve the right to withhold adding
any enrollment points if you have previously received them
on the same product on a previous date.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by martabakeju
at least you can get the platinum status sooner if you send them a secure message, and ask if they can contact IHG directly ... perhaps they can give out the 80k sooner that way too.

That's what I did to get the platinum status sooner.
just want to confirm that platinum status is applied to your IHG account after 8 weeks, but you can SM chase to have them contact IHG to get the platinum status sooner?

i am looking to apply for the card, but need the platinum status sooner than later so not sure if timing will work out for me. thanks in advance.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by ang2383
just want to confirm that platinum status is applied to your IHG account after 8 weeks, but you can SM chase to have them contact IHG to get the platinum status sooner?

i am looking to apply for the card, but need the platinum status sooner than later so not sure if timing will work out for me. thanks in advance.
im already plat. ive been with ihg for 3 years. i just want the points
Old Jun 24, 2014, 10:12 am

im already plat. ive been with ihg for 3 years. i just want the points
Sorry if my post was confusing, I am asking how long it takes for the platinum status to reflect on your account since I plan to apply for it too and need the status sooner than later. Thanks.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 12:12 pm

Sorry if my post was confusing, I am asking how long it takes for the platinum status to reflect on your account since I plan to apply for it too and need the status sooner than later. Thanks.
the standard response from Chase is 8 weeks, but you can SM them and ask for the platinum status sooner, which what I did and I received it in a few days. They said they had to send an email to IHG to do so.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by martabakeju
the standard response from Chase is 8 weeks, but you can SM them and ask for the platinum status sooner, which what I did and I received it in a few days. They said they had to send an email to IHG to do so.
Thanks Martabakeju!
Old Jun 24, 2014, 3:27 pm

i got my platinum status and 80k points 3,4 days after my first statement closed. I met the spending requirement as soon as i got the card.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by Pecan Pie
i got my platinum status and 80k points 3,4 days after my first statement closed. I met the spending requirement as soon as i got the card.
good to know! thanks! i just applied and i hope my status hits in the same time frame as yours.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
Do you get the 5x points when you charge your stay at Venetian/Palazzo to the card?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by filelover
Do you get the 5x points when you charge your stay at Venetian/Palazzo to the card?
That's a negative for me. Only 1X point from Palazzo. Seems the alliance resort doesn't count as an IHG property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.