Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2014, 3:46 pm

related?

Wonder if the couple reports saying it's going through as 60k and the fact that it's now a MC are related?

I would think between the rebranding to IHG AND the fact that they changed from Visa to MC bodes well for churning.

In the last year or so, people were able to get both bonuses on Sapphire cards by holding the one they were discontinuing (Visa?), and then applying for the other one all well within the standard "at least 24 months since applying" standard churn yardstick for Chase.

So what's the deal with the MC cards-- those of us that hold this, are we going to get converted? If so, I may take my chances and try for a 2nd.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by aw82
Chase very regularly grants requests for higher bonuses.

Just send an SM saying you signed up through that link and they'll probably match it.
But the page that link points to makes no mention of the 80K....I should try to convince them I thought it was an 80K promotion because the URL had "80K" in it?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 4:56 pm

Yes! Or just say you know someone tyat got the 80k offer.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
Yeah, it's easier to talk them into approval, than to overturn a denial. Plus you'll get the card sooner that way. Oh, and not spend the time in between doing unnecessary worrying.
I wish that worked for me, but I was denied. Told I couldn't get the hyatt card because I got 2 chase cards within 30 days(IHG, and Marriott). Guess Ill try to reapply at the end of this month
Old Mar 6, 2014, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
Originally Posted by teammjs
Wonder if the couple reports saying it's going through as 60k and the fact that it's now a MC are related?

I would think between the rebranding to IHG AND the fact that they changed from Visa to MC bodes well for churning.

In the last year or so, people were able to get both bonuses on Sapphire cards by holding the one they were discontinuing (Visa?), and then applying for the other one all well within the standard "at least 24 months since applying" standard churn yardstick for Chase.

So what's the deal with the MC cards-- those of us that hold this, are we going to get converted? If so, I may take my chances and try for a 2nd.
Previously I was able to see on the IHG Rewards website a note that I should expect to receive a new rebranded IHG Rewards credit card in 2014. My understanding as to why they are waiting to reissue existing card members with the new IHG Rewards branding is because of the conversion to a Mastercard card. As such, I am expecting to receive a replacement IHG Rewards Mastercard card at some point in 2014, and would take a guess that it will be in the next few months. As such, if you are thinking of applying for the Mastercard to get the signup bonus, I would recommend you apply shortly because I think everyone will have an IHG Rewards Mastercard card mailed out by years end.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by davie355
I see this card is now a MasterCard. If I had the Visa in the past and canceled, would I be eligible again for the bonus points?
Originally Posted by teammjs

I haven't seen evidence that you can hold both a Visa & MC version of the same Chase card simultaneously. That said, I can attest that my DW applied for & received the CSP MC about a year after cxl'ing her CSP Visa, and got the second bonus with no difficulty. Give that Chase appears to treat MC & Visa cards as separate products, this does indeed bode well for churning the IHG card in its new MC incarnation, even if the offer is down to 60K.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 10:39 am

My IHG card just arrived today and it's a Visa signature(not a mastercard). With all this 60k talk Im wondering if I should call to verify that I have the 80k offer on my card..
Old Mar 7, 2014, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by igneous
My IHG card just arrived today and it's a Visa signature(not a mastercard). With all this 60k talk Im wondering if I should call to verify that I have the 80k offer on my card..
I Believe teammjs is wrong --- all chase cards are now Visa
Old Mar 7, 2014, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by SPLP007
I Believe teammjs is wrong --- all chase cards are now Visa
I beg to differ: https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...edit-card.aspx

Unless someone knows of a live 80K link, I think we'll need to have the mods tweak the thread title to "60K (was 80K) etc." Bueller?

Last edited by beltway; Mar 7, 2014 at 12:30 pm
Old Mar 7, 2014, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by beltway

Unless someone knows of a live 80K link, I think we'll need to have the mods tweak the thread title to "60K (was 80K) etc." Bueller?

As you can tell --I was wrong -- TKS

happy about it--- as I now will try for 2nd card

did it just change since someone in above post said he just recvd the visa card
Old Mar 7, 2014, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by SPLP007
As you can tell --I was wrong -- TKS

happy about it--- as I now will try for 2nd card

did it just change since someone in above post said he just recvd the visa card
Yes, changed within past couple of days, it appears.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 1:04 pm

Well, at least the MC logo and IHG logo are color-coordinated.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 10:39 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
I haven't seen evidence that you can hold both a Visa & MC version of the same Chase card simultaneously. That said, I can attest that my DW applied for & received the CSP MC about a year after cxl'ing her CSP Visa, and got the second bonus with no difficulty. Give that Chase appears to treat MC & Visa cards as separate products, this does indeed bode well for churning the IHG card in its new MC incarnation, even if the offer is down to 60K.
I once had both Visa and MC Freedom
It looks like the IHG Rewards Club Select MC card is very new, and likely to be a different product, this is very good. 60k is good, but I also love $49 for 1 night anywhere in the world.
If anyone is applying for the MC version while having the Visa, please post your datapoint.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:47 pm

I applied the card using the link in this thread on 02/28, get approved through reconsideration line the 03/01. Have not received the card yet, but is told by SM that got 80k as signing bonus.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This indeed is a puzzling development - why would Chase offer a MC version when it is reportedly going to be a 100% Visa shop?

Or the 100% Visa shop is only related to Chase own in-house cards, but not including the affinity cards?

Would be interesting to see folks who recently have the Visa version to apply the MC card - if the bonus would be awarded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.