Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2014, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by sweetpea1813
Does anyone know how quickly the sign-up bonus points will post to your IHG account after you pay off your first $1,000 in spend? Looking to book a room with points, and there is a limited number of rooms left during our desired travel period. Thanks!
Welcome to FT!

The answer to your question is in the wiki at the top of this page (and every page in this thread). It's always a good idea to read a thread's wiki for FAQs before posting a question.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 2:44 pm

Thanks so much for your prompt response. Yes, I saw that on the wiki. I guess I was hoping for other people's personal experience. I just opened the card, and the billing period doesn't end until May, but I made payment as soon as I hit the $1,000 spend. I am hoping not to wait until May (close of the statement) to receive my points. I didn't know whether the points would post within a shorter period after payment, even though the billing period does not end for 1.5 months.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 3:20 pm
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
I can confirm that using the DF01 link resulted in a 80K sign up bonus... at least according to the CS rep I talked to
Old Mar 21, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sweetpea1813
Thanks so much for your prompt response. Yes, I saw that on the wiki. I guess I was hoping for other people's personal experience. I just opened the card, and the billing period doesn't end until May, but I made payment as soon as I hit the $1,000 spend. I am hoping not to wait until May (close of the statement) to receive my points. I didn't know whether the points would post within a shorter period after payment, even though the billing period does not end for 1.5 months.
Payment has NOTHING to do with when the points earned would be posted.

Your statement date shown online is NOT the actual statement date. For whatever reason, Chase site never is able to show a correct statement date for the FIRST cycle. That date shown online is actually a constantly changing date, i.e. you may see totally different date each time you log in.

Using the phone system you would then find out your real statement date.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
The answer is in the wiki (actually, is the entire wiki) for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...t-pc-visa.html.
I'm not sure how I missed that I was looking in that thread. Thanks!
Old Mar 21, 2014, 6:23 pm

Applied today using the link in wikki - "There is a new Mastercard application". Had to call for approval and confirmed that it is for 80K points after $1K spend.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Campath
Got an email from Chase yesterday stating that they have converted my IHG Visa to a Mastercard and I will be getting the new card soon. This actually works out in my favor because I already have a lot of Visa/Amex cards that I keep long term for improving my age of accounts, but no Mastercard (until now that is).
Hmm, may have to cancel my PC Visa sooner rather than later in this case...
Old Mar 22, 2014, 12:58 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Campath
Got an email from Chase yesterday stating that they have converted my IHG Visa to a Mastercard and I will be getting the new card soon. This actually works out in my favor because I already have a lot of Visa/Amex cards that I keep long term for improving my age of accounts, but no Mastercard (until now that is).
Actually, Grant received a letter from Chase (posted) outlining the change and he has a strategy to deal with the situation here: http://travelwithgrant.com/2014/03/2...more/#comments

I got this letter from Chase alerting me that my Chase IHG Rewards Club Visa will soon be replaced by a Chase IHG Rewards Club World MasterCard. Technically, if you cancel the Visa card, you can sign up and receive the sign up bonus on the MasterCard. It appears that you have to close your Visa before April 1, otherwise you will automatically be issued the MasterCard and miss out on getting another sign up bonus.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Kalboz
Actually, Grant received a letter from Chase (posted) outlining the change and he has a strategy to deal with the situation here: http://travelwithgrant.com/2014/03/2...more/#comments
+1. Received the same notice in a letter as well a few days after the e-mail.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 8:38 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
So is the consensus to cancel this card and then apply for the new one for the bonus points?
Both husband and I have the card and he has been using his lately, I have not although I have paid for the annual fee $49 and have applied the free night to an upcoming stay in May.
There is no guarantee that Chase will approve the new application, although Chase has been good to me in the past with up to 5 credit cards in one year.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Just closed my account. I'm going to reapply for the MC in April and will let you guys know how it turns out.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by RamboAroundTheWorld
Just closed my account. I'm going to reapply for the MC in April and will let you guys know how it turns out.
Same with me.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 5:39 pm

I just cancelled my IHG visa today. I sure hope I will receive a bonus with the new MC
Old Mar 22, 2014, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by metoo
I just cancelled my IHG visa today. I sure hope I will receive a bonus with the new MC
My guess would be no but I hope I'm wrong. Please let us know.

Last edited by philemer; Mar 22, 2014 at 8:55 pm
Old Mar 23, 2014, 12:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by philemer
My guess would be no but I hope I'm wrong. Please let us know.
Why do you think it won't work?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.