Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2011, 3:19 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, BA Avios, AAdvantage
WOOOHOO!

Confirmed! I applied on Saturday using the link below for the 50,000 points and I verified with Chase today and I am getting the 50K.

So I don't know if the mods want to erase the [Expired] word from the title since it is still active.

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/T6...t/octaffiliate
Old Dec 13, 2011, 12:47 pm

Programs: N/A (kid =! no travel :( )
Originally Posted by mmax1
I signed up for the 1.0 card with the free RT offer and and received the 50k points for both a premier and business card.
The premier card with the $100 annual fee correct? Does anyone have any knowledge on the plus card?

thanks
Old Dec 16, 2011, 5:34 am

Programs: OnePass | MillagePlus
Originally Posted by Tavoludo
WOOOHOO!

Confirmed! I applied on Saturday using the link below for the 50,000 points and I verified with Chase today and I am getting the 50K.

So I don't know if the mods want to erase the [Expired] word from the title since it is still active.

Yeah I believe it was first reported here millionmilesecrets.com
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:15 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
I get this message when I click thru on the above mentioned link:

Application Unavailable
Sorry - The Requested Information is Temporarily Unavailable
Please visit www.chasecreditcards.com to view additional offers and apply online. Please note the terms and conditions of these offers may vary.

Note: Telephone and Internet offers may differ.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
The link works for me.

Originally Posted by Tavoludo
WOOOHOO!

Old Dec 16, 2011, 1:12 pm

works for me too. I just signed up as I value this offer as very strong for domestic travel. It costs $69 + $1 to get 50K miles, and its a good deal. My wife did this deal last month and I was hesitant and it went away for a bit, so now that people are getting it still working I jumped all over it.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 3:49 am

My 50K posted this week after the statement closed on the 15th.

Pretty painless process. ^
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by mmax1
I signed up for the 1.0 card with the free RT offer and and received the 50k points for both a premier and business card.
So can we do the whole "2 browser" thing to sign up for the Premier and the Business Plus Card at the same time??? I would really like to double up on this deal. I just cancelled my RR 1.0 card (came with 2 free RT) a month ago.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 3:48 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, BA Avios, AAdvantage
I am very happy to finally give something back to this forum and community, which has given me so much and good advice
Old Dec 21, 2011, 8:41 am
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
My husband was just approved. My own application is going through a review. I suppose because of simultaneous applications. Thanks to all the posters who kept this alive on FT!
Old Dec 24, 2011, 8:31 am

I am kind of new to getting these types of deals on these credit cards. Do I understand this right?
I just applied and was approved for the signature card and 50,000 points and think I understand I will be charged $69 annually for this year beginning when I receive the card and use it. I then will be charged $69 again next Dec for that following year and receive another 3000 points valued around $50.
Also I have these questions:

1) Obviously the 50,000 points is why we got the card but is there a good reason let it "renew" or do many of you cancel the card before then?
2) How soon after receiving the points in your SWA account do you cancel? (This does not effect your point total right?)
3) Is it correct these points last "forever" until I use them even a couple of years down the line?
4) If so, shouldn't I also try to get a business card while it's offered to really stock up on points?
5) Can I use my points to book any available flight any time for myself and/or my wife and kids or even a friend?

Thanks in advance for any info anyone can give me. Your help and patience with me is really appreciated.

Last edited by hjic15102; Dec 24, 2011 at 8:45 am Reason: spelling
Old Dec 24, 2011, 3:03 pm

All 3 in our family applied on 11/10/11 for the Chase SWA 50K card & rec'd immediate approval. Rec'd card on 11/19, got 50K points in early DEC & already spent them on 3 x $500 in fuel gift cards which arrived yesterday. Haven't paid any of the statements yet...they're due mid JAN but will pay the annual fee & keep the card & use it little bit for good part of the year. Gift card for makes best sense in my situation.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 6:01 pm

Programs: OneWorld, Star, SkyTeam
Originally Posted by Hofu
All 3 in our family applied on 11/10/11 for the Chase SWA 50K card & rec'd immediate approval. Rec'd card on 11/19, got 50K points in early DEC & already spent them on 3 x $500 in fuel gift cards which arrived yesterday. Haven't paid any of the statements yet...they're due mid JAN but will pay the annual fee & keep the card & use it little bit for good part of the year. Gift card for makes best sense in my situation.
Mine took 10 days for approval, but that's probably because of all of the recent inquiries
Old Dec 24, 2011, 9:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hjic15102
1) Obviously the 50,000 points is why we got the card but is there a good reason let it "renew" or do many of you cancel the card before then?
2) How soon after receiving the points in your SWA account do you cancel? (This does not effect your point total right?)
3) Is it correct these points last "forever" until I use them even a couple of years down the line?
4) If so, shouldn't I also try to get a business card while it's offered to really stock up on points?
5) Can I use my points to book any available flight any time for myself and/or my wife and kids or even a friend?
1) Depends on if you want to keep earning miles with it. Some cards also give you perks like better luggage allowances, etc. I keep my Citibank AA cards because you can easily get comped the annual fee and it's an easy way to keep you account active.
2) Might as well keep it a full year since you already paid for it. The extra credit can also help your score, and having a card to barter with when applying for another Chase card is helpful
3) I don't remember if SWA has an expiration date, but many airlines do. This means that if you go X period without any activity, they can expire. Activity can be pretty much anything that generates (or uses) a mile. Flights, credit cards, purchasing miles, etc.
4) Yes
5) Yes
Old Dec 25, 2011, 6:58 am

Programs: US, AA, UA, SPG, HHonors, PC
WN points will expire after 18 months if there is no earning activity. Easiest way to earn points is to use the card. Be careful, most airlines will keep your points active with any activity including using points. But WN requires that you earn points to keep them active.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.