Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2011, 8:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by finite7777
Those that got both cards please update as to your getting both bonuses or not thanks
Through the premier card offers in Aug./Sept., I received the 50k bonuses for both my new personal and my new business cards in Sept./Oct. I'm not alone either...look through the posts earlier in this thread, which include the offers from earlier this year.

See Post # 245 for example:

Originally Posted by jelliott04
Just wanted to update.

Received both the 50K for personal card and 50K for business card. Both counted toward my CP renewal.

J
Old Nov 18, 2011, 2:50 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
I'm not sure why this keeps coming up... it's clearly prohibited.

To settle the question definitely, here is the language from the T&Cs:
Thanks for the info. I'm a noob. Everything I know I learned at the Chicago Do.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 4:04 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
Originally Posted by finite7777
I just suffered through the same info on the phone, I asked where does it state that and..it doesn't. There is no mention of "6 months" anywhere, just a reference to "if you have received a similar bonus offer you won't be eligible blahblah".
When I asked about the 6 mo, the operator said it doesn't but they know you won't get the bonus. She even told me they never ran a credit check because they knew I wouldn't get the bonus, which I appreciated.
I didn't want to go any farther so I will wait it out or apply for the next big bonus from Chase.
BTW I have 6 active Chase cc and was going to sacrifice (ha) the British Airways card.
PS I felt that the credit processing department was given orders not to process any applications if there was another Southwest card already in play. A "6 month" unwritten rule.
Chase declined both my wife and I for the Plus card that we applied for in Nov, due to us having the Southwest card already. We applied for our original Southwest cards in Feb when it was RR 1.0 so that is more than 6 months and they indicate that we wouldn't receive the bonus on these new cards since we had already rec'd the bonus before. I had them close my old Southwest card and they approved the new card and I am going to take my chances on getting the bonuses. So 6 months doesn't seem to mean anything either.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 7:07 am

Programs: CO, BA, UA, AA, PC, HH, MARRIOT, HYATT, MR, STARWOOD
Originally Posted by koctail
Chase declined both my wife and I for the Plus card that we applied for in Nov, due to us having the Southwest card already. We applied for our original Southwest cards in Feb when it was RR 1.0 so that is more than 6 months and they indicate that we wouldn't receive the bonus on these new cards since we had already rec'd the bonus before. I had them close my old Southwest card and they approved the new card and I am going to take my chances on getting the bonuses. So 6 months doesn't seem to mean anything either.
This makes me a little anxious about Chase, they have been rock solid and more before this little bump. I hope they don't flake out and turn into (shudder) Citibank.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I applied for the business card and received a I'm sorry letter in the mail. They said I was turned down due to multiple applications. That may be true for me, but not for my business. They did ask me all types of business questions. How much did I net last year. What's my projected for next year. How much did my company gross this year? What about projections for next year? They were interested in my single salary, vs combined family income (which they eventually got around to). The funny thing is that the Mommy_Points blog discussed this a day or 2 ago. @:-)

I called the reconsideration line, and the agent told me I was turned down because Chase gets nervous about multiple sign-ups, and they thought they needed to protect me against fraud.

Went through the usual routine as reported up thread. After being placed on hold a couple of time, Bingo, I was approved. Oh dear. What to do with a combined 100,000 SWA points. Going to check out those gift card redemptions. 20% bonus through mid-December.

dh
Old Nov 22, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: N/A (kid =! no travel :( )
Originally Posted by koctail
Keep us informed I am in the same boat of once having the old RR1.0 card but have already canceled. I fly SW enough that it would be rather nice to get another bonus but I prefer not to have a hard pull if they are just giving me a new card and no bonus.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 9:27 am

Can someone who got both personal and business confirm whether they had 2 credit hits or one?

Also, will someone answer my elementary question - can my fiance use HIS points to book ME a flight?

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 23, 2011, 9:33 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
Originally Posted by ksf45632
Can someone who got both personal and business confirm whether they had 2 credit hits or one?

Also, will someone answer my elementary question - can my fiance use HIS points to book ME a flight?

Thanks in advance!
the points holder can get an award for anyone, doesn't have to be spouse or family...
Old Nov 23, 2011, 9:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ksf45632
They hit me 4x
Old Nov 23, 2011, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Stoughton
They hit me 4x
Eek! For 2 applications? No thanks.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:38 am

I applied for both the personal and business, and after calling the reconsideration line got approved for both.

As most other people, I plan on waiting until Jan 1 to make my purchases just to be safe (even though my closing date is Jan 7).

Now in regards to the remaining 10k points to get the CR...

I know it seems that the best option is to transfer points but unfortunately I do not have enough points that I would like to spare in my other programs (HH, CO, AA). Does anyone know how exactly the CR works? If I get my 100k, book a RT flight, but continue using the card to spend 10k and get the extra 10k points will I still get the CR? In other words, is it cumulative points EARNED in a year, or do you have to actually hit the balance of 110k points at one point in time in your account? Hard to figure out from their website.

Thank you!
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:41 am

Programs: AA, AC, AGR, AS, BA, CX, DL, UA, WN, all non-elite
Originally Posted by ATekk
Does anyone know how exactly the CR works? If I get my 100k, book a RT flight, but continue using the card to spend 10k and get the extra 10k points will I still get the CR? In other words, is it cumulative points EARNED in a year, or do you have to actually hit the balance of 110k points at one point in time in your account? Hard to figure out from their website.
It is cumulative points earned. Burning points doesn't affect your progress towards CP.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:59 am

It seems to me, if you don't spend but a few thousand a month on cards (and are spreading it out amongst several cards), the quickest way to meet spend to get the CP is Amex GC's and SQ. Cost you about $140 for $10k worth of spend, but that $140 is well worth it if you are going to use the CP a lot. Any thoughts on this? This is my plan right now come Jan 1st. Thank you.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 11:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
It seems to me, if you don't spend but a few thousand a month on cards (and are spreading it out amongst several cards), the quickest way to meet spend to get the CP is Amex GC's and SQ. Cost you about $140 for $10k worth of spend, but that $140 is well worth it if you are going to use the CP a lot. Any thoughts on this? This is my plan right now come Jan 1st. Thank you.
Cost is higher unless you go thru something like bc & sq apparently doesn't like heavy use of gc's. (or so it seems from experience others have had. I've not tried it myself)
Old Nov 23, 2011, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Cost is higher unless you go thru something like bc & sq apparently doesn't like heavy use of gc's. (or so it seems from experience others have had. I've not tried it myself)
Yeah...sorry, i'd get the cards from BC to reduce the hit to a little over 1%.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.