Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For later discussion, see the threads starting at May 2015 (now also closed) and January 2017 (current, with updated wiki).
Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:14 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
what a jerk chase has turned into, first i get approved for BA on reconsideratiion for $500 and then like 2 months later i get a letter telling me i was declined on final review and they start slashing CL anyways....
oh and my FICO is 780
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Do you guys check yes for the question about whether you have opened a card within the past 6 mths?
AFAIK, no chase cards give you repeat bonuses or are churnable. But different flavors of cards should each give their own bonus I think.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by show_me_the_points
AFAIK, no chase cards give you repeat bonuses or are churnable.
WN
Old Apr 15, 2010, 12:28 pm

Chase closing dates

I misplaced my LLBean card, called and was sent a replacement (not new, same number), used it, received the bill from Chase the day before the product. Chase had changed the closing date to the date of my purchase.

That happened once before recently with a Chase United card when to waive annual fee for subsequent year, I was asked to use the card five times and the closing date changed to the day of the first purchases. In that case the mail-to billing address also changed (though since payment is BillPay electronic, that likely doesn't matter.)

Sylvia
Old Apr 15, 2010, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold
AFAIK, no chase cards give you repeat bonuses or are churnable. But different flavors of cards should each give their own bonus I think.
I'm needing CO bonus points/miles. Is there any other flavor of Chase card or other that gives CO miles? Maybe an Am Ex that I can move MR points into CO with. Does Chase have a CO Visa card?
Old Apr 16, 2010, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by susiesan
I'm needing CO bonus points/miles. Is there any other flavor of Chase card or other that gives CO miles? Maybe an Am Ex that I can move MR points into CO with. Does Chase have a CO Visa card?
Why do you want a Visa card? Go to CO's home page and apply for the Chase MC for 25K miles. Or, search this forum and MilesBuzz, and you'll find a link for the same card but offering 30K miles.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 11:09 am

Chase won't give me the miles

Originally Posted by philemer
Why do you want a Visa card? Go to CO's home page and apply for the Chase MC for 25K miles. Or, search this forum and MilesBuzz, and you'll find a link for the same card but offering 30K miles.
I already applied for and got the Chase CO MC in Feb. Then I got a letter from Chase in April saying I was not getting the 25K miles because I had a Chase card before. So I canceled the card and am getting the $85 annual fee refunded. That's why I'm looking for another card that gives CO miles.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 12:18 pm

I already applied for and got the Chase CO MC in Feb. Then I got a letter from Chase in April saying I was not getting the 25K miles because I had a Chase card before. So I canceled the card and am getting the $85 annual fee refunded. That's why I'm looking for another card that gives CO miles.
Do the 25K Chase bank account deal. I think that is the last "churnable" thing left, but can only be done once/year. It will probably die soon as well. You can do it all online and register for the mileathon
Old Apr 16, 2010, 12:48 pm

Do the 25K Chase bank account deal. I think that is the last "churnable" thing left, but can only be done once/year. It will probably die soon as well. You can do it all online and register for the mileathon
I can probably park $1500 here for a few months to open the account with no fees then once the miles post close the account. I have to read up on the fine points of doing it all online as there are no Chase branch offices anywhere near Kansas City.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 5:57 am

I can probably park $1500 here for a few months to open the account with no fees then once the miles post close the account. I have to read up on the fine points of doing it all online as there are no Chase branch offices anywhere near Kansas City.
Check #4 of Rick's Travel Deals on the right column here:

http://frugaltravelguy.blogspot.com/

The folks at the Chase in Ft. Collins, Colorado are helping folks get the Chase debit cards.

BTW, you're right about the $1,500 minimum to avoid fees-make sure you ask for the right type of account to get that. Also, check the T&Cs on how long the account has to stay open-I think it was 3 months, though I'm not sure (and with Chase, I'd leave it so that if the rule is 3 months, you meet that standard in all possible interpretations like calendar months, billing cycles, full moons started and completed, etc).
Old Jul 7, 2010, 1:00 pm

I'm hoping someone here has a suggestion on what I can do.

I applied for a Chase United Signature card (approved) and Chase Continental Presidential Plus (denied) card on the same day. I was approved for the UA card and denied for the CO card because of "Insufficient time between applications".

I applied for the United card for the sign-up bonus miles and just received the card. I plan to spend the required $250 shortly and hope to collect my miles soon. That being said I was actually hoping to get and KEEP the CO Presidential Plus card since it has a lounge membership and the 25% bonus RDMs.

I called the number on the rejection letter and inquired whether I could be approved but they said the only way to do this would be to close the United card. I didn't ask at that time how long the close/approve offer was good for.

Is there a way I can still get approved for the CO card at this point in time? I don't mind closing the United card or my other Chase card (I had 2 prior cards, one of which was closed in conjunction with the approval of the United card per my approval letter) after I get my bonus miles.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by jeelele
I was in similar situation last month. I called a few more times and didn't give after the first call. Finally, I got lucky on my 4th or 5th attempt.

Don't give up until somebody at chase reviews your application favorably. Be nice, pleasant and courteous while discussing your application.
To answer my own question in the above post I just called the number on my original rejection letter. I offered to have them close my older account and the rep mentioned that this would permit approval of the CO Presidential Plus card. Total time on the call = 3 minutes. I'll keep my fingers crossed until the card shows up in the mail.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 3:26 pm

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Originally Posted by Lurker1999
To answer my own question in the above post I just called the number on my original rejection letter. I offered to have them close my older account and the rep mentioned that this would permit approval of the CO Presidential Plus card. Total time on the call = 3 minutes. I'll keep my fingers crossed until the card shows up in the mail.
Good for you.

I applied for WN Visa last night (rejected ofcourse) and got nowhere with the first two calls to Chase (whats up with these women!). For my third call, this nice gentleman reviewed my application and said that I could close one of the two, fairly new BA and CO cards and then he could approve this WN one.
I was not sure if I really wanted to close any of them as I am still waiting for 10K bonus to post on BA from April-May-June 1K spend promo and I actually plan to use CO card. He then went further to say that I have 30 days from the original application date to do that if I decided to go that route.

My BA statement closes 8/4 and my 30 days end on 8/4. I am thinking of calling Chase to propone my statement close date to see if my 10K bonus posts on that statement.

Anybody has any suggestion for me?
Old Jul 7, 2010, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Lurker1999
I'm hoping someone here has a suggestion on what I can do.

I applied for a Chase United Signature card (approved) and Chase Continental Presidential Plus (denied) card on the same day. I was approved for the UA card and denied for the CO card because of "Insufficient time between applications".

I applied for the United card for the sign-up bonus miles and just received the card. I plan to spend the required $250 shortly and hope to collect my miles soon. That being said I was actually hoping to get and KEEP the CO Presidential Plus card since it has a lounge membership and the 25% bonus RDMs.

I called the number on the rejection letter and inquired whether I could be approved but they said the only way to do this would be to close the United card. I didn't ask at that time how long the close/approve offer was good for.

Is there a way I can still get approved for the CO card at this point in time? I don't mind closing the United card or my other Chase card (I had 2 prior cards, one of which was closed in conjunction with the approval of the United card per my approval letter) after I get my bonus miles.
Just because you were approved for the UA Sign. card don't count on the bonus miles unless this is your first UA card with Chase. My current UA Sign. card was approved a couple months ago & I got no bonus miles. After discussing this via private emails, thru chase.com, they produced a list of bonus miles I'd received in the past and said "sorry, no more bonuses".

Sounds like the CO card may not be possible at this time. My wife went though the same scenario a while back. Best of luck. Hope I'm wrong. Let us know what happens.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Just because you were approved for the UA Sign. card don't count on the bonus miles unless this is your first UA card with Chase. My current UA Sign. card was approved a couple months ago & I got no bonus miles. After discussing this via private emails, thru chase.com, they produced a list of bonus miles I'd received in the past and said "sorry, no more bonuses".

Sounds like the CO card may not be possible at this time. My wife went though the same scenario a while back. Best of luck. Hope I'm wrong. Let us know what happens.
I've never had a United card with Chase although I've had several other of their credit card products but I can definitively state that I've never gotten UA miles from one of their cards. I'm not applying for any more cards after these two unless they somehow produce CO/UA miles since I don't want to upset my credit score too much presently.

I *think* I did manage to get the CO card approved. I'm not counting on it until I actually get the card in hand and activated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.