Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JP Morgan Palladium Card

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2015, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by patrick.barnes
9% is easily beaten by holding VTI anyway. The person I had to meet had almost no clue and kept showing me their stellar returns for 2012...

I'm trying to keep CPC benefits but do my own investing in passive index funds. We'll see how that works out.
I considered doing that, but I do keep my portfolio somewhat diversified (although VTI/VYM play a big part of it). They told me trading fees were $24.99/trade at Chase and they're free with my Vanguard Flagship account.

So if I rebalance quarterly it could get pricy.
Old May 8, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Originally Posted by MrMosby
I considered doing that, but I do keep my portfolio somewhat diversified (although VTI/VYM play a big part of it). They told me trading fees were $24.99/trade at Chase and they're free with my Vanguard Flagship account.

So if I rebalance quarterly it could get pricy.
$25 x Y to rebalance is still better than their very generous discounted rate of 1.37% that they've quoted me.

That worked out to be north of 10k a year... To perform worse than a 3 index portfolio.

From what I've gathered they're basically geared towards people who don't have the time to care about investment. They like to push a 60/40 "balanced" fund (JPMIP) that probably won't make or lose anyone much money.

On the other hand, I really like the banking side...

What to do.
Old May 8, 2015, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by patrick.barnes
On the other hand, I really like the banking side...

What to do.
Does CPC really get you that much more?
Old May 8, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Yeah, CPC is useful. I have a lot of wire transfers and I like the ATM thing. Didn't use the free safe deposit box though.
Old May 8, 2015, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by krazieman
Yeah, CPC is useful. I have a lot of wire transfers and I like the ATM thing. Didn't use the free safe deposit box though.
Interesting, so my mortgage is at Chase so I get the Premier Plus Checking so I get some of my ATM fees cancelled each month and the safe deposit box.
Old May 8, 2015, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by MrMosby
Interesting, so my mortgage is at Chase so I get the Premier Plus Checking so I get some of my ATM fees cancelled each month and the safe deposit box.
Wells, CPC reimburses the fees charged by non-Chase ATMs. Premier Plus checking only waives Chase-fee. Furthermore, if you travel internationally often, you will find CPC useful since CPC waives forex and any fee on ATM withdrawals.
For wire transfer, no matter it is out or in, you won't be charged any fee.
Old May 12, 2015, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Guys, I just deleted 3 posts that were morphing WAY off topic. Let's keep discussions on the Palladium card. Private/off topics discussions can be done thru PMs.

Thank you.
Old May 14, 2015, 11:43 am

I just read that City National Bank is converting their Crystal Visa Signature Cards to Infinite Cards. Do you think Chase will follow with their Palladium Cards.
Old May 14, 2015, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by SteveT
I just read that City National Bank is converting their Crystal Visa Signature Cards to Infinite Cards. Do you think Chase will follow with their Palladium Cards.
I would say it's unlikely given the snail's pace of development on this card but if it does happen I'd imagine it would be a Visa Infinite Privileges given the target market.
Old May 14, 2015, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by SteveT
Got a source for this?

I've been on the fence about applying for that card forever now... (Couldn't justify the cost.)

Originally Posted by GrnLantern
Got a source for this?

I've been on the fence about applying for that card forever now... (Couldn't justify the cost.)
Ah, found it: https://www.cnb.com/lending/cards/in...redit-card.asp

They already updated their site with it.

Last edited by philemer; May 15, 2015 at 10:35 pm
Old May 14, 2015, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by GrnLantern
Got a source for this?

The benefits are negotiated by the issuer, so I don't see how a different word on the front/back of the card is going to change anything.

This is a terrible card in pretty much all respects. Except for the hidden TL and large CLs.
Old May 18, 2015, 5:40 pm

Are the criterias still the same for acquiring this card? (CPC/PB relation?)
Old May 19, 2015, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by SpootyPuff
Are the criterias still the same for acquiring this card? (CPC/PB relation?)
Yup.
Old May 25, 2015, 10:24 am

I applied for this card on Friday with my private client banker. Just after midnight today I got a notification from UPS to expect a package on Wednesday via 2nd Day Air from JPMorgan Chase. The package is 1lb. I called Chase and anyone who can tell me if I was approved or not is off for the holiday. It's also not showing up in my online Chase account. I assume this delivery information means I was approved? The weight seems low and I thought they normally send these cards overnight.
Old May 25, 2015, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Emergent
I applied for this card on Friday with my private client banker. Just after midnight today I got a notification from UPS to expect a package on Wednesday via 2nd Day Air from JPMorgan Chase. The package is 1lb. I called Chase and anyone who can tell me if I was approved or not is off for the holiday. It's also not showing up in my online Chase account. I assume this delivery information means I was approved? The weight seems low and I thought they normally send these cards overnight.
Mine was 2 lbs, next day air saver. Probably a debit card or some other cpc materials. Unless they've changed the packaging.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.