Wiki Posts
Search

JP Morgan Palladium Card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: Amex Centurion, JPM Palladium, JPM Ritz-Carlton, Citi Hilton Reserves
Smile

Originally Posted by NewYorker545
All authorized users get the metal card (or the JPM Select Visa plastic one if requested).

The United Club for spouse was dropped a few years ago, and the discounted Club membership was also dropped.
The discounted membership is still available. I have one and mine is up for renewal later this year so Ill find out if they are going to renew it.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by zeusmt
Na - I sent the card back today.
Should have kept it. They dont care whether or not you send it back.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by SLOhCar
The discounted membership is still available. I have one and mine is up for renewal later this year so Ill find out if they are going to renew it.
I stand corrected. I had recalled (incorrectly) that the spousal Club membership had ended, but searched past posts and read that the complimentary spouse UC membership for Palladium card holders had ended but still available for a fee.

It is not clear what that fee is ($50/$150/$250), so please post the actual fee when you renew.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 5:55 pm

Hello - Did you end up getting approved? - I forget where I was reading this, but I just read some other post, on another blog, about someone who had no intentions of moving the 250K they say they require for them to manage, and he ended up getting denied.

The guy who posted said he was going to call and deal with the retention line but he had a feeling the CPC employee wasnt backing him because he wasnt going to move the funds over for them to manage.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 9:12 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Annual fee posted. Time to cancel. No enhancements are coming. Getting a Sapphire Preferred instead to keep my hundreds of thousands of UR points active. Citi Prestige is a far superior card at this point with an annual fee of $100 with the airline credit and Citigold.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by patrick.barnes
I guess I just don't get it. I do think Chase need a ~$450 AF card ala Amex Plat or Citi Prestige, but limiting it to CPC+ means they can't build up a profitable AF base to provide benefits...
Yes, it would be nice if Chase had a "premium" card. I mean a premium card that earns UR points, and not just limited to United or Ritz.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Valveking
Annual fee posted. Time to cancel. No enhancements are coming. Getting a Sapphire Preferred instead to keep my hundreds of thousands of UR points active. Citi Prestige is a far superior card at this point with an annual fee of $100 with the airline credit and Citigold.
Was it confirmed by JPM/Chase that there would be no enhancements coming up for the Palladium Card?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Identity Platnium (Cosmopolitan), Palladium Card, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nall
You still get the United club membership with this card, right? With the increased fee for membership and the Club card, does this card make any more sense?
Yes, I received the United club membership with this card. Weird how Palladium does not advertise this benefit.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by SLOhCar
Was it confirmed by JPM/Chase that there would be no enhancements coming up for the Palladium Card?
Nope, but there is absolutely no reason to think there will be any. I would love to hear from somebody that knows something, but I am planning on canceling at the end of the month.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Identity Platnium (Cosmopolitan), Palladium Card, Hilton Diamond
Nope, but there is absolutely no reason to think there will be any. I would love to hear from somebody that knows something, but I am planning on canceling at the end of the month.
JPM has been making certain changes to market the card as a top tier premium product in the market place (i.e. it is nearly impossible to get the fee waivers for even ultra high net worth clients). I would think that there might be some changes coming in the future.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by CreditRocks
JPM has been making certain changes to market the card as a top tier premium product in the market place (i.e. it is nearly impossible to get the fee waivers for even ultra high net worth clients). I would think that there might be some changes coming in the future.
AFAIK I am not "ultra high net worth" and I just received a 50% fee waiver from my JPM advisor (same as last year). I can just barely justify with reduced AF with the various travel insurance features and of course the use of mediocre UCs so any enhancements would help solidify my renewal. The Citi and Amex products with similar features discussed above are fairly useless to UA/*A flyers - and of course UA miles > AA miles > worthless DL skypesos.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 6:44 pm

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by Boraxo
AFAIK I am not "ultra high net worth" and I just received a 50% fee waiver from my JPM advisor (same as last year). I can just barely justify with reduced AF with the various travel insurance features and of course the use of mediocre UCs so any enhancements would help solidify my renewal. The Citi and Amex products with similar features discussed above are fairly useless to UA/*A flyers - and of course UA miles > AA miles > worthless DL skypesos.
Can i ask why you would consider UA miles less worth it than AA miles?
Old Aug 12, 2015, 6:52 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Boraxo
... UA miles > AA miles > worthless DL skypesos.
Originally Posted by JBG89
Can i ask why you would consider UA miles less worth it than AA miles?
I read Boraxo's post to value UA higher than AA higher than DL.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:33 am

Finally canceled this one. Annual fee was due and it was just not worth it. I moved the credit line to a new Sapphire Preferred. As far as high end cards go, the Citi Prestige is the best deal these days especially if have a CitiGold account. It lowers the effective annual fee to $100 and gets you a 15% points bonus. It has much better category bonuses also. I should have canceled it last year, but held on for the promised enhancements that never came.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:47 am

Finally canceled this one. Annual fee was due and it was just not worth it. I moved the credit line to a new Sapphire Preferred. As far as high end cards go, the Citi Prestige is the best deal these days especially if have a CitiGold account. It lowers the effective annual fee to $100 and gets you a 15% points bonus. It has much better category bonuses also. I should have canceled it last year, but held on for the promised enhancements that never came.
They allowed you to downgrade to a new account Sapphire card? I was under the impression you could not downgrade/convert to anything when cancelling the Palladium.

Personally, I don't consider the Prestige to be a high end card but everyone on FT seems to really rave about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.