Monteverde or Manuel Antonio

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2017, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver

If I only had time for one of these two destinations, which would you choose and why?

I am starting with Arsenal and ending in Guanacste at the Marriott.

Thanks in advance!
Old May 15, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
The question is what do you enjoy? Those are two entirely different destinations.

Monteverde is a cloud forest. It can be chilly and damp at certain times of the year. Nearly all the activities are nature- or adventure themed. The accommodation resembles mountain lodges.

Manuel Antonio is on the beach. It's warm or downright hot at certain times of the year. It offers a mix of nature and beachy activities.
Old May 15, 2017, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Both sound great. I want something unique, they both seem so.
It sounds like there are better accimodations at M A?

Is the beach much better than those in Guanacaste?
Old May 16, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Originally Posted by beachfan
It sounds like there are better accimodations at M A?
I have not been to MA and it has been a long time since I went to Monteverde. However, I am going this summer to both and have spent a fair amount of time looking at accommodations. I don't know what is important to you, but in general I think it's fair to say there are more places to choose from in MA, and MA has more high-end places too. That said, the most expensive place we're staying at on our trip happens to be in Monteverde (boutique 'tree house').
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: Nada!
Most of the jungle looks the same once you get in it. MA has a beautiful beach and lots of jungle and more options on where to stay. No quetzals at MA but more to do there. If you do MO, you are closer to Arenal which is pretty cool.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.