Wiki Posts
Search

CX Phone Priority for OWE?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; BAEC Gold; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Titanium
CX Phone Priority for OWE?

Is there any way to get priority in the long CX reservations telephone queue as an AA EXP? Or is that only reserved for CX GO/DM? I've generally had hold times of 30+ minutes.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
No

Why you think CX should extend all and every benefit available to DM to OWE? If so why CX needs to have its own program?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 10:12 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
I am not sure if 3333 even prioritises MPC elites, but...

Originally Posted by sscywong
No

Why you think CX should extend all and every benefit available to DM to OWE? If so why CX needs to have its own program?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Cannot agree more. Reply of the year.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; BAEC Gold; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Titanium
Thought so - thanks for the replies! Figured it'd be worth the ask in case I was missing something.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:14 am

For shorter wait times, try calling different regional/language call centers. I have had good luck with their Mandarin-speaking lines - even though I speak Mandarin, most agents can actually speak English. Their UK line usually also have fairly short waits, but the quality of the agents are appalling.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:18 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by sscywong
No

I may be wrong, but thinks that calls to AA get routed to the ExPlat desk if the booking is for an OWE.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:51 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
i just want a dedicated J or F reservations number to call when i need to change my premium class booking... MPC line is hopeless beyond most vanilla date changes... in the old day i remember there were premium reservations line.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:27 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by fakecd
i just want a dedicated J or F reservations number to call when i need to change my premium class booking... MPC line is hopeless beyond most vanilla date changes... in the old day i remember there were premium reservations line.
It's because MPC agents cannot do ticketing themselves...(not sure for DM)
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jagmeets
I may be wrong, but thinks that calls to AA get routed to the ExPlat desk if the booking is for an OWE.
I don't think this is the case. Incoming calls to AA get screened and routed to the appropriate desk (EXP or general--in practice even though AA advertises separate "desks" for PLT and GLD, they are all answered by the same agent pool as general members) based on the phone number and the linked AAdv account. AA does not have access to the phone numbers of partner FF programs, so it will route them to the general desk. And once you have an agent from that desk on the line, it's moot point to ask to be rerouted to the EXP desk on the basis of your OWE status, IMO.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 12:54 pm
Suspended

been on Hold forever close to 1 hr, wanted to chose seats, change FFB# and order special meals, if I go to a CX counter at an airport will they beable to help me? Its for a tkt within Asia w/o a US flight attached to it

would still like to have the answers to the above, but thankfully they finally picked up 1hr 13mins, they were able to do everything ist nice getting an exit row w/o being fleeced to death for it

Last edited by craz; Jul 24, 2017 at 1:09 pm
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Am I the only person who thinks OWE should have access to the DM line?

Oneworld is all about continuity of service standards across the alliance.
OWE already gets everything which DM has access to... check in, seating, lounges, onboard greeting, upgrades etc.

If I'm OWE calling CX to modify a reservation and I'm on hold for an hour, I don't think "oh im not DM, therefore, its okay". I think - this is Oneworld, and EVERY OTHER touch point and interaction I have with CX is at OWE service levels -- but the call center is slow and takes forever.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by d00t

OWE already gets everything which DM has access to... check in, seating, lounges, onboard greeting, upgrades etc.

If I'm OWE calling CX to modify a reservation and I'm on hold for an hour, I don't think "oh im not DM, therefore, its okay". I think - this is Oneworld, and EVERY OTHER touch point and interaction I have with CX is at OWE service levels -- but the call center is slow and takes forever.
All the individual OW airlines would have to agree to give the same top priority to OWE and execute together for this to work. CX would be stupid to do this without its partners reciprocating. It's what you get from an alliance as opposed to one single entity - just as we get different varying product quality across the airlines in OW.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by d00t

But your premise isn't even correct?

Check in....mostly yes, but not 100pct. DMs are issued buggy vouchers are check-in for far gates. OWE isn't.
Upgrades....no. Golds are still ahead of OWE for upgrade priority.
Lounges....not 100pct (DM can bring +2, OWE +1).
Onboard greeting: no. OWEs get the lame ISM greeting, true. But they usually miss out on the additional (and more useful, IMO) follow up by the SP and FPs.

An airline would be foolish to give its OWE peers identical treatment as its own. Makes 0 business sense. CX complies above and beyond with the OW rules, but there is nothing prohibiting them giving better treatment to their Diamonds, and they do. It's the only thing keeping some of us, barely, here. Because others have better earn/burn ratios.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by dkc192
I don't think this is the case. Incoming calls to AA get screened and routed to the appropriate desk (EXP or general--in practice even though AA advertises separate "desks" for PLT and GLD, they are all answered by the same agent pool as general members) based on the phone number and the linked AAdv account. AA does not have access to the phone numbers of partner FF programs, so it will route them to the general desk. And once you have an agent from that desk on the line, it's moot point to ask to be rerouted to the EXP desk on the basis of your OWE status, IMO.

Could well be- but I did read something to that effect on here and at least one of my calls to cancel a booking last year got answered with a 'Welcome to the the Americans Airlines Executive Platinum Service Desk'.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ial-lines.html

Post#10
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jagmeets
Could well be- but I did read something to that effect on here and at least one of my calls to cancel a booking last year got answered with a 'Welcome to the the Americans Airlines Executive Platinum Service Desk'.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ial-lines.html

Post#10
Hmm. I could be wrong on that, but in my previous experience calling AA as a non-AAdv OWS, I never got prompted for my record locator or partner FF number by the computer that routes calls. I always got sent to a non-EXP agent. Things may have changed these days.

If my original claim holds true, then you got lucky in reaching the EXP desk. Very rarely, if EXP agents are free, the computer will route them calls from the non-EXP queue, thus why they answer with "welcome to the EXP desk" out of habit, as they rarely get non-EXP calls in the first place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.