Wiki Posts
Search

OW Emeralds calling BA, special lines?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2014, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
OW Emeralds calling BA, special lines?

I am an AA EXP and fly BA much more than AA. Are there BA phone numbers for better service as an emerald but not BAEC member?
Old Nov 7, 2014, 7:36 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
No .
Old Nov 7, 2014, 7:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
No. Just separate numbers for the tiers themselves within BA.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC
When I had a CX Sapphire card (and BA Blue), I would always call the BA Silver line. I was always helped, and never had an agent tell me to call a different line.

I'm sure you can call the BA Gold line, and explain that you have an Emerald card.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 8:28 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
As OWE I have tried the BA Gold line on occasion. Most of the time, they are happy to help. Sometimes, they make it clear that they cannot help me.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 8:33 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
They should be allowed to. AA has no problem when I call the EXP line.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 9:46 am
Original Poster

On AA to get through to EXP line then you need to input (voice recognition) your AAdvantage number, so just calling the number doesnt help.

If BA identifies gold only after human answering then good chance as stated above thread that you can talk your way into service, I guess.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 9:50 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
As OWE I have tried the BA Gold line on occasion. Most of the time, they are happy to help. Sometimes, they make it clear that they cannot help me.
But they can't verify your status by checking your FF number. I agree there should be a way but there isn't. At the moment, any AA member could call and say they were OWE and the BA staff would have no way to confirm it.

Originally Posted by jmc1K
AA has no problem when I call the EXP line.
How do the AA staff verify your status?
Old Nov 7, 2014, 9:55 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by jmc1K
They should be allowed to. AA has no problem when I call the EXP line.
It won't work on QF though, for instance. You have to put your QF Platinum (and maybe Gold?) membership number to be directed to the premium line, even though there are status-dependent telephone numbers. If you don't put the suitable QF membership number, you'll end up in a slower queue, pretty much no matter which phone number you call.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
If you are calling AA with a ticketed flight which has your BAEC number in it, the system will ask you for your confirmation code and will detect that you are OWE and connects you to the premium line. Done it several times.

The only input is the confirmation number in this case.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
The BA website recognises my status and permits me to reserve seats at the time of booking. And when I print a BA boarding pass, it says "Emerald" on it. Surely the Gold line staff would be able to obtain that information also, should they wish?
Old Nov 7, 2014, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by golfmad
But they can't verify your status by checking your FF number. I agree there should be a way but there isn't. At the moment, any AA member could call and say they were OWE and the BA staff would have no way to confirm it.

How do the AA staff verify your status?
Maybe not initial booking but existing PNR they might see just as BA.com recognises

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.