FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jacobsleather
Print Wikipost

Cathay Pacific Fleet Information

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by maortega15
Not a captain yet, senior first officer.
Noted Anyway

Originally Posted by maortega15
The 772's will all be gone by 2018 while 5 used 777-300's will be coming from Emirates in the beginning of next year.
Or maybe just 4....?
Old Jan 6, 2017, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by sscywong
Or maybe just 4....?
They'll still be getting 5 frames despite that unfortunate loss a couple of months back.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: CATHAY PACIFIC
Admin, I believe cathay dragon a320 B-HSJ/L/N/O/P/R have been retrofitted to 8/156
Old Feb 12, 2017, 9:18 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by Raymond Lu
Admin, I believe cathay dragon a320 B-HSJ/L/N/O/P/R have been retrofitted to 8/156
Raymond Lu, can you provide more details / clarity?

Are you saying B-HSJ, B-HSL, B-HSN, B-HSO, B-HSP and B-HSR are all now the "A320 (A320-200 v1)" on the link? This would mean only B-HSK is A320-200 v3? And also B-HSR has been reclassified from the Y-only config (A320-200 v2)?

Thanks for the thoughts. Given the extensiveness of your proposed changes, please provide a bit more details. We just want to make sure it's accurate.

Cathay Pacific Route, Fleet and Configuration Guide
Old Feb 12, 2017, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by QRC3288
Raymond Lu, can you provide more details / clarity?

Are you saying B-HSJ, B-HSL, B-HSN, B-HSO, B-HSP and B-HSR are all now the "A320 (A320-200 v1)" on the link? This would mean only B-HSK is A320-200 v3? And also B-HSR has been reclassified from the Y-only config (A320-200 v2)?

Thanks for the thoughts. Given the extensiveness of your proposed changes, please provide a bit more details. We just want to make sure it's accurate.

Cathay Pacific Route, Fleet and Configuration Guide
All the aircrafts that has been to Xiamen before should be retrofitted. HSR should be refitted just as HSQ, both of them were 168Y config. HSK has not been refitted. HSU is not in XMN, it should be in the now config very soon. Leaving HST as the only 168y.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 9:32 pm

Does anyone know why B-KPM was ferried to Xiamen again? It has already get the new livery applied.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 9:35 pm

All the aircrafts that has been to Xiamen before should be retrofitted. HSR should be refitted just as HSQ, both of them were 168Y config. HSK has not been refitted. HSU is not in XMN, it should be in the now config very soon. Leaving HST as the only 168y.
I still don't really understand what you're saying. Are the 4 different A320 types for KA being reduced? And do you mind sharing the source of your information?

Does anyone else understand?

Our KA information definitely needs improvement. I just want to make sure we're editing in accurate information.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 9:52 pm

Does anyone know why B-KPM was ferried to Xiamen again? It has already get the new livery applied.
Aircraft don't go to XMN just to get paint. They get other maintenance done too.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 9:52 pm

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy
Many major checks for CX/KA occur at HAECO Xiamen.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by QRC3288
I still don't really understand what you're saying. Are the 4 different A320 types for KA being reduced? And do you mind sharing the source of your information?

Does anyone else understand?

Our KA information definitely needs improvement. I just want to make sure we're editing in accurate information.
KA is refitting all the A320s to get 8/156 new cabin config. I check the aircraft info by checking seat maps online before the flights. From my search, it should be there is only one A32P left, which is B-HSK. And there is only two A32M left, which are B-HST and B-HSU. B-HSU has ferried to Xiamen so that it should get the new cabin config 8/156 very soon.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 11:52 pm

KA is refitting all the A320s to get 8/156 new cabin config. I check the aircraft info by checking seat maps online before the flights. From my search, it should be there is only one A32P left, which is B-HSK. And there is only two A32M left, which are B-HST and B-HSU. B-HSU has ferried to Xiamen so that it should get the new cabin config 8/156 very soon.
thank you. I will update it. If you have any more information like this please return. It is very helpful.

To others, if you notice inconsistencies / errors / etc., please point them out. We're looking to keep the Fleet Config doc as useful as possible for fellow frequent fliers.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 4:31 am

@ Raymond Lu, can you check the document now and see if the KA A320 section is accurate?

Cathay Pacific Fleet, Route and Configuration Guide
Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:54 pm

Some helpful guidelines

Dear All,

Thanks to everyone who continues to edit the various posts. To ensure accurate information, when recommending edits here please provide your information source. We are grateful for all information / speculation, but will avoid editing intelligent guesses/rumors into the document until we get solid confirmation.

"Bankable" sources we'll edit immediately:
*Official information (CX website info, schedule changes, press releases, stock exchange filings, etc.)
*Passenger first-hand experience on the aircraft/type in mention - please try to remember and return here after you've flown!
*Cathay Pacific / Cathay Dragon / other airline employees first-hand information. Particular thanks to those of you who visit this forum regularly.

We can be faster to edit information, even if it's somewhat outside the parameters above, from forum regulars and journalists who have proven to have consistently valuable information (David Flynn, Danny Lee, etc.).

Information we cannot use as the source of information:
*FR24 movements, including long service interruptions, flights to/from HAECO Xiamen and other refurbishment sites, etc.
*FlightAware movements
*Exterior photographs from plane spotters
*Airliners.net
*Etc

While we are all aviation enthusiasts at various levels, ultimately we're keeping this guide to be as accurate and useful as possible for those who will be traveling on-board the various aircraft. Thanks again!

And to forum regulars: you are welcome to join as an editor, PM the mods or me for access.

Cathay Fleet, Route and Configuration Guide
Old Feb 16, 2017, 7:23 pm

Missing window information added - please help!

All,

I have added sections for missing windows to each plane type in the document. Calling anyone in this forum: when you fly and notice a missing window (or know of one), please report back. We will edit it in. Editors: if you're familiar with missing windows in any of these planes, please fill it in directly.

I have coded each class with the colors CX uses for F, J, PEY and F. Editors: simply add a row for each seat (or seat pair) that is missing the windows. For the less-computer savvy of you, the info is contained in the table: right click to have the option to add a row. If you'd like a good example, have a look at 77H - I've filled out what I know from F and J class. I am not familiar with PEY and Y on this plane, so feel free to add what's necessary. Same with all the other planes.

Cathay Fleet, Route and Configuration Guide
Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:46 pm

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy
Excellent. I can definitely contribute to this. Love the colour codings too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.