Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Incorrect Response from a Marco Polo agent

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Incorrect Response from a Marco Polo agent

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2015, 11:05 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
Original Poster

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
I've been consistently told "JL must be redeemed as a round trip" by all the Tsuen Wan agents I've spoken to this year.

Their interpretation goes on to further assert:

"if you take a JL domestic (eg KIX-CTS), you must take a JL domestic flight out of CTS, even if not back to KIX. So you can't start an open-jaw after a JL flight"

"if you take a JL flight to Japan from HK you have to come back on a JL flight"

I actually didn't think about this very hard until I suggested to a hongkongcard.comer he can't change a issued CX HND-HKG sector to JL. His response was he's done such mixed CX/JL mixed redemption numerous times, even if it meant going to the airport and throwing the book at the supervisor (making the AM desk supervisor look up the operations manual)

Another "incorrect response" from call centre we can do without.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

since last Monday, you will only be allowed 1 maximum waitlisted flights on any award

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...er-sector.html

Plus: "She also claims using 'manage my booking' on cathaypacific.com, she could locate my booking with my Full name + Booking Reference and able to modify (add/remove requested flights) on that same page"

Maybe a lateral hire from BAEC?
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:48 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
A little bit annoyed because I'm wasting time explaining the situation over the phone, and in most times already talking in Tagalog to simplify matters...but they can't seem to fix it.

Did a TPE turn around last July 4...like my other turn around in May the system did not credit the return sectors...(something to do with two sectors a day) So after 1 week, I filed a missing miles request.

Last May, I learned that despite claiming the missing miles request...the system or someone doing the verification will reject the claim because it confuses the inbound with outbound sectors...they will put "Asia Miles have already been credited to your account." under the reject status. Now I don't know how they could mix up the two specially when its under two different eticket numbers, in any case I was able to sort out my May turn around after several calls to clarify the situation.

So I did my last turnaround last July 4(to qualify for DM), like before my TPE-HKG-MNL was not credited...so last July 11, I filed it online but decided to call the MPC hotline to explain the situation, having spent a good 30 minutes explaining it to the agent, he said he will take note of what I've said and just monitor the crediting.

Now come Monday (Missing Miles Request normally just takes 48hrs by my experience) I was surprised to see it was rejected...So I decided to call again...had to explain the situation to another agent only to be told that he is seeing the same on the remarks and that he will submit a follow up and to call in 24-48hrs...but after 72hrs nothing has happened so I decided to make a follow up call today. Spoke to another agent, explained it YET AGAIN, then she said, she will file it again from her end and to monitor the account in 6-8 weeks. Hopefully it gets credited before the end of July....
Old Jul 21, 2015, 6:44 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
UPDATE

I spoke to someone about this last week and was told to check within the week for crediting of the miles. As I was traveling last week, I eventually called yesterday and spoke to an agent from the Philippines. I didn't have to explain the situation as she said she saw multiple follow ups regarding the matter already. I told her my GO membership expired at the end of the month and would appreciate if we could get all sectors in by then. She then placed me on hold for a few minutes.

After the hold, she told me that she has escalated the matter with her supervisor who will do the crediting within 24 hours...when I checked my MPC account this morning, I saw all my flights last week were credited and only my turnaround flights were missing. So I called again...by some miracle I spoke to the same agent I spoke to yesterday and she was surprised that it was not credited. She asked to put me on hold while she finds a manager. She comes back after a few minutes saying that my sectors will now be credited.

The extra good part is after putting down the phone, after 10 minutes or so, I got a call from the same agent. She said she saw that the sectors have now been credited and I'm already at 80 sectors and if I wish to have it reset to DM already. I was impressed that she was very proactive in reaching out to me. I think Cathay needs to ask their BPO supplier to clone her

Originally Posted by kesler.go
A little bit annoyed because I'm wasting time explaining the situation over the phone, and in most times already talking in Tagalog to simplify matters...but they can't seem to fix it.

Did a TPE turn around last July 4...like my other turn around in May the system did not credit the return sectors...(something to do with two sectors a day) So after 1 week, I filed a missing miles request.

Last May, I learned that despite claiming the missing miles request...the system or someone doing the verification will reject the claim because it confuses the inbound with outbound sectors...they will put "Asia Miles have already been credited to your account." under the reject status. Now I don't know how they could mix up the two specially when its under two different eticket numbers, in any case I was able to sort out my May turn around after several calls to clarify the situation.

So I did my last turnaround last July 4(to qualify for DM), like before my TPE-HKG-MNL was not credited...so last July 11, I filed it online but decided to call the MPC hotline to explain the situation, having spent a good 30 minutes explaining it to the agent, he said he will take note of what I've said and just monitor the crediting.

Now come Monday (Missing Miles Request normally just takes 48hrs by my experience) I was surprised to see it was rejected...So I decided to call again...had to explain the situation to another agent only to be told that he is seeing the same on the remarks and that he will submit a follow up and to call in 24-48hrs...but after 72hrs nothing has happened so I decided to make a follow up call today. Spoke to another agent, explained it YET AGAIN, then she said, she will file it again from her end and to monitor the account in 6-8 weeks. Hopefully it gets credited before the end of July....
Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Emily from Tsuen Wan: "Asia Miles members can only waitlist one flight per segment". Promptly HUACA.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:35 am
Suspended

Programs: AA & SPG Plat
Originally Posted by percysmith
Emily from Tsuen Wan: "Asia Miles members can only waitlist one flight per segment". Promptly HUACA.
Maybe hint of new policy?
Post Apr 2016: AM only one flight per segment, then 3 for MPO elites.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

EF MCT 1.00 == 100 mins...

(this is jokelib's)
Jokelib: I want to redeem KA HKG-HIJ HKG 1010 HIJ 1420, connect JL HIJ-HND HIJ 1540 HND 1700
Agent 1: I'm sorry sir you need 100 mins for I/D HIJ. Earliest HIJ-HND flight you can take is 1640
Jokelib: But BAEC shows I can connect to a 80 minute flight
Agent 1: I'm sorry sir I'm showing 100 mins here
Jokelib: .....OK

Jokelib: CX insist 100 mins, and we know Avios shows even with 80 min
Me: (EF search on HIJ, see below) How did they get 100 mins??!!

Me: I'm sorry to be calling on a booking that is not my own, but my friend here has received some misinformation from your colleagues. Your colleague told him it takes 100 mins to connect D/I in HIJ, I see 60 mins in my MCT information, and as a result he's taking a longer connection in HIJ than necessary.
Me: Since booking sent to ticketing but not yet ticketed, we can still correct that mistake.
Agent 2: Let me check the MCT.
Agent 2: I still show 100 mins
Me: How come my Experflyer shows 1.00 hours...wait...did you read 1.00 as 100 mins??!!
Agent 2: Let me check again...yes, it is one hour
Attached Images  

Last edited by percysmith; Apr 15, 2016 at 8:28 pm
Old Apr 12, 2016, 10:53 pm

I've been consistently told "JL must be redeemed as a round trip" by all the Tsuen Wan agents I've spoken to this year.

Their interpretation goes on to further assert:

"if you take a JL domestic (eg KIX-CTS), you must take a JL domestic flight out of CTS, even if not back to KIX. So you can't start an open-jaw after a JL flight"

"if you take a JL flight to Japan from HK you have to come back on a JL flight"

I actually didn't think about this very hard until I suggested to a hongkongcard.comer he can't change a issued CX HND-HKG sector to JL. His response was he's done such mixed CX/JL mixed redemption numerous times, even if it meant going to the airport and throwing the book at the supervisor (making the AM desk supervisor look up the operations manual)

Another "incorrect response" from call centre we can do without.
I had something similar recently trying to redeem HKG-NRT-YVR and LAXHKG on a single ticket.

Manila repeated no one-way for any JAL flight ad nauseum, and it took me over an hour on the phone talking through all the terms and conditions before he finally relented.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carmy
I had something similar recently trying to redeem HKG-NRT-YVR and LAXHKG on a single ticket.

Manila repeated no one-way for any JAL flight ad nauseum, and it took me over an hour on the phone talking through all the terms and conditions before he finally relented.
You can price Hkg-Nrt-Yvr//lax-Hkg on https://www.asiamiles.com/am/en/rede...ghtawardfinder as round trip

Can't price Nrt-Yvr on its own as one way
Old Apr 12, 2016, 11:38 pm

Yeah but the agent repeated multiple times that any redemption that involves JAL must have the airline on both sectors.

Anyway finally convinced him after an hour of nonstop talking.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

Tell him to try the engine himself. Guide him step by step
Old Sep 12, 2016, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by koosh2
HK CS told me that MH is not longer their redemption partner for OneWorld effective May 2016, which mean my route plan can no longer works because MH is 1 of the 2 other airlines.
Asia Miles also indulges in post-lies http://www.economist.com/news/briefi...ns-now-lie-and ?
Old Oct 25, 2016, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

(For an AM itinerary) "turnaround point has to be a stopover" http://forum.hongkongcard.com/forumS.../9750?page=500

I don't think that's necessarily true. Even the poster said he managed to talk AM out of that view (#4993)
Old Dec 6, 2016, 2:02 am
Original Poster

(this is jokelib's)
Jokelib: I want to redeem KA HKG-HIJ HKG 1010 HIJ 1420, connect JL HIJ-HND HIJ 1540 HND 1700
Agent 1: I'm sorry sir you need 100 mins for I/D HIJ. Earliest HIJ-HND flight you can take is 1640
Jokelib: But BAEC shows I can connect to a 80 minute flight
Agent 1: I'm sorry sir I'm showing 100 mins here
Jokelib: .....OK

Jokelib: CX insist 100 mins, and we know Avios shows even with 80 min
Me: (EF search on HIJ, see below) How did they get 100 mins??!!

Me: I'm sorry to be calling on a booking that is not my own, but my friend here has received some misinformation from your colleagues. Your colleague told him it takes 100 mins to connect D/I in HIJ, I see 60 mins in my MCT information, and as a result he's taking a longer connection in HIJ than necessary.
Me: Since booking sent to ticketing but not yet ticketed, we can still correct that mistake.
Agent 2: Let me check the MCT.
Agent 2: I still show 100 mins
Me: How come my Experflyer shows 1.00 hours...wait...did you read 1.00 as 100 mins??!!
Agent 2: Let me check again...yes, it is one hour
I got written about another one. QR BCN-DOH-HKG:

STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
ONLINE .20 1.00 1.00 1.00
OFFLINE .20 1.00 1.00 1.00
** OR * ARE ALL
QR-QR II 1.25 FLT 3500 - 6999 - ALL ALL - CANADA
QR-QR II 1.25 FLT 3500 - 6999 - ALL ALL - UNITED STATES
QR-QR II 1.00 ALL - FLT 3500 - 6999
QR-QR II 1.00 FLT 3500 - 6999 - ALL
QR-QR II 1.00 ALL - CANADA
QR-QR II 1.00 ALL - UNITED STATES
QR-QR II .45
**-QR II 1.25 ALL - CANADA
**-QR II 1.25 ALL - UNITED STATES
**-QR II 1.00
It was one of those star-crossed QR-QR connections again https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...difficult.html and the AM agent was finding everything under the sun to get my correspondent to get off the line.

He came up with 1.00 is 100 minutes so so sorry your 75 minute connection won't fit excuse again...despite the connection showing on BAEC...
Old Jun 13, 2017, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Shoving refund law down my throat on partner canx, misleading use of term "protection

Rebooking team has is calling me. I know what they're calling about cos myflightsapp already told me my Chinese New Year UL BKK-HKG flights have been axed.

This case is another CoC 10.2.2.2 issue similar to https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...-cx-miles.html and https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post27013251

I call them back. Following conversation in Cantonese:
"Hi can I speak to rebooking team"
"What's this about?"
"A segment got cancelled"
"Let me check with them. Please hold"

(15 mins)
"I checked with them and they confirmed we will protect you." ("protect" was spoken in English)
"Ok. What flights are you offering?"
"....Anything currently available on redemption"
"That's not much protection is it? Why do you think we redeemed UL in the 1st place? No CX award seats then and there certainly won't be any now. Look, can I have rebooking team call me back please? I was just hoping I can speak to them right away."
"They won't call you back since I've taken over the booking. Which flights you want?"
"I really need to go out soon. Last three flights on 19/2 afternoon"
"Let me check with manager"

(15 mins)
"My manager suggests this. Why don't we refund miles and taxes, so you have the flexibility to book again whenever you want?."
"What kind of suggestion is this? I want to keep the outbound, and try to book the inbound whenever your revenue department is charitable enough to release seats. I do not want a refund."
"Nonono you misunderstood! We don't want your miles or money. We want to refund your ticket first, you will keep your outbound, and rebook inbound later"
"Miss, are you Cantonese challenged? Which part of I do not want a refund do you not misunderstand??!! Just add the bloody three waitlists. Do not refund miles. Do not refund taxes"
"Which three waitlists you want? I'll call you back"

Eventually I got a triple waitlist for CX flights.

Last edited by percysmith; Jun 13, 2017 at 6:13 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.