Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX to HKG in J - pyjamas ?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:14 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Has anyone noticed they come in different colors? I've been getting the same light heather shade, but on my last flight, I got a dark shaded set.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:37 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Well, in the off chance that you need to evacuate the aircraft before takeoff, you probably won't want to be traipsing around in your PJs. Better to wait until the plane is safely in the air to (1) remove shoes, and (2) change clothes.
i agree in part. the PJ's i wear are natural fibres (cotton) and i keep my shoes on. so essentially, not a huge risk IMO....how are PJ's any different than the yoga wear that is all too common, although that stuff is not natural fibre's
Old Apr 23, 2015, 8:24 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Well, in the off chance that you need to evacuate the aircraft before takeoff, you probably won't want to be traipsing around in your PJs. Better to wait until the plane is safely in the air to (1) remove shoes, and (2) change clothes.
A couple of years ago, LHR-HKG, I had a few drinks in the lounge, got on the flight, changed into my PJ's, popped a sleeping pill (Fanda special) and the plane went tech. Never EVER again - wait at least until the seatbelt sign goes off after take off...

Great to see a 7 year old thread still going lol

Last edited by Beano HK; Apr 23, 2015 at 8:26 am Reason: can't spell..
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:34 pm

That's happened to me twice in the past as well. It was bad enough after an Ambien - can't imagine how I would manage after one of Fanda's finest! Fanda and my tailor (and a dose of luxury at the original MO) are the main reasons for visiting HK these days...
Old Apr 23, 2015, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh boy, I hadn't even considered the Ambien issue (for this thread, I think I subconsciously don't take it until after takeoff). That would be a nightmare (figuratively, since I never actually seem to have any dreams after taking an Ambien).

Now I just have to figure out what this Fanda thing is!
Old Apr 23, 2015, 9:01 pm

Oh boy, I hadn't even considered the Ambien issue (for this thread, I think I subconsciously don't take it until after takeoff). That would be a nightmare (figuratively, since I never actually seem to have any dreams after taking an Ambien).

Now I just have to figure out what this Fanda thing is!
Fanda is HK's best pharmacy, on Pedder St near Des Voeux Road. It has everything. Good prices for perfume too.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Quick question, are the jammies they give in F, new? And can you keep them?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
Quick question, are the jammies they give in F, new? And can you keep them?
Yes they are new (not yet worn) and yes you can keep them.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:00 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
They're not even pre-washed if you're into that sort of thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.