Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New SIN Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by lowjhg
Full article and all other pictures I have taken are posted on my website at http://dossierluxus.com/changi-t1-dnata-lounge/
Thank you... your pics have encouraged me to drop QF lounge for once, and at least take a peek during my next CX trip.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:58 am

Programs: Macro Polo - Cathay
Apparently it is a significant upgrade that makes me want to go to SIN again!
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Thank you... your pics have encouraged me to drop QF lounge for once, and at least take a peek during my next CX trip.
But i still maintain that the QF lounge is by far the best OW lounge at SIN in overall service. Its okay for a look i guess. Anyways no harm peeking into the DNATA lounge and going back to the QF lounge for something from the show kitchen :P
Old Dec 7, 2015, 11:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Is this a one world lounge? Can OWS access this lounge when departing on a oneworld carrier?
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by warakorn
Is this a one world lounge? Can OWS access this lounge when departing on a oneworld carrier?
Yes. I was flying on UL and accessed via my QF Platinum card which is a OWE.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 12:38 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Is there a CX agent sitting in this lounge like in the Skyview lounge?
Old Dec 8, 2015, 2:28 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
New SIN Lounge

Didn't see an agent in CX garb, but given that CX ground services are handled by dnata, they should be able to figure things out.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 5:16 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
So, I assume QR premium pax may access the lounge, as well.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by jagmeets
Didn't see an agent in CX garb, but given that CX ground services are handled by dnata, they should be able to figure things out.
I did see one walking around the lounge calling for flights in CX uniform, but didn't photograph her obviously (something about awkwardness) :P

Originally Posted by warakorn
So, I assume QR premium pax may access the lounge, as well.
Its a Oneworld lounge. Oneworld access rules apply. I thought that was pretty clear within my article? :P
Old Jan 4, 2016, 2:35 pm

I had a lot of time to kill before a recent trip last month, hence decided to do a bit of a lounge hop last month before my CX flight.

The new dnata lounge is nice though just 'normal' and 'businesslike'. Nothing too wow about it but it was much better ambience than the old dnata lounge. Food was similar to what was served there.

I then hopped to the QF lounge at 2:30 pm as soon as it opened - the usual buffet and cook to order dining options were available, and where I had a full meal.

At 3:30 pm I moved to the BA lounge next door. It was supposed to be open at 3:00 pm but even by 4:00 pm when we left, there was no hot food available... just the usual drinks, crisps and the odd canape, etc. And the bottle of Baileys I reached out to had barely enough to fill half a shot glass! Very poor offering, although they have really nice artwork displayed on the walls and on tables.

Conclusion - QF lounge remains my favourite!
Old Jul 11, 2016, 10:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Well, options were limited at 6:00 am July 11 in SIN. The DNATA had enough seating and the cappuccino/espresso machine was decent. Food was serious meh which was fine as I knew breakfast onboard would have plenty of choice - and it did.

I was the second person to arrive and there was already a guy at the bar at the far end. I am still getting used to seeing liquor on display at the crack of dawn in various lounges I've been to at SIN and HKG and NRT/HND. I keep forgetting that I live in puritan North America. LOL (with a few exceptions)

EDIT: a few photos. There was also wet scramble "eggs", some bread, baked goods, waffles and syrup, ham, and congee.
Attached Images     

Last edited by 24left; Jul 11, 2016 at 11:04 pm
Old Jul 11, 2016, 11:18 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by sxc
Is there a CX agent sitting in this lounge like in the Skyview lounge?
Originally Posted by jagmeets
When I asked the DNATA lounge dragon about moving seats (it was 120 minutes before departure),she told me that the CX rep comes to the lounge 1 hour before departure and I would be able to ask her.

The CX agent turned up about 80 minutes before departure,loged in on to the lounge desk's computer and accessed the seat map (she did not help me at the end and lied that the seat I wanted was occupied,but that's irrelevant here).

I did not like this lounge too much,I mean seriously a lounge without Bailleys?
Old Jul 11, 2016, 11:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
....I did not like this lounge too much,I mean seriously a lounge without Bailleys?
Neither did I but such as it was at 6am. When you walk in, near the hot food station on the left, next to the coffee machine, there were about 6 or so bottles of alcohol, a gin, a vodka and I wasn't paying attention to the rest.

I noticed the "bar" area at the far back on the right seem to have a larger collection, but I did not check brands. Were the options similar back there?

The peanuts in the jar were nice and crunchy though.

(wander over to the Pier J thread and see what I had for breakfast the other morning. )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.