Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Unpublished differences between SL and GO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unpublished differences between SL and GO

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2016, 1:52 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by Daffie
If you want a bottle of water, then bring your own from the lounge.
I never really understand this whole obsession with being greeted.
True. I always take 1-2 bottles for the flights from the lounge.I was on flight from KUL yesterday and it was around 29C outside and an A333 with no personal ventilation.KUL has at gate security and you can't take water with you,so a bottle of Evian provided by the crew was extremely useful.

FRA,VIE,CMB and many other airports have the same problem.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: CX MPC
If you want a bottle of water, then bring your own from the lounge.
That's not always an option. Some lounges don't supply bottles of water. And if you're flying to the US or Australia, you won't be allowed to take bottles of water through the screening at the gate onto the flight anyway.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:24 am

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold
Well, as a gold member, when taking Y or Y+, most of time I got greeting from SP. Once on a Y flight from CDG to HKG, every crew called me Mr. XX from begin to end, no joking! When ordering meal, one crew called me Mr.XX. during the flight, I went to galley for water, another crew still called me Mr. XX, amazing! However, in J class, nothing! No greeting and most crew didn't know my name.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by wyskevin
Well, as a gold member, when taking Y or Y+, most of time I got greeting from SP. Once on a Y flight from CDG to HKG, every crew called me Mr. XX from begin to end, no joking! When ordering meal, one crew called me Mr.XX. during the flight, I went to galley for water, another crew still called me Mr. XX, amazing! However, in J class, nothing! No greeting and most crew didn't know my name.
I find it's not the cabin, but the ISM. They have meetings for each flight and some ISM will asks all FA in the cabin to get to know the elite MPO members (DM, sometimes GO), and sometimes the ISM can care less. I've found out if ISM cares about elites, the entire experience will be that much better, but if not, you're no different than a non-member.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: CX-DM, BA-GGL, Marriott-TI, HHonors-DM
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
I find it's not the cabin, but the ISM. They have meetings for each flight and some ISM will asks all FA in the cabin to get to know the elite MPO members (DM, sometimes GO), and sometimes the ISM can care less. I've found out if ISM cares about elites, the entire experience will be that much better, but if not, you're no different than a non-member.
+1
Old Feb 11, 2016, 12:36 am
Suspended

Programs: AA & SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
True. I always take 1-2 bottles for the flights from the lounge.I was on flight from KUL yesterday and it was around 29C outside and an A333 with no personal ventilation.KUL has at gate security and you can't take water with you,so a bottle of Evian provided by the crew was extremely useful.

FRA,VIE,CMB and many other airports have the same problem.
Originally Posted by dgittings
That's not always an option. Some lounges don't supply bottles of water. And if you're flying to the US or Australia, you won't be allowed to take bottles of water through the screening at the gate onto the flight anyway.
I thought I read somewhere for those of you travelling in Y, they started handing out mini bottles of water along with your meal tray? Or is this only on certain routes?
Old Feb 11, 2016, 1:38 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
I thought I read somewhere for those of you travelling in Y, they started handing out mini bottles of water along with your meal tray? Or is this only on certain routes?
Received a mini bottle (200ml I think)of BonAqua last week on HKG-KUL,but not on KUL-HKG. It came on the tray with the meal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.