Wiki Posts
Search

Can earn miles on Aeroflot?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2015, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Recently i had a ticket issued from Cathay flying from SVO-HKG then HKG-PEN

The SVO-HKG segment is serviced by Aeroflot since CATHAY axed moscow route starting from June 1st

So is the airmiles of Aeroflot SVP-HKG claimable under CX or not?
Thanks folks
Old Mar 25, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL PLT, Hilton Diamond, CX MPC Silver
No, SU (Aeroflot) is not listed under Asia Miles earning partners

https://www.asiamiles.com/am/en/earn/airlines
Old Mar 25, 2015, 1:40 pm

You should probably write to CX since their operational changes made you miss the chance to earn miles. For the money you paid, you should be getting the miles that come with it, not just the ticket itself.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 4:53 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF

Think it's actually listed in the Terms & Conditions that such involuntary changes will get Original Routing credit..
Old Mar 25, 2015, 7:34 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Original Routing Credit depends on if the OP was booked on CX originally or when it was booked it was already sold as a codeshare.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:58 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Original post is not clear.

CX doesn't fly SVO-HKG, but DME-HKG.
So, if CX had ticketd SVO-HKG-PEN originally, SVO-HKG must be SU coded/marketed and operated.
In that case, you have no chance of earning Asiamiles on SVO-HKG segment.

Original Routing Credit depends on if the OP was booked on CX originally or when it was booked it was already sold as a codeshare.
IIRC, CX doesn't have code share agreemnt with SU.
So, it should not be a codeshare.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply guys

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
Original post is not clear.

CX doesn't fly SVO-HKG, but DME-HKG.
So, if CX had ticketd SVO-HKG-PEN originally, SVO-HKG must be SU coded/marketed and operated.
In that case, you have no chance of earning Asiamiles on SVO-HKG segment.

IIRC, CX doesn't have code share agreemnt with SU.
So, it should not be a codeshare.
Originally the flight by CX is DME-HKG-PEN but since they stop their moscow route, they change it to SVO-HKG by SU then HKG-PEN by CX/KA

I find it confusing as well as CX has no codesharing with SU before and they belong to diff alliance.
Hoping will get reply from them soon. Thanks guys
Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I wonder if you can get CX to reroute you via FRA or AMS. You may argue that you booked on CX, you want only CX and not some other Russian carrier. You may cite SU's safety record as a reason.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:47 am

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I wonder if you can get CX to reroute you via FRA or AMS. You may argue that you booked on CX, you want only CX and not some other Russian carrier. You may cite SU's safety record as a reason.
Wouldn't LHR be a more logical reroute since there's a oneworld option from Moscow on BA? Haven't looked at the schedule though so not sure how that would line up with CX flights ex LHR.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
My friend tried to argue with his case in their office and he failed. For me, i manage to reroute my inbound leg via LHR. Outbound still using aeroflot but that's the nearest departure time and they are using a333. Their safety record been good once they start using boeing/airbus fleet nowadays. I quite skeptical in fact shocked when i found out i had involuntary changed to aeroflot. Same like your thinking, first thought in mind is SU safety and the dreadful FA attitude. But after some homework, apparently the business class service is remarkable. Angle lie seat on a333 but IFE is good, good cabin service, and good fine dining in fact some frequent flier comment it better than LH and AF service. But economy wise, that's totally diff standard it seems

Originally Posted by CrazyJ82
Wouldn't LHR be a more logical reroute since there's a oneworld option from Moscow on BA? Haven't looked at the schedule though so not sure how that would line up with CX flights ex LHR.
I manage to reroute the inbound segment. My initial suggestion is via DOH by QR or FRA by LH and LHR by BA. My New route now is HKG-LHR operated by CX then LHR-DME by BA. Looking forward to both CX b777 and BA b777 business class experience. Initially HKG-DME is using the infamous coffin style business class a340. Guess i just being lucky now aint i.

Thanks everybody. You guys been very helpful

Last edited by blackjack9; Mar 26, 2015 at 11:00 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.